Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

See, this is where I get confused again. I thought that Newco couldn't possibly accept responsibility for any previous debts or commitments incurred by Rangers (IA), as that would breach the basic principle of liquidation and they could be then held liable for ALL debts - in essence, it's giving preferred status to some creditors over others. But then again, there's already enough ammunition flying about to keep the lawyers busy for years in this fustercluck without opening a New(co) cans of worms

*ETA: in case it's not apparent from the above, I'm not an accountant and I'm not saying this interpretation is correct. I have, very occasionally, been wrong in the past.

Edited by Helpma

How do they expect D2 and D3 teams to vote for the plan when there is literally no incentive for them to do so?

Exactly, This is an old story, I don't understand why anyone reading this thread can be surprised. The important bit is this:

All these changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days.

It's the "It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval."

Like a judge asks the accused is it ok if i jail you...................................no.........................oh ok sorry for asking here you go then a wee fine.

Only thing thats going to stop this will be continued fan pressure.

Then under the new SPFL organisation they get the same amount of cash as currently - while tier 2 get richer!! - and a pyramid is introduced which most SFL part-timers dislike.

Do you mean the clubs or the fans here? If you mean the fans, I think you're wrong, and if you mean the clubs, have they actually been seriously asked the question? Genuinely curious here btw as I don't know the answer, and you are usually clued up on this sort of stuff!

How will the fans react if the SPL clubs end up voting YES to the newco after all they've said? Do the authorities live in a bubble, completely isolated from the world?

This is the Cockwomble trying to come up with something to circumvent all the club chairman saying that they're going to tell Rangers to do one on the 4th July, and it should be treated with the contempt it (and he) deserves.

Surely the SPL board can't push this through on their own?

I suspect this probably is coming from the Cockwomble, and I'm hopefull the 11 chairmen will hold firm and force Sevco to start at the bottom. If the Cockwomble tries to force this through with the Board alone against the chairmen's wishes, I would expect an EGM and announcement of the Cockwomble's dismissal.

so the clubs have a bullet against their heads?

they have to vote rangers into 1st division to get the obvious benefits of the rest of the restructuring?

that proposal should not be dependent on them voting a new rangers club into division 1.

its weird, they outraged SPL fans because they were seriously considering letting rangers wipe out their debt and start again in the SPL

now it seems like they dont seem to respect that fans of lower league clubs have the same rage at the injustice parachuting a new rangers into any division above the 4th division would create?

or if they do, and know the fans will stay away, they dont seem to be treating it too seriously as tv income is not affected as a result of that.

would love to know how many fans from lower league clubs (and the SPL) would still boycott football as a result of this,

doesnt take a brainiac to say its a LOT and that the revenue lost in ticket sales would far outstretch any payment filtered down the leagues from the proposed redistribution of a new league set-up

Only thing thats going to stop this will be continued fan pressure.

Have to say I disagree with that... it's going to be one element definitely but if this all does require SFL club approval then one struggles to see why SFL2/3 will vote 'Yes'.

Do these debts include the Tax ones,and the big case one when the result of that comes in.Or are they just meaning the puny £160k fine they got?

Football debts will be any fines plus money owed to other football clubs/players

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee."

How can they be relegated from a league that they are no longer members of? FFS....

ETA - Well technically the oldco are stil members but they won't be if it gets to the vote next week. Or are they going to try to kick them out before they get that far?

Presumably, they would need the vote on SPL share transfer to be YES

Surely if "Rangers" are "relegated" they should be replaced by Dunfermline??

Dunfermline were relegated and replaced by Ross County. If Rangers were relegated it would make sense that the 2nd club in the first division would replace them

See, this is where I get confused again. I thought that Newco couldn't possibly accept responsibility for any previous debts or commitments incurred by Rangers (IA), as that would breach the basic principle of liquidation and they could be then held liable for ALL debts - in essence, it's giving preferred status to some creditors over others. But then again, there's already enough ammunition flying about to keep the lawyers busy for years in this fustercluck without opening a New(co) cans of worms

Its standard practice in football administrations, though. The football authorities make it a condition of membership that football debts are repaid in full by the "new" club. Theres no legal requirement to pay it - hence no preferred status - but they cant play football without agreeing.

