Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Self preservation. Hunter S Thompson wrote this in 1972, but it's incredibly apt today, I think

With a few rare exceptions... sportswriters are a kind of rude and brainless subculture of fascist drunks whose only real function is to publicize & sell whatever the sports editor sends them out to cover....

Which is a nice way to make a living, because it keeps a man busy and requires no thought at all. The two keys to success as a sportswriter are: 1) A blind willingness to believe anything you're told by the coaches, flacks, hustlers and other "official spokesmen" for the team-owners who provide the free booze ... and: 2) A Roget's Thesaurus, in order to avoid using the same verbs and adjectives twice in the same paragraph.

What a pity nobody ever told Leggo about this.

How can Traynor say they admitted liability on the small tax case, so that's the end of the EBT case? If that's what he was saying. Is it not implicit now that they have lost the BTC? It should be explicit to shut these idiots up.

Thrust of Jackson's argument was that Rangers were being excessively punished for not paying their taxes, and EBT case has yet to be decided.

So please HMRC make it official that they are guilty of a £100m tax fraud so we can move on.

And Jackson goes on about a 'minority' of fans convincing their clubs to vote No. 14-year0old youths in attics etc.

Sorry, but I did listen to the end...

FAO Daily Record - GET IT RIGHT FUCKIN UP YE.

On a separate note, I'm pleased to see hors concours as an addition to the glossary. It is catchy and easily translated into the scots vernacular as "horse's conkers" which somehow seems apt.

Has anyone given any thought to the nickname we should give to the fans of newco? After all the can hardly be known as H*ns as that club doesn't have a team and soon won't exist anymore.

For beginners I suggest we call them The Uns as they support an unclub, with an unlicence, playing in an unleague. They have an unhistory and very probably also have an unfuture.

Has anyone given any thought to the nickname we should give to the fans of newco? After all the can hardly be known as H*ns as that club doesn't have a team and soon won't exist anymore.

For beginners I suggest we call them The Uns as they support an unclub, with an unlicence, playing in an unleague. They have an unhistory and very probably also have an unfuture.

And they are also unwelcome.

There's some amount of hysterical pish posted in this thread.

Used to be excellent for analysis too :(

Perhaps understandably, the news about them being liquidated has seen the influx of a number of applauding seals who have no grip on reality.

Listening to this Daily Record Podcast would drive you to drink. Frustrating doesn't do it...............Rangers are victims apparently.

Craig Whyte caused all the problems ? It had nothing to do with Rangers.

Why then did Rangers decide to sell to him ? I know.........it was David Murray's fault. Hang on, I thought it was Craig Whyte's fault ?

Well, OK, Craig Whyte and David Murray then but definitely not Rangers to blame.

Why didn't the Directors of the company take action if Whyte, or Murray for that matter, were committing offences ? Well, OK, It was Craig Whyte, David Murray, John Greig and John McLelland but at no time were Rangers involved.

These imbeciles believe that it is 14 year old boys in their bedroom who are causing the problems. How do they know I'm 14 year old and that I'm typing in my bedroom ? I will admit they are very close. I'm male and I'm in my house. I'm actually in my living room and I'm a 58 year old. No need to back up their claims with facts. As usual, Traynor and his band of clowns make up their minds that it is youngsters who know nothing who are putting the boot into Rangers and therefore it becomes a fact.

These people live in their own wee world and think they are doing us a favour by sharing their perceived wisdom. In reality they are lazy, self interested nonentities who have had a forum on which to justify their skewed perception of scottish football and importantly, they have had no challenge up till now.

Things have changed, thanks to the emergence of the internet, and ordinary people like ourselves are finally able to comment on the topical issues of the day. These self appointed experts don't like the idea of Joe Public having a view and their ever diminishing confidence has left them with the only alternative available. That is, attack the new voices, proclaim that everyone on an internet forum is stupid and the only way forward is to listen to them.

These media fools are exhibiting the classic symptom of individuals with a low self esteem. They are attempting to drag everyone else down instead of aspiring to a a higher level themselves. Rather than engage with people who have something to contribute to the debate, they would rather dismiss people like us, not because our arguments have no merit, but because it undermines their monopoly of the communicated word.

If Traynor, Keegins, Jackson et al don't want to be swept away in the tide of progress, I would suggest that they embrace change and start working harder to convince us that they are worthwhile listening to.

As for disregarding the rants of the 'fourteen year old keyboard gangstas', you will eventually learn that internet forums are a wee bit more sophisticated than that and life could well become increasingly uncomfortable for you magnificent, honest, knowledgeable journalists with more sporting integrity than the rest of us mere mortals.

Starting from scratch, their situation is not unlike Ur, thought to be the first city. So the Urines?

Yes I've got that. Are you grasping that if we get what we want and they have to apply to sfl3 their chairmen will see it the same as getting them in the cup - better even as there will be 2 games? That Spartans have already said they won't apply for the vacancy and would rather sit out and wait for a pyramid?

Besides the previous poster's hysteria was based around them being knuckle dragging bigots spewing their bile and vile etc. My point is that their bigotry hasn't mattered previously when said chairmen rubbed their hands in glee.

All I'm doing is trying to talk in facts and not emotive nonsense (I appreciate this is an emotional subject btw)

I guess I'd better just jack it in then now that I've been outed as a hysterical spouter of emotive nonsense.

Is there a 12 step programme for saddos such as myself ? Club 12 maybe ? :o

The French. They have got a word for everything except weekend... and entrepreneur.

Don't forget Croissant. Dirty b*****d French using our words :angry: