Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1. Say what you like, but we got outbid by Kilmarnock and St Johnstone for two of our players, once it became clear what was happening. I didn't hear too many predictions saying Rangers would not be in the SPL next year when we signed Jim Goodwin.

2. To stand up and talk to the fans for an hour and a half in the current circumstances gains him my respect.

3. Given where we are now, compared to where we were when he took over, makes you wonder where we'd be if our chairman was "very bright"

Your points are all fair and thanks for replying, but...

You haven't once addressed the reason i called him "not very bright"

Caught up at lunchtime, expected a fairly large number of posts in reaction to today's meeting/predictions for tomorrow's meeting.

What I did NOT expect, but probably should have, is yet another delay in ANYONE coming out and saying what appears to be the unsayable:

The rangers football club cheated its way to dominance over a period of decades,and completely ignored their responsibility to help eradicate the problem of sectarianism in Scotland - rather they actively promoted a separatist agenda as part of their business strategy (in common with another club).

After having been found out in their theft of money from the taxpayers of this country, rangers refused to accept that they were acting in anything other than a proper fashion - even trying to sign or destabilise players when they knew they had no funds to carry through transfers.

Having been allowed to transfer control of the club to their preferred administrators, they acted thus:

Made no redundancies AT ALL in over FOUR months - contrast this with the administrations at Portsmouth and Bradford Bulls.

Stalled and dissembled when tasked with finding a way to move the club out of administration.

Finally allowed the club to be liquidated, which saw all creditors lose ALL their money. The only assets the club had were sold to a "consortium" of extremely shy backers for a sum which was remarkably adjacent to the administrators' fee.

At no time in this sorry saga has anyone connected with this disgraced organisation shown the slightest regret at the damage done to creditors' businesses, the tens of millions of pounds stolen from the UK taxpayer, or the shame and ridicule being brought upon the Scottish game and, by extension, Scotland itself.

The reaction from all connected with rangers - the directors, the administrators, the management and especially those poor fans who "are only concerned with the football, we're no' bigots", has ranged from contempt to arrogance to downright hostility towards any who might foolishly have expected some kind of contrition from "ra peepul". Reactions included:

1. Discriminatory payments from the RFFFFFFFFFFFFF to highlight how they perceived Dundee Utd, among others, had wronged them.

2. Rabble-rousing and redundant calls for "transparency" from Alistair McCoist - the public face of the club. Calls which led to threats of vandalism and violence against a fellow SFA club. Calls which were entirely unnecessary, as the club already new the answers they were screaming for.

3. Threats from club "ambassador" Sandy Jardine that "we will remember who has stood against us, and we will be back". (Is "club ambassador" a vital position in a club in administration?)

4. Threats from fans to boycott other SPL clubs, in order to "punish" those clubs by denying income.

Now, to Sevco 5088. Still no apologies, obviously - just a promise that any zombie club would simply keep rangers' history while leaving any responsibility behind.

Whether or not Green tried to alter contracts in June, as claimed, or not, his threats to any player not meekly accepting his view of TUPE - and any club daring to sign said players - are nothing more than intimidation, with no basis in law or justice.

Sevco have made no attempt to shed light on where their money is coming from to run the club - who is/are the backers? Surely this would have to be disclosed before any application for SFA membership, let alone application to the SFL.

If this lot want to play in the SFL, they have to give assurances that they can fulfil their fixtures - I have seen no indication that this would be the case. Imagine the reaction if they gain an SFL place and then fold before Christmas. I am given to understand that the maximum ticket price in Div 3 is £12, but I don't believe the maintenance cost of ibrox will decrease by 60% in line with gate income. (This is assuming they sell out every home gamelaugh.gif)

Oh bugger it, I really can't be arsed. The only solution for the good of our game, Scotland's reputation in international football, and for the country as a whole, is to erase this poisonous "brand" from the face of our sport. We've got a new season just round the corner, and no club in Scotland knows what their league competition is going to look like. This mob's behaviour, and the craven inaction of the game's custodians, is KILLING Scottish football.

And I haven't even gone into Bomber's sash bash in front of Strathclyde's finest, the in-out Knights, the racist slurs thrown at the only serious bidder H&D managed to attract, the tax-free payment to another club's manager shortly before unloading an unwanted player to the selfsame club, the holding of shares by representatives of other SFA members.....

Dear God, someone grow a pair and cut this monster's head off, stuff the mouth with garlic, stake it through the heart and burn it at a crossroads.

Rant over. Sorry peeps, the rage is strong tonight.

Isn't it strange that some people think the only guilty parties are those who are 'kicking Rangers when they are down" ? A recurring statement is "Haven't we been punished enough" ?

There are plenty of people out there who would do well to read your post and try to respond. Please tell us where we are all going wrong.

My link

SPL are shitting it.

I hope now that they just vote The Rangers into the SPL.

What they are trying to do to the SFL is disgusting.

Mentioned on Sportsound....

Stuart Gilmour said tonight that the best option for St Mirren would be:

1. Sevco go to the first division next season.

2. SPL expands to 14 next year - 3 up, one down.

3. SPL expands to 16 year after - 3 up one down.

Basically St Mirren would not vote for current proposals if in e.g. Falkirk's position, but SFL clubs position could change with the above proposals on the table.

