Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

To be fair our chairman seemed to believe every club will be in trouble and in admin apart from those who have a backer willing to write a cheque for this season. Kilmarnock were one mentioned as slightly worrying as they have 8000 or so away fans at every OF game. Aberdeen, Hibs and St Johnstone were those he stated as having that.

It seems to be based on sponsors in general walking away and clear it is not just Sky money.

What? No one can name a single sponsor that is threatening to walk away...the PR for any company doing that would be disastrous ...same for sky. The real danger commercially is appeasement of newco when all the stadia will be empty! That's assuming newco could even fulfill fixtures ffs! What if they fold a month in.what if they low constantly and have no crowds to speak of??

If the vote is deferred today and SFL clubs DO vote on thursday then they are a disgrace. All football league clubs' fans should be lobbying their clubs to ensure the vote next week gets punted until these clowns can ACTUALLY get around to making a decision.

I reckon this is why Stenny and ourselves wanted yesterdays meeting postponed. How on earth can the SFL vote before the SPL? SFL needs to hold firm. Stand them off. Then if nobody makes any decision no newco is admitted to any league and we play next season a team short. If I know our chairman he'll be pushing for exactly this if there is no vote today.

I have supported St. Johnstone for most of my life (albeit my life hasn't been particularly lengthy so far). I was a member of 'Super Js' from a very young age, and took pride in supporting my local team. I have met some great people at Saints matches. Supporting a small non-OF club is really like being part of a little community. Travelling to away matches, Saints scarf hanging out of the window, getting beeped by fellow Saints fans who drive past, giving them a wave.. These are just little things, but part of the magic of being a so-called 'diddy' supporter. To feel part of something which isn't solely about football. A few hundred or so Saints supporters huddled in a corner of Ibrox, surrounded by the unwashed hordes, feeling like it's us against the world (and a glorious bonus if we somehow get a result against the odds).

I have been a mascot, then a ballboy, then a season ticket holder. I have been to almost every home match and a large number of away matches throughout the past 9 or so years since my final year of primary school. I hate the feeling of missing any match at all. I have idolised many players who have worn the shirt.

In the past, I have done the research for St. Johnstone for Football Manager, I have interviewed players, manager, and written articles in the local paper about the club. It has become a huge part of my life. My love of Saints has, at times, led to a few arguments about my priorities in life. For me, it seemed undoubtedly permanent. I could never have imagined myself retracting my support or switching to another team. A football team is for life.

But things change. The last few months in Scottish football have escalated very quickly. I missed out on St. Johnstone's last European trip, and now the current events have put a sour taste on our upcoming one.

I will not commit myself to a season ticket either.

It is not an easy decision to make. Through St. Johnstone, I have got my dad into football aswell and we have attended many matches together. I find it difficult to ditch the club because he enjoys it so much, but he understands if this is my decision and would follow me in supporting a lower-league or junior Scottish team if the dreaded outcome is reached. If Rangers/Sevco are in the SPL next season, if our chairman votes 'yes' to Newco, or if he has been involved in the blackmailing of SFL clubs, I won't be back. As hard as it is, I could no longer support a team which has actively supported cheating and promoted corruption in Scottish football.

It needs a statement from the SFL at around 9.59am saying that a vote will be taken next week if and only if there is a "no" vote today. Any other outcome, including postponement of the vote, will see the SFL's vote go likewise.

SFL want the vote to go ahead next week as Longmuir and Doncaster all singing from same songsheet now. It needs direct action from clubs and clubs need to know how supporters feel about this latest predicted fiasco. Get badgering them people

Posted this on the Killie boards in response to the Sun and Telegraph

I just reread the consultation document.

No where does it mention the possibility of administration, unlike the St Mirren fans meetings yesterday.

So, I presume the reports of Killie a cert to be in trouble is just press pants.

I have supported St. Johnstone for most of my life (albeit my life hasn't been particularly lengthy so far). I was a member of 'Super Js' from a very young age, and took pride in supporting my local team. I have met some great people at Saints matches. Supporting a small non-OF club is really like being part of a little community. Travelling to away matches, Saints scarf hanging out of the window, getting beeped by fellow Saints fans who drive past, giving them a wave.. These are just little things, but part of the magic of being a so-called 'diddy' supporter. To feel part of something which isn't solely about football. A few hundred or so Saints supporters huddled in a corner of Ibrox, surrounded by the unwashed hordes, feeling like it's us against the world (and a glorious bonus if we somehow get a result against the odds).

I have been a mascot, then a ballboy, then a season ticket holder. I have been to almost every home match and a large number of away matches throughout the past 9 or so years since my final year of primary school. I hate the feeling of missing any match at all. I have idolised many players who have worn the shirt.

In the past, I have done the research for St. Johnstone for Football Manager, I have interviewed players, manager, and written articles in the local paper about the club. It has become a huge part of my life. My love of Saints has, at times, led to a few arguments about my priorities in life. For me, it seemed undoubtedly permanent. I could never have imagined myself retracting my support or switching to another team. A football team is for life.

But things change. The last few months in Scottish football have escalated very quickly. I missed out on St. Johnstone's last European trip, and now the current events have put a sour taste on our upcoming one.

I will not commit myself to a season ticket either.

It is not an easy decision to make. Through St. Johnstone, I have got my dad into football aswell and we have attended many matches together. I find it difficult to ditch the club because he enjoys it so much, but he understands if this is my decision and would follow me in supporting a lower-league or junior Scottish team if the dreaded outcome is reached. If Rangers/Sevco are in the SPL next season, if our chairman votes 'yes' to Newco, or if he has been involved in the blackmailing of SFL clubs, I won't be back. As hard as it is, I could no longer support a team which has actively supported cheating and promoted corruption in Scottish football.

Drama Queen forum for this pish!

What I want someone to ask Doncaster is supposing newco get into 1st division, what plans do they have in place to ensure they win the 1st division?

Usual refereeing appointments will be maintained.

Wonder if Mad Vlad is mad enough to risk not paying his players or any bills due to the SPL until they have amassed the amount that Hearts are due from the "in liquidation Rangers" and then pointing the beaks in the direction of Green or D&P as he feels they owe him the money.

Wonder if Mad Vlad is mad enough to risk not paying his players or any bills due to the SPL until they have amassed the amount that Hearts are due from the "in liquidation Rangers" and then pointing the beaks in the direction of Green or D&P as he feels they owe him the money.

I thought Hearts would get the money from what Rangers were due from the SPL for finishing (Cheating their way) to second place.

Good heartfelt post

If teams play each other 4 times per season then those results "against the odds" are eroded by the other 3 defeats.

I'd just like to state my preference for one game home, one game away whatever happens to the leagues.

So, The Donkey says its either the SPL or SFL1 for the zombies or we have financial armagedon.

So the SPL chairmen should vote to make a serious loss to their customer base.

So the SPL sponsors will be supporting a corrupt league with a rapidly diminishing customer base and no credibility.

For a club that will leave for pastures new at the first chance it gets.

It seems like a no brainer, but who would be surprised if that's the option they take?

The longer they put off the vote, the more long-term damage they are doing, and I'm not talking about losing zombiecash either.