I urge all fans to once again contact your clubs on the back of this new proposal that has been outlined on the BBC website, stating that the changes proposed are unacceptable, and should your club vote YES, that you will not be back.

Done, Mr T has been well and truly telt !!

How do they expect D2 and D3 teams to vote for the plan when there is literally no incentive for them to do so?

Yes was my thought and even worse the pyramid system is a threat to them, every club chairman must see this for what it is, Rangers are bigger than Scottish Football, tell them where to go !

The days of the tail wagging the dog are back !

Do you mean the clubs or the fans here? If you mean the fans, I think you're wrong, and if you mean the clubs, have they actually been seriously asked the question? Genuinely curious here btw as I don't know the answer, and you are usually clued up on this sort of stuff!

I was meaning the clubs. Going by the amount of heel-dragging over the years, and occasional quotes from Ballantyne, Longmuir etc. about all the 'problems', I think it's fairly clear that they're not advocates of the idea (unsurprisingly).

There's also a thread on the SFL3 sub-forum where someone discussed a talk-in with Alloa's chairmen where such positions were asserted.

Its standard practice in football administrations, though. The football authorities make it a condition of membership that football debts are repaid in full by the "new" club. Theres no legal requirement to pay it - hence no preferred status - but they cant play football without agreeing.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, my brain hurts marginally less now. I'll relax by writing a wee letter to Les Gray now .....

Fucking disgraceful from all the bodies that claim to run our game. Every single one of them bending over backwards to save this vile bigotted zombie club and then expecting SFL clubs to sign up to this over £33k.

f**k that shit, if this goes through and Thistle have voted yes then its game over for me.

SPL chairmen are utter c***s, putting out no to newco messages last week knowing that this is going on in the background. Hope every person who bought a season ticket last week will be telling the clubs they want their money back now.

All throughout this saga I have been vaguely amused,and sometimes annoyed, today is the first day I have been abosultely raging.

I feel... sad, now. Melancholy, even.

Because if these proposals go through, then I really will be done with Scottish football for good. What is the fucking point in supporting any team other than Rangers or Celtic where even going out of fucking business isn't an obstacle to continued existence within a Scottish football set-up? A set-up that will actively seek to restructure itself to accomodate Rangers, no matter how grand the scale of cheating/tax avoision/going out of business, for fucks sake, but would not do so if any of the clubs the rest of us support were in the same situation?

My thoughts ! if there is a 16 team SPL then you would have to include as much competition as possible to keep interest.

Have never understood this theory that there will be too many meaningless games, along with not enough games over all.

A 16 team League, playing each other once at Home and once Away, giving a total of 30 matches a season seems to work fine in countries like Portugal, Russia, Ukraine and Greece. All of these countries have a far better coefficient that Scotland, and all of them have their national team at the Euro's.

We need to do away with playing each other 4 times a season, it has become stale. We need to do away with meaningless splits.

For additional matches, why not start the season off with the League Cup back in it's original format, with group stages. That would give all teams an extra 6 games at least. Have them played on a Saturday in July/August, a good warm up for teams in Europe too. All League Cup games fixed at a tenner. No Sky TV, just highlights on BBC/STV with the occasional live match. Get the punters in at the start of the season. Have them included in Season Tickets again. God knows this competition needs to be rejuvenated, the midweek matches just aren't getting the crowds in anymore. This would work well alongside a 16 team League.

A bigger League without any fancy split system would mean some less meaningful matches, but does that not give teams the opportunity to blood more youth players? We all know that's what has starved our national team for the past 15 years, too much pressure on too many teams to win the League/qualify for Europe/ get in top 6/fight of relegation meant that young players were rarely given a chance.

Just my opinion.

By the way, are they dead yet? wink.gif