He was also quite scathing of Doncaster{in general) and Regan ( for going on 2 week holiday at this time).

I still voted for the div 3 option, although felt a bit Swedish while doing so.

Was there a vote at that meeting tonight??? I got held up (no, not at gunpoint) and couldn't make it.

Your chairman isn't very bright is he?

They were two-year contracts signed last summer - you know, before all this shit started. :P

Caught up at lunchtime, expected a fairly large number of posts in reaction to today's meeting/predictions for tomorrow's meeting.

Rant over. Sorry peeps, the rage is strong tonight.

Agree with every word - even the stuff I deleted (sorry, it was just too long to quote).

I really cannot understand how Gilmour can still spin the line about St Mirren going into administration if Rangers go into Division 3 when if St Mirren were relegated they'd have no Old Firm to suckle off at all yet would survive easily - in the current scenario they will still have Celtic, and one less better competitior to face!

Risk of shortfall in money? Put your prices up to cover for it, not just at the gate, but the catering, where fans will buy just about anything on a match day (even if just to kill the time waiting for the second half) - it's not as if St Mirren are exactly allergic to doing that. Plus does he not think in all seriousness that there won't be a lot of "born again" St Mirren fans amongst the orcs when they're in Division 3 whilst St Mirren remain in Division 1?

FFS have we been relegated??? Is this the orcs revenge starting already?

My link

SPL are shitting it.

It's not really terrible news that they're shitting it. That means they know how the SFL vote is trying to go, and are looking at ways to avoid it. But I'm not sure they can.

SPL Chairmen are playing a blinder, say they'll vote no then a wave of fans snap up season tickets then they keep the vote delayed until the very last minute, then say circumstances have changed and for the best interests of our club we simply have to vote yes. The 'boycot' from the fans would then be pointless as most will have paid for their tickets anyways, and then there would be a full season for the fans feelings to have calmed down, of which they eventually will and everything goes along as normal.

f**k what would be good for St Mirren. They've been at the fucking basement end of the SPL ever since they came up. If budgeting for second-bottom every season still leaves them entirely dependent on sucking the old firm's tits for nourishment they should be wound up tomorrow.

post-19346-0-48472400-1341351316_thumb.j

1341351320[/url]' post='6398080']

SPL Chairmen are playing a blinder, say they'll vote no then a wave of fans snap up season tickets then they keep the vote delayed until the very last minute, then say circumstances have changed and for the best interests of our club we simply have to vote yes. The 'boycot' from the fans would then be pointless as most will have paid for their tickets anyways, and then there would be a full season for the fans feelings to have calmed down, of which they eventually will and everything goes along as normal.

I suspect many refunds will be demanded

My link

SPL are shitting it.

That's actually spot on. If the games up for any of us who enjoy the sport of fitba the SPL/SFA should at least have the balls to take responsibility for it. Newco's bleating fans looking for everyone to sort out their mess is bad enough.

Old journo alert, funny how there is very little coverage of today's meeting on the bbc website. Unusually light coverage. Barely visible reportage. Conspiracy? You bet.

That is all, one and only post....

Hiya Chick, hiya buddy!

Then the fans/ fans' trusts can take legal action and sue their Clubs for 'deceptive marketing' of season tickets. Nevermind sporting integrity but how about marketing integrity!

Was there a vote at that meeting tonight??? I got held up (no, not at gunpoint) and couldn't make it.

There was a show of hands at the end. SPL/SFL1/SFL3 were the three options. I'd reckon 5% 70% 25% was the voting share.

Old journo alert, funny how there is very little coverage of today's meeting on the bbc website. Unusually light coverage. Barely visible reportage. Conspiracy? You bet.

That is all, one and only post....

And no footage of Turnball saying "CORRUPT".

I know what you're saying but it's not about a one off boycott; it's about losing repeat customers.

So, is evryone going to carry out their promise, never to return to a football match in this country after this stitch-up ?

It was all only going to end one way with the length of time it's taken to come to a decision.

If Rangers Newconare playing anywhere else other than the 3rd Division next season I, for one, will never attend another football match in this country, it's pointless, the league is corrupt and the rules are only there for teams outwith the Old Firm.

f**k the SFA, SPL and the SFL if they vote this in, it's an insult to the clubs who live within their means and to the long suffering fans of non-Old Firm clubs that have to put up with being treated one step below dog shite by not only the governing bodies but also, it would seem, by their own clubs who have chased the dream, being paying over the top wages for crap players in a bid to keep up with a club that cheated for decades by bringing in players they couldn't afford.

Sorry, sporting integrity does matter, the rules are the rules, Newco must start in Division 3, no ifs, buts or excuses.

If other clubs who have got themselves into financial bother by buying into the SPL monopoly, tough, they should place themselves into administration with immediate effect and as for Sky, just where do they feature in the rule book ?, cheats are cheats, end of.

Yes, i have already spoken to Aberdeen football club and will NEVER spend another penny in scottish football.. now i can see why the english laugh at our league.

Its run by Buns in charge FOR buns.

Well next season for anyone else leaving that lives around glasgow, Come here and watch a game of rugby and get a pint in :D

My link

Edited by AFC1973