Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Unsure if this has been posted yet, brilliant read:

"Stewart Regan tonight stands condemned by one of the most appalling press interviews ever given by a senior official in the Scottish game. But before I start talking about what he did say, let's be very clear on what he didn't say; he didn't say that there will be social unrest if Rangers are not in SFL 1. He used the term "social unrest" in the context of there being no Rangers whatsoever … or at least, no NewCo club bearing that name. I will defend him from that charge – which at least one website has repeated, without getting its facts right – but no other. For this is a man who has run out his rope, and should now be sent on his way.

We are facing a truly astonishing, historic, and potentially devastating moment for Scottish football here. Tonight, we have the head of the Scottish Football Association – a man brought in to revolutionise and modernize the game – threatening the smallest clubs, those who his "duty of care" is greatest to, with penury for daring to put the integrity of the sport first. This is a scandal paralleled only by what is going at Ibrox, and in doing so he has lashed himself to the mast of that sinking ship. His handling of this whole crisis has been a joke, from the way he has defended Campbell Ogilvie through to his statements tonight, which annihilate any credibility he had.

It is untenable for the head of the game's governing body to threaten member clubs who are putting the well-being and reputation of the sport first. He cannot survive it.

The logic of his position is so twisted contemplating it requires copious amounts of Jack Daniels; he is saying that Rangers must be an SPL club this time next year. Not only is he suggesting that he will refuse to acknowledge the will of the SFL clubs in this matter, but he is actually threatening the very integrity of next year's First Division title race itself, before a ball is even kicked. This makes this a unique and horrifyingly history maker in world sport – a governing body leader actually blatantly, openly and unequivocally prejudicing the outcome of a sporting event. It is almost unfathomable, a moment that has no parallel or precedent. How UEFA and FIFA can stand back and allow I cannot even begin to comprehend, but if there was ever a time for member clubs to report their national association to the continental body then this is surely it. My sincere hope is that not one club but many clubs will do so, and ask UEFA to act with urgency to resolve it.

But we cannot wait for UEFA. This goes much deeper now than just the future of the club calling itself Rangers. It is an issue so vast it dwarfs even that.

This may have begun with a scandal at Ibrox, but this scandal now goes to the heart of everything about the game here, and the people who run it. They have shown themselves to be craven, self-interested, shameless and incompetent. But more than that, they have proven themselves to be thoroughly and undisputedly corrupt.

Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster and David Longmuir have shamed and disgraced their offices.

These people first tried to ram Rangers in the SPL down our throats. Rules would be ignored or just rewritten to accommodate it. Doncaster told journalists off and on the record that he wanted the club in the league "no matter what" they had done – thus prejudicing an independent investigation which his own organisation was running, and casting a dark shadow over another investigation being held by the SFA itself. This marked him out early as an enemy of the sporting integrity of the game, and as someone who could not be trusted to do what was right.

As an independent committee of the SFA – one removed from the "old ways" (and we know what that means alright) of doing things- delivered its hammer blow against Rangers by imposing a signing ban, there was talk their decision had shocked Stewart Regan to the core. His behaviour since would indicate that this is the case; he did not do anything to stop Rangers taking the case to the Court of Session, and he has refused to punish them for doing so. The SFA committee which is to impose the new penalty has yet to be reconvened. His comments tonight have prejudiced that future committee as surely as Doncaster's remarks of earlier have prejudiced the SPL one.

For that alone, both men should be calling taxis. Yet they didn't stop there.

Did David Longmuir pen the now notorious "consultation document"? Unknown. But he would have seen it, and he would have had to approve it. From a stance where he stated, plainly, football integrity had no price and that NewCo Rangers could not be put in the SFL at any level other than the bottom, where he actually stated that there was "no mechanism" for doing so, he has turned 90 degrees. His position now is that it can be done and furthermore that it should be done, nee must be done, and that sporting integrity comes second to commercial considerations.

He too should be packing his pencils when this thing is resolved.

Doncaster's fingerprints were all over that "consultation document." So too were Regan's. They either authored it or commissioned it, and pushed it on him. But he accepted it without questioning it, and now is willing to subvert the rules of his own organisation because of it despite the fact the numbers in at are impossible to verify, and its key assertions have been openly questioned, with one chairman (Raith Rovers, step forward Turnbull) flatly telling the media that he did not believe them. He is not alone in holding that view, as many other club officials have verified over the last few days. This crisis spread from the SPL to the SFA and now infects the SFL.

