Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes but Sevco have not bought another club. They are a brand spanking new club who have NEVER played a game and want access to the First Division.

Problem is in the eyes of the SFA they are one and the same and always will be. They know that if they don't recognise this then they lose the Rangers fans. The rangers fans are worth more to them than all the other clubs in the nation put together. Never forget this.

Is this a spread the blame stitch up , the SPL have done their bit and the SFL will say there was nothing we could do our hands were tied.

Everyone can blame each other while pertaining a sense of doing all they could.

Spl say we expelled the newco, SFL saying the newco were relegated. The whole thing looks and smells like an appeasement for the Sky deal .

Which would say that Sevco will be getting more favourable decisions to ensure promotion.

There is no incentive for the diddy teams to continue the SFL should just refuse relegation for Sevco and keep the hypocrisy in one league.

I have season ticket money sitting here for Firhill. I wont be able to travel to see the games, but after all the optimism at the end of the season I wanted to invest something in the club. BUT if this proposal goes through I WILL buy a season ticket, but at a championship club, where what I spend wouldve got me 2 tickets at Thistle.:angry: :angry:

Petrie could help by claryfying if any such talks took place between himself and Green.

Additionally, if they are going to 'relegate' Rangers/ newco/ sevco then they would be swapping with Dunfermlines place....not Dundee. As currently there is no newco in place this 'suggestion' would then be an immediate promotion to SFL1 for them.....

Assuming the BBC report is true...

They are going to change the rules with the agreement of the SFL. The SFL get their playoff plus £1m for the trouble and teams in the first get to play Rangers next season which should attract more punters, more hospitality and more commercial revenue. To me it seems a small price to pay to get a forward thinking agenda into Scottish football, even if I don't agree with all the points.

Credit to Petrie and Longmuir for getting a good deal for the SFA and the SFL. Once the merger rolls around we should start to see big changes in the game.

Too many people have been too focused on the killing Rangers over and over, it will never last. They can get more than 40,000 people to turn up to watch Rangers and if you tell them their new team isn't Rangers most of them won't believe you or won't care. (see Clydebank/Airdrie). If you kick them to division 3 Scottish football gains nothing, if you kick them out completely you still gain nothing apart from some club will be taken over and rebadged.

This way things actually happen instead of Scottish football suddenly becoming a lot poorer. Rangers get relegated which is fair. Dundee/Dunfermline situation is unsatisfactory but nothing's perfect and the SPL can still deal with revenue sharing, votes, friendly exceptions and anything else where the OF have been running roughshod over the diddies.

The SFA put this out last Saturday:

Scottish FA leads reconstruction talks

Saturday, 23 June 2012

The following statement has been issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL:

"All three parties have been involved in productive discussions for some time on the subject of league reconstruction. This culminated in a positive meeting last night, out of which the two league bodies will now engage in a wider consultation with their member clubs.

"The discussions are based on the key principles for reconstruction outlined in the Henry McLeish Review of Scottish football:

* One league body in the senior game

* Promotion/relegation play-off between SPL and SFL First Division

* Single financial distribution model

* Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier

"Further consultation will take place in the near future, with the aim of reaching a positive outcome on a new model to take Scottish football forward."

The new thing today is the idea from STV that TEFKAR can be demoted to Div 1 without a vote by the SFL clubs. They could have done this before Sevco 5088 bought Ibrox and the rapidly dwindling team, and the SFL could have automatically relegated them to Div 3. But who can they now demote? Oldco, who still hold the SPL share, but have no team or stadium? Or Sevco 5088 (or Sevco Scotland) who have a stadium, half a team, but no share? Can't see this happening.

Yes we did,and you answered the question why? yourself.We bought out another club.

A sad situation which was forced on us due to 3 year audit,not wanting us to look like a pheonix club,also the fact they slated our fanbase and weren't prepared to see it rekindled.

How on. There wasn't (still isn't) a 3yr account requirement, for SFL... your Newco applied to SFL3, lost the ballot to Gretna (clubs voted with integrity), then bodysnatched Clydebank.

My e mail is off....BOMBARD THEM!!!

info@scottishfa.co.uk

info@scottishfootballleague.com

Email sent.

This whole situation is disgusting. Scottish football has the potential to be come as dirty as American (North or South) politics.

So spl pay a million for their div 1 tv rights?

fook off. That means the honest spl teams subsidise them back into the top flight.

This was a chance for a brave mew world. kill them, kill them now...

We're a footballing backwater. I don't think they'll give two shites, to be honest.

Sorry i can't find the link at the moment,but it has been stated before,and in this thread that the SFA are actually one of the main bodies in Fifa.That may be why old Sepp is letting us clean house ourselves.The fact we are not doing it should make them get involved though,in my opinion of course.

He should now be aware that what we are doing here is corrupt,and for a World Footballing head,he should act before other FA's think they can do whatever the hell they like without Fifa intervention.

They are going to change the rules with the agreement of the SFL. The SFL get their playoff plus £1m for the trouble and teams in the first get to play Rangers next season which should attract more punters, more hospitality and more commercial revenue. To me it seems a small price to pay to get a forward thinking agenda into Scottish football, even if I don't agree with all the points.

Credit to Petrie and Longmuir for getting a good deal for the SFA and the SFL. Once the merger rolls around we should start to see big changes in the game.

Too many people have been too focused on the killing Rangers over and over, it will never last. They can get more than 40,000 people to turn up to watch Rangers and if you tell them their new team isn't Rangers most of them won't believe you or won't care. (see Clydebank/Airdrie). If you kick them to division 3 Scottish football gains nothing, if you kick them out completely you still gain nothing apart from some club will be taken over and rebadged.

This way things actually happen instead of Scottish football suddenly becoming a lot poorer. Rangers get relegated which is fair. Dundee/Dunfermline situation is unsatisfactory but nothing's perfect and the SPL can still deal with revenue sharing, votes, friendly exceptions and anything else where the OF have been running roughshod over the diddies.

But all these things can happen without bending over and letting Rangers in to the SFL1. Can't you see that?

This is bullshit! How can dundee possibly be promoted anyway? The fixtures are already out and theres to many games mean that both dundee and utd would be playing at home together. If my memmory serves me (parhaps an arab can confirm or not) the police never used to allow it to happen but it could have been the spl/sfa. That alone is grounds for dundee not to go up but more so county will have just been shafted and really their promotion means fa!

Rangers have 13 players left. Thats only two subs and not enough to fufill a fixture is it not?

Sorry POZ, not a great start to your birthday mate :-( you'd have thought they'd have had the decancy to snuff it today of all days! Basturds! Llf

*facepalm*

Sorry i can't find the link at the moment,but it has been stated before,and in this thread that the SFA are actually one of the main bodies in Fifa.That may be why old Sepp is letting us clean house ourselves.The fact we are not doing it should make them get involved though,in my opinion of course.

He should now be aware that what we are doing here is corrupt,and for a World Footballing head,he should act before other FA's think they can do whatever the hell they like without Fifa intervention.

The SFA is one of the five members of the International Football Association Board (along with the the other home nations and FIFA) and it is making a complete mockery of itself. We are responsible for the laws of the game and yet the SFA are bending the rules to suit one club. Time for FIFA to step in and sort it out.

Edited by monrovianmonk

I feel sorry for dunfermline, dundee, airdrie and stranraer. These clubs are back at pre season and still dont know what league they may be playing in. Sfl/sfa/spl need to get this sorted fast.

Is a scenario where Rangers get 'relegated'/otherwise admitted into a lower level (and seperate organisation) going to cause FIFA to take direct action, citing corruption?

Ten players turn up for training and this story is released the same day. Coincidence? I don't think so and I still believe the only way rangers will be in the first division next season is after killing Cowdenbeath.