Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly:

'We don't want to be in Division One with sanctions imposed to satisfy other people,' Kerr said.

'It is not a palatable solution at all. In any other football league organisation, you would join it at the bottom.'

'But what can we do? Reject the invitation to join the SFL? Not join a league at all?'

'It is a huge dilemma and it is of huge concern. And why should it be the case that there could be sanctions? Aren't the punishments we have had not been severe enough?'

'We were deducted points last season in SPL. We were fined, we are out of Europe and will be for three seasons.'

'We have lost the vast majority of our first-team squad. I don't know what else they can do?'

Mail Online

Mr Kerr got done for drink driving on his way back home to England after rAngers v Killie last season.......

Good post mate - and exactly what Rangers supporting mates of mine are saying to me. They are sick of the whole thing and want to see 'Rangers' in Div 3 and work their way back to respectablilty.

They can go to hell and back and still have no respect from me.

'Well released a statement to shareholders and 'Well Society members, who were being given a vote on what the club's stance would be. This had to be done so that we all knew what we were voting for, so that we all knew the possible consequenses could be when we voted Ranger's out. This cannot be used as an indication that we are involved on this sh!te.

Motherwell have confirmed (on steelmen online) that nobody from the club had anything to do with the stitch up proposal that was put to the SFL.

The club have also launched the "Steelmen Forever" campaign, the purpose of which is to try and make sure we do as much as possible to weather the financial fallout predicted if and when Rangers are booted to div 3.

There is no evidence Motherwell were involved in this stitch up and much evidence against the possibility.

We know Doncaster and Petrie were involved, and Gilmour has been very supportive of the idea from what we've heard. I would not bet against Lawwell being all over it.

Apologies.

Please, please, please, please make this the time for reconstruction. 16 team top league with pyramid system below.

Yes, that would be fine, but what does gerrymandering a newco into the second tier of scottish football have to do with it? The Scottish football authorities have disgraced themselves utterly over this situation.

Please, please, please, please make this the time for reconstruction. 16 team top league with pyramid system below.

With Rangers starting at the very bottom of the pyramid.

Yes, that would be fine, but what does gerrymandering a newco into the second tier of scottish football have to do with it? The Scottish football authorities have disgraced themselves utterly over this situation.

Oh I think the whole situation is outrageous and the people at the top have to look at themselves.

With Rangers starting at the very bottom of the pyramid.

There or very close to it.

I'd be delighted if Dundee withdrew their SPL application and ecstatic if Dunfermline followed suit.

That would sort this lot out. Oh, and Dunfermline's undignified scrambling to be admitted is starting to piss me off a bit.

Any reason why Rangers should be killed off

Here is an extract from an Italian magazine regarding a one Marco Negri and why he left.

From an Italian Football magazine, an interview with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life in Scotland.

LB- Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

MN- Marco Negri

LB- Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?

MN- Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer.

LB- Why was that?

MN- The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour.

LB- Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud.

MN- Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place.

LB- What do you mean by that?

MN- The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy. Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training. I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then".

LB- Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?

MN- Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture. He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views.

LB- Could you elaborate on this please?

MN- Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred. Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy. You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down.

LB- What finally brought things to a head?

MN- I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs. The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it. But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth.

Would YOU REALLY WANT THIS CLUB BACK :o :o :o

1341704815[/url]' post='6409377']

Apologies.

laugh.gif

No need for that, we all know there are cloak and dagger meetings going on in the background by various muppets that run our game. It's only natural to speculate on which muppets are involved in which nefarious schemes!

I'm just pretty sure Motherwell weren't involved in this. It's not like our board to come out and criticise others who may have been, I wish they would do just that in this case.

As much as he's only an employee of the clubs, I think Doncaster is te main protagonist in this particular story. He allegedly has bonus related pay based on the size of the commercial deals he can arrange, so he is doing absolutely everything he can to save these deals by trying to save the dead Donkey that is Rangers. Short termism in the highest degree by an employee who's coat is on a shoogley peg and is looking out for number 1.

The problem with getting people with no concern about the future our game into influential positions within it.

b*****ds

I said before that I believe the majority of the SPL is in cahoots here.

From what my logic tells me, only Aberdeen and Hearts are truly against Newco. Everybody else is doubtful except my own club (at least the chairman) who is an embarrassing pro-newco fud.