In supporting the assertion that the SPL needs Newco there within a year he too is prejudicing the outcome of next season before it even begins, by accepting the caveat that Scottish football needs Rangers to be promoted. If they find themselves in SFL 1 the simple fact is that David Longmuir, Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan will have accepted a premise whereby the SFL's flagship competition starts with a pre-determined outcome. There will be a clearly stated "requirement" that Newco move up from his organisation's own flagship league, before a ball is kicked. He is violating the very ethos of sport itself and if there has been a more flagrant breach of faith with the notion of a "level playing field" I have never heard of it, in anywhere, in any game.

All of this is cause enough to fire these people with immediate effect.

Yet they went further.

Doncaster has lied to clubs at every stage, including, if you believe Charles Greentonight, and there is no reason not to, Newco Rangers itself. With the vote outcome looking tough, he tried to cobble together a package of "acceptable sanctions", to arrange a hasty pre-vote meeting to sell his wares and then attempted to have the meeting itself postponed – which would have thrown the entire game in this country into unimaginable chaos. He even tried to sell the idea of a secret ballot, all the easier to flog his scandalous plans and afford "deniability" to people who, themselves, would have had to have lied to their own supporters.

It is to the credit of the chairmen that they rejected the suggestion outright

David Longmuir has now subverted his own organisation to the extent he screwing with the voting system, changing their rules on the hoof and is actually banning one club from having a vote at all. And then there's tonight, and Regan …

What we might be about to see will make everything that has come before seem legitimate.

The subversion of two independent panels, with the guilt of Rangers already established will be a seismic event which will be felt in the halls at Nyon and Zurich. The punishments in those cases are enough to wipe Newco off the map – the very thing Regan has said would cause "social unrest". That those committees will be "leaned on" is now without doubt.

Yet something even more staggering may be coming.

If the SFL clubs follow through on their principles, and Rangers Newco is treated like any other club, and thereby must start in SFL 3, these men have suggested they may apply a truly nuclear solution to what they view as "the problem."David Longmuir and Neil Doncaster, with the connivance of Stewart Regan, may actually, wilfully, destroy their own organisations and start again. Longmuir may sell out any number of the clubs he has a direct responsibility to support and care for. The guardians of the sport may actually annihilate it instead … deliberately, to get their way.The fans have said no. The clubs will have said no. There will be a complete unification of will, save for a few hold-outs who will see some advantage for themselves in the chaos. The overwhelming opinion of almost everyone who TRULY matters will have been heard, will have been given, and will have been wilfully rejected as without merit. The views of the clubs will have been ignored. The views of the fans will have been treated with contempt.Only a small number of chairmen actually WANT this. The fans are almost united in their rejection of it. Incredibly, if you polled the supporters of every club the view would be UNANIMOUS. Even the fans of the club all this is being done for do not WANT it. Their own rejection might be coached in their typical ego, arrogance and even hate … but their view is no less valid because of that, and their opinion no less valuable.No decision in the history of sport has ever been taken in the face of overwhelming opposition.

The views of everyone in it, from chairmen to paying customers, have never been ridden roughshod over to this staggering degree. How can the sport survive if the fans who follow it, the clubs which make it up and the rules which underpin it are ALL systematically destroyed in such a fashion? How can men of supposed intelligence ever believe this would be accepted?Furthermore, the entire SPL 2 thing is a bluff, as anyone who looks at it must be acutely aware. If Rangers Newco is voted into Division 3 that is where they will be next season and no amount of bluster or fury will change that fact, because a restructuring of the game along SPL 2 lines would take a minimum of one year to implement, and would plunge the entire game into civil war, with no hope of any outcome which did not devastate the sport.It cannot be done in that timeframe and it will not be done in that timeframe. If it is going to happen at all it would have to be done at the end of the season, and that would assure an entire summer of battling and legal disputes which would make this close-season seem like a warm up fight before a heavyweight title bout.What would it involve? Well it would involve Newco Rangers not simply starting its existence two leagues above where it belonged but would see a club one year old discarding the whole notion of sporting meritocracy and leaping over two or more entire divisions to take a seat at the top table … putting Scottish football not on a par with professional sports but with Snakes and Ladders.

