Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1341351902[/url]' post='6398116']

I dont think the chairs will change their minds ,if they did they would be facing a huge backlash from their supporters,as for all this talk about SKY, if they walk away,espn have just lost the rights for EPL could possibly strike a deal

I find it very hard to fathom how any of the declared noes could back out and get them back to the SPL. Nor can I see how Celtic could vote yes. Rationally, each club should have been burning the midnight oil to figure out the repercussions of Rangers being in various divisions since MARCH (and the TV and sponsor contracts would have been the first thing they looked at).

If any club (and that includes Celtic) thought they couldn't live without reduced income streams the logical thing to do would have been to start preparing the ground with the supporters early on. Killie, St. Mirren and Motherwell did a little bit of that but not a lot. Everyone else was noncommittal or vague.

By the time the chairmen started announcing no votes they damn well had enough time to figure out the math of any possible scenario and talk to everyone involved. If they weren't going to like the supporter response they bloody well should have been moving heaven and earth to explain the facts, not taking the plaudits for a no vote if there was any chance in hell they'd change there mind. Given that the SFL teams seem to have been blindsided by the Gers to the first plan and the response was easy to predict I can't imagine that they were announcing no votes in the expectation the First Division was a cert.

I simply can't believe the chairmen of SPL football clubs would risk permanently alienating their core audience by making public statements one way and voting the other just to get faster season ticket renewals. And that logic applies with full force to Celtic because their early statements coupled with silence has been taken By the overwhelming majority of fans as a diplomatic tactic to cover a no vote. Celtic fans will goes berserk if Rangers are back in the SPL and will not look kindly on even a no vote if other clubs claim they voted yes only because Celtic refused to accept more equitable prize money sharing, for example.

The only scenarios where the the bulk of the clubs actions make sense if the rumors of backdooing Rangers into the SPL are true is 1) Sky, sponsors etc. have radically changed their tune in the last week, 2) nobody foresaw problems with the SFL teams, which seems unlikely, 3) Green has pictures of Doncaster in bed with a dead lady or a live guy or 4) SPL chairmen suffer from severe bipolar disorder and just exited their manic stage.

b*****d, typed out a long post and lost it all.

Basically, Gilmour is an outstanding chairman and one of the greatest people in St. Mirrens history. He knows what he's talking about.

Secondly, if we go into admin as a result of Rangers in SFL 3 (Still the likely outcome) then there will be plenty joining us.

Thirdly, parachuting them into a division below isn't, and has never been in my opinion, a disastrous outcome. Italys establishment club were punted down one division too, albeit in a very different case.

Finally, the best case scenario is that Rangers never got into this mess in the first place so all those laugh.gif from earlier are a bit inappropriate. Stuff like changes in the voting structure surely have go through, no excuse for missing shit like that.

Juventus were relegated for match fixing not going into liquidation. Fiorentina were the top team who were relegated 5 divisions for going into liquidation. So even the corrupt Italians dealt with a liquidated club in the right manor.

I was actually referring to the SPL (and the Scottish league in general).

Can't we just raze it all to the ground and build something better in its place.

My badoops.gif

As for your 2nd line, anything would be better - We've bottomed out, surely

I've lost track a little with the pace of the thread the last few days, but I think I'm up to speed enough.

Time now though for me to retire for the night, on the eve of one of the most important days in Scottish Footballing History.

To all those who have fought the fight so far: Goodnight, goodluck, and godspeed.

Basically, Gilmour is an outstanding chairman and one of the greatest people in St. Mirrens history. He knows what he's talking about.

Secondly, if we go into admin as a result of Rangers in SFL 3 (Still the likely outcome) then there will be plenty joining us.

Thirdly, parachuting them into a division below isn't, and has never been in my opinion, a disastrous outcome. Italys establishment club were punted down one division too, albeit in a very different case.

Finally, the best case scenario is that Rangers never got into this mess in the first place so all those laugh.gif from earlier are a bit inappropriate. Stuff like changes in the voting structure surely have go through, no excuse for missing shit like that.

Are you for real? Promoting a new club straight into Division 1 will result in many fans leaving our game forever :angry:

Wunfellaff has reached 1,000 posts on this thread, as a tribute to this the club he supports are going to announce tomorrow how they intend to vote on newco being admitted to the SPL.

They've gone bust. They don't exist.

If ANY single club faces 'financial armageddon' because of another club's demise, they're so screwed up financially then they deserve every single second of that eternal damnation.

As do apologists who allow this sporting travesty.

Rangers' mess is entirely of their own creation, and the TV deals, with unscrupulous ratings hunters like Sky, are built on the back of their sporting fraud.

The last 15 years + of top flight football has been a charade, a tacky veneer for the reflected glory of 45,000 bigots at the Big House.

I have spent 30 years despising everything Rangers stand for and what actually makes me seethe even more is that their cheating has managed to slaughter everything I loved about our game.

May they and every single ass-kisser of that vile club rot for ever.

Scottish football is well and truly dead.

Edited by Jim Leighton

The only scenarios where the the bulk of the clubs actions make sense if the rumors of backdooing Rangers into the SPL are true is 1) Sky, sponsors etc. have radically changed their tune in the last week, 2) nobody foresaw problems with the SFL teams, which seems unlikely, 3) Green has pictures of Doncaster in bed with a dead lady or a live guy or 4 SPL chairmen.

That would have been a better final paragraph.

Juventus were relegated for match fixing not going into liquidation. Fiorentina were the top team who were relegated 5 divisions for going into liquidation. So even the corrupt Italians dealt with a liquidated club in the right manor.

Not entirely. Fiorentina were allowed to skip playing in Serie C1 and were promoted directly into Serie B after they won Serie C2.

Ironically the old Fiorentina was liquidated in 2002 and reformed immediately as a newco called Florentia Viola.

Bottom line for me is that the only way they can put this someway to bed is dunting the cheats to the 3rd.

All this clambering for compromise for the sake of saving our cuntish football setup is disgusting.

Our game needs an enema. I'd rather watch ICT fielding a bunch of brickies and posties on 100 quid a week than see some pishy boardroom stitch up.

Our game truly is a fucking joke.

Where the hell are "newco" / ready Rangers(aye like shit ye were ready) gonna go in the SFL ? As far as I see all the leagues are complete with as many teams as we need, where are they gonna fit in ?

Just think of the saving the NHS will have, reduced coverage in A&E units on a Saturday night. Less poor wee women getting the brunt of the growlers fists, cause they dinna have a team to watch, so they can't get beaten. So the government can make up the shortfall of TV money with all that saving :lol:

Wunfellaff has reached 1,000 posts on this thread, as a tribute to this the club he supports are going to announce tomorrow how they intend to vote on newco being admitted to the SPL.

:blink: 1000......

I wish Celtic would kill them off but I doubt it will be tomorrow.

Fwiw, for all the changing in position, SPL, Div 1 or 3, I really don't think it matters too much at the moment, apart from fecking up the game and ruining what authority the ruling bodies have/had.

Newcorpse will die. That is certain. It is just a question of who will be the one with the hand on the dagger, and believe it or not, i firmly believe it will be their own.