Dundee Utd and Hibs are probably against, but it would not surprise me one jot if they were found to be part of a scheme to get Newco back into the SPL ASAP.

I really don't trust many of them at all, and nobody should.

Edited by KillieJimbo

1341706176[/url]' post='6409395']

Here is an extract from an Italian magazine regarding a one Marco Negri and why he left.

I think the vast majority of us would be content if they are treated like anybody else would be. Ie. allowed to apply for any available place in the SFL and if their application is the best of those applying then to be allowed in at the bottom of SFL3. That would be an acceptable outcome which could be considered fair.

However, down inside, I just want them to die. Scottish society would prosper without this beacon of hatred at the centre.

To be fair, that the "interview" in question is fake probably reflects more poorly on your own intelligence than it does on Rangers-That-Was.

1341707441[/url]' post='6409408']

From what my logic tells me, only Aberdeen and Hearts are truly against Newco. Everybody else is doubtful except my own club (at least the chairman) who is an embarrassing pro-newco fud.

Dundee Utd and Hibs are probably against, but it would not surprise me one jot if they were found to be part of a scheme to get Newco back into the SPL ASAP.

Motherwell are in a slightly different position to most clubs just now with the move to 'Well Society ownership. The actions of the board can't be seen to go against the views of the fans as they are still actively trying to get people to sign up.

This is different even from the situation at St Mirren, where a third party has set up the fan ownership body, who are trying to buy out the existing board. (as I understand it)

Its believed the SPL offered SFL

- play offs(not sure if this is just for one season)

- 1 million bribe

Doncaster would have to have permission from the SPL clubs to give away their money(Could it be SFA money?).

Doncaster must have permission on the play off place(the part of the bribe that maintains the 2nd place team SFL

can have a chance of SPL after rangers walk the league(their plan)

So all the clubs in the SPL will be in favour of this. I would imagine it would take a 10-1 vote to push through

the proposal to get the bribe in place. So make no mistake all the SPL clubs are involved.

I think they would see that rangers cannot be in europe for 3 years anyway(the length of time you could

say it would take them to get back in the SPL). So the clubs will just see them as a way to get

a better TV deal and they would not have much bearing on the competition.

However one point is that imagine rangers are in the SPL in the top 6 and cant get into europe. The

top 6 is a battle of european places and one club cannot qualify. This is incredibly stupid as

for instance

- Rangers make the top 6 41

- Hearts make the top 6 41

- Dundee united make the top 6 41

-hibs dont make the top 6 40

- Aberdeen dont make the top 6 40

So Rangers stop another team of even competing for a european place they cant compete for.

Who knows what level of stupid we will get next.

In effect if you pay any money to your club next year a percentage of that will be to facilitate

a bribe of 1 millions pounds to allow rangers to compete at the highest level possible.

Stick that in your season ticket broacher SPL clubs !

I'm now starting to wonder if the SFL chairmen will just say no to zombie rangers joining the SFL entirely now rather than have them jump up to the 1st...

I think there's a reason that no decision over Club 12 has been made yet. An outright 'no' might see Rangers shoehorned back into the SPL either straightaway or after a 1 year hiatus (i.e., an 11 team SPL for this season).

Reported in the Record on June 21st:

The SFL board held an emergency two-hour meeting at Alloa yesterday morning, as revealed by Record Sport, and reached a broad agreement on the principle of accepting newco Rangers into the second tier of the game.

But in return, they want guarantees going forward on voting rights, fairer financial distribution and easier access to the top flight for First Division clubs, most likely via a play-off system.

And to appease Sky TV chiefs it is understood the Glasgow Cup could be revived to ensure there will still be Old Firm clashes.

SFL chief executive David Longmuir was tight-lipped as he left Recreation Park yesterday lunchtime after talks with Ewen Cameron (Alloa), Kenny Ferguson (Brechin), Gilbert Lawrie (Dumbarton), Anne McKeown (Arbroath) and Jim Leishman (Dunfermline).

surely minutesof the meeting should be available to Turnbull Hutton and the rest of the SFL chairmen ?

and if it's theses guys named above who are going to decide if 'newco' gets into division 1, then the rest of the club chairmen know that in effect it's actually a newco entry to div 1 they are voting on.