It is hard to imagine the outrage it would cause from the fans of each and every club in the country, not to mention the legal war which would erupt.We would, in that scenario, be looking at a thermonuclear version of where we were a month or so ago, with NO fans buying season tickets, with boycott threats ten decibels higher and with rage underpinning them which would sweep entire boards of directors away if they dared resist. You want to look at a Year Zero scenario? That would be it. What's more, knowing that such a thing was coming, the fans response would be planned well in advance and instead of coming from individual supporters of single clubs it would be a co-ordinated effort of mammoth proportions, with deadly consequences underpinning it all the way. It would be multi-club, unifying fans from all across the game, and it would be devastatingly effective. Sky would find itself with less customers, bookmakers with less punters and soft drinks manufacturers finding themselves second, for the first time ever, to the multinationals on their own doorstep.In other words, Year Zero for more than just football.How long do you think such a setup could be sustained? How many seasons could it succeed? I would wager that within a year we would be rebooting … again.But none of that has to happen.

There is a way forward which can resolve these issues and make things go a lot more smoothly. There is a way in which fan power can be exercised early, to resolve these matters and bring closure, and clarity, to this situation.The supporters who have lobbied their clubs thus far, the clubs who feel they have been let down, the people who have acted with courage, all of them can do so one last time. Fans can contact their directors and make one last demand. Directors can convene EGM's. Those who believe they have been told lies can choose to act. One more time, let the campaign begin.The three men who have dithered, obfuscated and even lied; the men who would subvert the rules; the men who would prejudice naturally occurring outcomes; the men who prevaricated, stalled and even hidden away when the going got tough can be removed from their posts before they do any further damage. It takes just ONE group of fans to influence ONE club in each section of our game. Those fans would force their board to table motions of No Confidence in the chief executive of their respective part of the structure … and that will trigger the vote.Does anyone believe for ONE SECOND these men have served their respective bodies well? Does anyone believe any of them could successfully argue for their jobs, in the light of forensic examination of their roles? Doncaster, for one, claims financial cataclysm will be inflicted on the SPL should Rangers not be in it for more than one year; can he survive the scrutiny into who's fault that is? Can he survive when he negotiated the very contracts which he claims will be nullified in that instance, when he, and everyone in Scotland, knew something like this was, more than likely, on its way? Can Longmuir survive being party to threatening his own members?Can Stewart Regan survive considering his appalling statements tonight, and the way in which they prejudice so many of the underlying principles of our game?My money would be laid against it.

Tonight, for the first time I can recall following football, I feel part of a fraternity, that of the Scottish football supporter, for a long time ignored, for a long time disdained, for a long time without a voice or a way to express it. All of that is over. We have the power.Now we have to use it. Not in the interests of our own clubs, but in the interests of the game itself. We have spoken up for integrity in the SPL and we have won.Now it is time to speak up for the sport, against those who betrayed it.Nothing we do as fans will ever be more important. This is not about which clubs we follow, but about the integrity, reputation and future of the game itself here in this country.Regan – Doncaster – Longmuir. Out. Out. Out.Scottish Football is bent, corrupt and is no longer a sport because of these morons.

Stenny76 Posts: 25Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 am"

Edited by Islay

I knoiw some of you like to see it as a big, evil, pro-Rangers/OF conspiracy but the people in charge of our football authorities are clearly panicking about finances.

I think most of us acknowledge that most Newco fans want them to join the Third Division.

The finances, regardless of what that fanny at Stenhousemuir thinks, are purely the concern of some SPL clubs that are run beyond their means - I have absolutely no sympathy for them, my club cut it's cloth why the f'ck haven't they ?? And just pay the f'ckin settlement agreement, it's contractual, not an feckin option

... and as for the SPL arranging deals that sponsors can walk away from ... what a bunch of utter tits - they are not fit for purpose - get them tae f'ck !!

I knoiw some of you like to see it as a big, evil, pro-Rangers/OF conspiracy but the people in charge of our football authorities are clearly panicking about finances.

Actually, yer on to something here. Most former Rangers fans want to start in the 3rd it seems, and even Green has to appear to be humble here for diplomatic reasons. There is a 'conspiracy' of sorts here for want of a better word but who's involved and why?

1- Doncaster - He's clearly out of his depth. His job was to maximise revenues. He's doing that. Problem is, he hasn't got the faintest clue about Scottish football. He's finished.

2- The Meeja (Traynor, Chick, Keevins, Winton etc.) - Finances? Nah! They just know what side their bread's buttered on

3- The SFL - Can't generalise. Each club has their own view and agenda.

4- The SFA - Now, good point! What'd going on there? Finances? Maybe, Maybe not. Regan's simply lost the plot. Finances... Social unrest... blaaahhh...

Edited by fozzie

That`s it for me. The fact is that we should`nt have to fight for this. Now they introduce a fixed vote which they`ll have their sycophants telling us whilst not the best solution is the best result for Scottish football.

