Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Exactly, Scottish football is at a point where clubs have been overspending to keep up with the club immediately above them.

For the last, perhaps, two decades Rangers were chasing the dream of European glory just so they could catch up with their city neighbours who won Europe's premier club trophy a million years ago.

Rangers have spent money they did not have, money they could not recuperate without the success which they failed to gain and the clubs below them were playing catch up. Scottish football is at a false level at the moment and in order to keep that level clubs will have to keep overspending. We'd be far better off if we looked to the future and said 'let's drop down a few places catch our breath and have another run at it when we're sorted'

Very few teams in Scotland compete in the European arena, even less next year, it's time to start competing against each other on the pitch again instead of the financial markets. If things do go pear shaped and Sevco are allowed in to the top flight or even the first division then I'll quite happily go to watch Highland league again, it's just as enjoyable if you know what to look for, if you are not just chasing dreams.

Dreams are fantastic, I've dreamt of Ayr lifting a national trophy, winning the top league, winning a European trophy etc.

The problem comes when 1 team throws OPM at those dreams, it isn't sustainable and every other team needs to chase that teams dream as well if they want to stand still, madness.

Because Fred the drug dealer has all the trappings of wealth doesn't mean everyone else can only attain those trappings through drug dealing.

You can satisfy some dreams but it usually takes a lot of hard work and a solid long term strategy, our football leaders choose the easy route almost all the time.

We all know TTFKAR have no qualms about heading to the courts to sort out football matters, but if they did manage to buy any english club and relocate are there any EU laws that would allow them to compete from a different country?.

I don't think they could be refused to compete due to location but i'm prepared to be shot down :lol:

a few years back before wimbeldon went tits up did they not raise the possibility of relocating to dublin?

Chas Green and the Gang have taken over the mantle of plate spinners in chief from Defer and Procrastinate. This is a sideshow to deflect from the fact that they have no finances in place. Without £££, there is no TRFC in any league. This is the current elephant in the room.

a few years back before wimbeldon went tits up did they not raise the possibility of relocating to dublin?

'Twas also one of the many wild and wacky schemes dreamed up by former Clydebank owner John Hall back in the late 90s when he and his twat pals David Low and Sandy Moffat tried to move The Bankies over to Dublin and rebrand us as Dublin City- well remember that odious wee shite Ian McCall banging on about what a great idea that was- fud

When that idea hit the skids they tried a few others including Galashiels

Still bitter after all this time!!! :angry:

There seems to be a strong defence of Rangers/TNR from Motherwell fans.

Is it a sense of sporting justice and fairness, or a lingering fear that their club might be retrospectively punished for shafting creditors too?

blink.gif erm No I want to see the fuckers die and would be happy to dig the grave.

Maybe it's to deflect from the fact that they are currently sitting in a room bidding against 10000hours to buy St Mirren. Not based on anything, just pure speculation and boredom waiting for the cnuts to be shot between the eyes.

NOT

FUNNY!

:(

There seems to be a strong defence of Rangers/TNR from Motherwell fans.

Is it a sense of sporting justice and fairness, or a lingering fear that their club might be retrospectively punished for shafting creditors too?

Almost all of the fellow Well fans that I know are strongly against Zombie Rangers rising from the grave.

If we vote them back in then forget it, I won't be back to another SPL match and I will not be investing in the Well Society either.

I'd put the increase in season tickets down to the combination of an upward trend recently and the utter delirium of a Champions League place.