Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

John Bomber Brown ‏@johnbomberbrown

All i can tell you for a fact is if you give them ur ST money it will go into a black hole. GONE i will have more info soon

Derek Holland ‏@itzdrk

@johnbomberbrown how black is the hole? is it a tarrier?

itz drk :ph34r:

Ticketus?

what again, surely they would recognize them as the same entity who just did them out of tens of millions

edited to laugh at myself taking it seriouslylaugh.gif

Edited by itzdrk

Agreed.

Sorry Dumbarton fans but I now wont be attending our pre-season friendly with you. If we lose the vote on Friday the game is fucked and I wont be back anyway. If the vote is won then it has been made a hell of a lot more difficult due to the cowardice of DFC. Doncaster and Regan talk pish. Dont listen to their lies. Stand up to them vote No to Newco. But already too late for DFC it seems......

It's looking more and more like zombie rangers will be entering the first division. Had the SFA any intention of playing by rules they wouldn't be fannying around like this. The start of the season is approaching, they have all their teams, and we will be forced to take it.

http://www.rangerssu. ..mbers-statement

"Rangers Football Club has existed"

What is it with fans of this defunct club not acknowledging that they snuffed it? If people were to walk around claiming that Third Lanark still existed, they'd be locked up.

Is it possible that if Sevco Rangers are regarded as being a continuation of the oldco would this not leave them wide open to the HMRC and other creditors for the debts of the oldco?. Then sevco could end up in administration to protect themselves. They could end up going round in a perpetual newco, administration, liquidation, newco, administration, liquidation cycle forever. :lol:

If this is true then maybe we should encourage them.;)

Not only that.

Comments along the lines of "No Rangers would bring about social unrest" are basically a dressed-up, roundabout way of saying "No Rangers would bring about social unrest because the majority of their fans can't be trusted to act as responsible citizens, and without Rangers and the reflected glory they bring to the social inadequates that make up the bulk of their support we would see scenes in Scotland similar to those of the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester a few years back"

Quite.

I read the first two words and then gave up I mean- LONDON,Scotland laugh.gif

Well you missed a good article. Also Rob Hughes is a Brit.

"Rob Hughes has written, broadcast and edited about sports for four decades. His columns in The International Herald Tribune since 1977 illuminate the global phenomenon of soccer for readers in 180 countries. He has reported on the World Cup since 1974 and the Olympic Games since 1988.

In his native England, he was chief sports writer for The Times of London for a decade and a writer for The Sunday Times and Sunday Times Magazine for more than 25 years."

Ever-decreasing circles after the SPL meeting last week, but...........

Do folks think the vote (or ballot) of the SFL Clubs will be a private/anonymous one? I was just thinking that with 30 instead of 12 they'll not all just be sitting round one boardroom table taking turns to say 'yeah' or 'nae'.

I suppose that unless the vote goes overwhelmingly one way or another, we'll never really find-out how the Clubs voted (e.g if 16-12, nobody would ever remember who exactly voted which way).

I know that after the event, how individual Clubs voted won't matter much in the big scheme of things, and I'm definitely not suggesting there should be witch-hunts against those who acquiesce to Regan/Doncaster/Longmuir.

I guess I'm just anticipating that I'll be nosey to learn exactly how the vote pans out (and probably to know if my own Chairman carries thru with the promise to vote against any proposal which is predicated on a Sevco parachute!).

Hopefully the pressure is kept up on these three as they really haven't come out of this well, and I would imagine a lot of fans don't have much confidence going forward with these guys in charge.

Whatever you think of the whole situation if Rangers don't get into the first all 3 must be considering their position but might be able to divert the pressure elsewhere.

Doncaster can say the SPL made its decision and he put forward the best case he could for Rangers in SFL 1 but ultimately the dcision was out of his hands.

Longmuir can run with the line that the SPL made an offer and he was compelled to listen and let his members speak.

Regan put his name solidly on this with his press briefing that Rangers can only play in Division 1. But would he be a great loss. He has overseen a referees strike, the Hugh Dallas saga, backing Levein and now this shambles along with the on going tribunal/court appeal/general f**k up of the discipline rules. His only success has been a partial implementation of the McLeish report (which was commissioned before he was appointed) and even then there are landmark parts of the report he has failed to put through. He is miles behind Doncaster in the public perception of where the blame lies so might be able to slink away quietly.