That`s it for me. I`ve emailed Firhill and informed them the ST won`t be renewed. I`ve also cancelled the D/D for the Centenary Gold membership.

If it does`nt matter what we as fans do or say what`s the point in trying to use finance to sway the decisions of our boards? They`ll just wring their hands and say they did their best but that it was a done deal.

If the end result is Newco in DIV1 what are the fans REALLY going to do about it?

We do not really want to punish our clubs, it's not their fault that they ended

up in this shitty position.

So, what other options?

Boycott Scotland games at Hampden? I would say that's a goer.

Boycott Olympic football at Hampden? Already happening!

Boycott all events at Hampden? Too many non fitba fans.

Any other suggestions?

As a long term reader of this i am now incandescent with rage at the MSM and the utter idiots that run our game. Surely somebody has to stop this sorry saga from killing our game, how is it that Alex Thomson can ask the questions that none the current journalist think are relevant? Is it just me or do the SPL chairman not think this is totaly wrong to sit back and watch this stitch up,, if Rod Petrie thinks he can watch this happening and think, well I'm ok because I voted no then he is sadly mistaken. Anybody that reads into what the SFL,SFA are trying to do and thinks it is acceptable then I want no part of that club. Why are spl chairman not saying that what the lower division teams are having to deal with is a disgrace. Is it to much to ask that we have some feckin morals and sort this mess out,, put Dundee up or put back the pars, stick to the rules and put newco in the 3rd div, kick out all the blazers and start again with a new league setup, sfa give some punishment from the appeal board. We need some strong people to take the right decisions. This is doing my head in as most other fans I speak to really only get spoon fed the daily crap and they believe it, or chose to have no option at all !!!!! Away for a walk to calm doon...

Sharing the pain Kendo. Corruption has made it's way into and throughout Scottish media, including the BBC. Alex Thomson will fix this

Here's an idea; if they can't have a 'vote' per se. What about another method of reckoning? How about this:

Sevco get into the SFL if:

- Ally McCoist stays out of the papers for a week.

- Regan beats Turnbull Hutton in a 'shoot out' in an old warehouse

- Doncaster beats Alex Thomson in a 'square go' outside Hampden

- Dingwall beats Jim Spence in a 'dance off' in a multi-storey car park

- Bomber Brown beats Sandy Jardine in a duel with pistols at dawn (eveyones a winner here ;))

I'm putting down a score draw for that last one....wink.gif

Only caught a bit of Alex Thomson on the radio today, but he still hit several nails on the head. Saying Scottish football will be worse off without "Rangers" as they were being run from the Murray era forward is like saying a down on its luck community will be worse off if you take away the money lender. As for his take on Scottish sports "Journalism" the inference couldn't have been clearer.At Doncaster's press conference nobody was interested in asking any relevant questions regarding what our possibilities might be, the questions were the questions that talking pigs would ask if someone removed the trough.

New blog from Alex Thomson:

My sources are senior and widely respected figures in Scottish League Football and rarely have I heard men so angry about an invitation to a meeting.

07_Rangers_g_602.jpg

They describe it in many ways, some of which I know my lawyer will not allow me to pass on. So let's just choose one adjective:

"Despicable."

Their reaction of course, all flows from that second paragraph of the invitation to next Friday's meeting where the SFL says:

"That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13."

Read the full invitation here: Rangers – the vote that never was?

My sources have spoken exclusively to Channel 4 News and say that many in the league are not simply enraged that their vote is being taken away but that the SFA and SPL are now also directly involved and directly involved in effectively gagging the League clubs by stifling their votes.

My sources decline to be identified at this stage but one said:

"They've just gone ahead to steamroller us. It's farcical. They've cooked it all up amongst themselves."

Speaking on condition of anonymity he says there is now very little trust held by many senior League people in either the SFA or the SPL both as organisations in this matter and in terms of the conduct of their respective Chief Executives Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster.

He was one of a number this afternoon accusing Scottish Football of simply tearing up its own rulebook and suggested that either FIFA or UEFA might well be interested in taking a look at what is going on.

I have not been able to contact UEFA, the SFA or the SFL on this matter, it being a weekend.

This will further enrage fans across the country who have long suspected a stitch-up. Recent threats and hyperbole from Scottish football's authorities about "Armageddon" if "Rangers" go to D3 won't have helped.

RangersCrisis.jpg

Still less the SFA's Stewart Regan contemplating "social unrest" if "Rangers" disappear. Leaving aside various police forces who dealt with actual social unrest when Rangers FC fans did appear, his wild speculation looked desperate, not least given its hypothetical context.

Like today's extraordinary letter of intent, it speaks of the utter desperation Scottish football's governing bodies have to find some way, somehow, somewhere to go on milking the so-called "Rangers" cash-cow.

At least now this latest tactic is unmasked, leaked as they surely knew it would be.

Many will conclude that fans, chairmen and players have five days now to counteract the latest gambit-of-despair from Hampden Park.

http://blogs.channel...uthorities/2211

If they want Rangers back in the top league asap, and not apply the rule blook, then they are clearly pro Rangers, regardless of their motives

If the end result is Newco in DIV1 what are the fans REALLY going to do about it?

We do not really want to punish our clubs, it's not their fault that they ended

up in this shitty position.

So, what other options?

Boycott Scotland games at Hampden? I would say that's a goer.

Boycott Olympic football at Hampden? Already happening!

Boycott all events at Hampden? Too many non fitba fans.

Any other suggestions?

Not supporting my team is the option of last resort. I'd hate to throw away 20 years over this issue. However if the league system that they play in is institutionally corrupt in favour of 2 teams then what is the point?

I'd also hate to stop going to Scotland games but once again the SFA are at the heart of this. If they are so in favour of this how can I lend my support to them?

The thing is this isn't anti Rangers per se. Its a statement by the governing bodies that they will bend over backwards to support a team even though it goes against everything in their rule book.

I hope one of the SFL chairmen has the balls to post all the financial implications when they are given them, we need to get stuck into these figures and those withdrawing their cash at the earliest opportunity.

Actually, yer on to something here. Most former Rangers fans want to start in the 3rd it seems, and even Green has to appear to be humble here for diplomatic reasons. There is a 'conspiracy' of sorts here for want of a better word but who's involved and why?

1- Doncaster - He's clearly out of his depth. His job was to maximise revenues. He's doing that. Problem is, he hasn't got the faintest clue about Scottish football. He's finished.

2- The Meeja (Traynor, Chick, Keevins, Winton etc.) - Finances? Nah! They just know what side their bread's buttered on

3- The SFL - Can't generalise. Each club has their own view and agenda.

4- The SFA - Now, good point! What'd going on there? Finances? Maybe, Maybe not. Regan's simply lost the plot. Finances... Social unrest... blaaahhh...

You're forgetting the SPL clubs. Despite our dislike for cockwomble he's not driving this by himself. A number of SPL clubs are behind this, infact I understand almost all of them are with the occasional respectable exception. It's not hard to see that at the very least St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie will be pushing for this. The SPL, SFA and SFL board have put the SFL Clubs in an invidious position and are absolute disgrace to the game.

They bullishly talked about sporting integrity while concocting this plan. How can this plan, which prevents the clubs from having any real say in the matter, and creates a situation that requires Seveco to be promoted regardless of their success or otherwise on the pitch be in any way consistent with any integrity what so ever.

Disgusting.

You're forgetting the SPL clubs. Despite our dislike for cockwomble he's not driving this by himself. A number of SPL clubs are behind this, infact I understand almost all of them are with the occasional respectable exception. It's not hard to see that at the very least St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie will be pushing for this.

Can you explain why you've singled out just those three SPL clubs?

Loved this comment from RTC

Why don’t we give them what they want?

– The SPPL (the Scottish Premier Premier League) comprising two clubs – Celtic and Sevco. They play 36 times a year home and away, all broadcast on Sky. No relegation. Both clubs go into Champions League with the actual qualifying round dependent on which one finished First and which one finished First-but-One. Oh, and no audits necessary.

– The SDPL (the Scottish Diddy Premier League) comprising the current SPLers. No promotion but winners get Europa Cup spot. Five games a year broadcast on BBC Radio Orkney at 3am. Audits necessary.

– The SDL (the Scottish Diddy League) comprising all the remaining 30-odd clubs who will play each other at random moments depending on who turns up and fancies a game. Not all teams will play same amount of games over course of season. All league positions will be deemed approximate plus or minus 4 places in either direction. No promotion unless a club is liquidated in which case, all debts being cleared, they are automatically deemed members of the SDPL. Occasional matches broadcast on Uncle Jamie’s Live Webstream and PornShop. Team of accountants will be on permanent alert to ensure no financial shenanigans.

Can someone like HJ tell us who all the SFL board members are.

SFL board apparently: Gordon MacDougall (Livingston), Jim Ballantyne (Airdrie), Ewan Cameron (Alloa),

Anne McKeown (Arbroath), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Malky Mackay (Queens Park), Ken Ferguson (Brechin),

Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).