Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Even though in an ideal world, every club in the spl would be glad to see the back of rangers,

apart from Celtic obviously

in the short term I think some clubs might think they need rangers if their absence led to tv deals, sponsorship deals, etc getting ripped up. Some clubs may not have the short term finances to weather the storm of a rangersless league.

that would be Celtic again

Right here's what I think will happen (I'm by no means an expert so someone tell me if what I think is nonsense or not)...

rangers will get wound up with Whyte as the secured creditor getting almost all of the revenue. A phoenix club will get set up, probably "Glasgow rangers". Even though the former club would cease i think there would be a campaign to allow "new rangers" to take the league place of "old rangers".

Even though in an ideal world, every club in the spl would be glad to see the back of rangers, in the short term I think some clubs might think they need rangers if their absence led to tv deals, sponsorship deals, etc getting ripped up. Some clubs may not have the short term finances to weather the storm of a rangersless league.

So my question is: "would your team vote rangers in?" (not "would you want your team to vote rangers in?"). As far as I'm aware, it would require 11 votes in favour but I genuinely believe they'd have a good chance of getting the votes they'd need.

Having Rangers in the lower leagues might appeal to TV broadcasters, you never know, they might actually show a bit more then just the SPL.

Fcuk knows how St Mirren would vote - if the '10 team SPL' roundabout is anything to go by. We're up for sale - our BOD now has two new members who are actively involved in the 10000 hours community based takeover, and while all is currently quiet on that front - I genuinely believe both of those new directors would be very much against a new Rangers being slipped in the SPL back door.

Of the 'old guard' in the selling consortium? I genuinely don't know. In the past I would have thought Stewart Gilmour would probably have voted for new Rangers to be allowed back in - with Sky TV deals and visiting fan numbers over-ruling his heart.

Our BOD are rightly more concerned with the sale of St Mirren, and are currently a BOD undergoing change. The vote of our BOD on this could go either way.

Hearts

Dundee Utd

Celtic

Aberdeen would all vote no

the rest would vote yes.

Why would these 4 teams vote no, I'm interested to know?.

I would think Celtic would vote yes, due to missing out on all that TV money sponsorship and the rivalry. Celtic more than any other team would take a massive hit with income if the other arse cheek died. Less money to play with in buying players to compete in the Champions League qualifiers, it would be a downward spiral.

Is it just me that can't get their head around why Rangers would need to go into Admin now?

Because he thinks the league challenge is fecked. Therefore it does no harm to get the 10pts docked now and start the ball rolling. As for the income coming in? No doubt jiggled to a different bucket than the main Rangers operating account

<br />apart from Celtic obviously<br /><br /><br /><br />that would be Celtic again<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It goes without saying that Celtic would be financially stronger with rangers, but even if it meant short term downsizing, I'm certain rangers' demise would not threaten the very existence of Celtic.

After a transitional period of no rangers, Celtic would find themselves in much more competitive league. If league expansion was also brought in, teams would only have two games against a team with vastly superior resources rather than the 9-12 that they currently have.

Other sides could genuinely compete for the title whereas, at the moment, only two teams have any chance of winning the spl.

<br /><br /><br />

It goes without saying that Celtic would be financially stronger weaker with rangers,

Fixed it for you

but even if it meant short term downsizing, I'm certain rangers' demise would not threaten the very existence of Celtic.

I don't think anyone is saying it would. Queens Park are still in existence.

After a transitional period of no rangers, Celtic would find themselves in much more competitive league. If league expansion was also brought in, teams would only have two games against a team with vastly superior resources rather than the 9-12 that they currently have.

Other sides could genuinely compete for the title whereas, at the moment, only two teams have any chance of winning the spl.

It would only be competitive if Celtic's average home gates dwindled to around the 10,000 mark.

Hearts

Dundee Utd

Celtic

Aberdeen would all vote no

the rest would vote yes.

Celtic would be the first to vote yes.

The only ones would vote no, are the teams who dont need the Rangers away support. Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Not sure about Dundee utd?

No, it's an attitude of "I'd rather re-shape Scottish football without Rangers than have to f**k it up for four years in order that we can go back to everything being just as it was before"

This is going to drag on and on and on for several months. Once the gloating's stopped, and it will get boring after a while, I hope people can knock their heads together and work out how to progress our game without Rangers. My ideal scenario would be that Rangers simply disappear and are replaced in the Third Division by Spartans (or Cove, if folk are so attached to the name Rangers). Rangers (and Celtic), to be fair, have systematically organised Scottish footbal in their own narrow self-interest for the last two decades and more (Rangers called for small clubs to be stripped of voting rights in the early 80s because it was, well, too inconvenient for them). That was a straw in the wind for the whole disastrous SPL formation just over a decade later, and a situation where the top league in Scotland has gone from being quite respected to being, basically, a joke everywhere else.

Now that's not all the OF's fault- far from it- but the driver of the game towards this faecal plateau of tedium at present has been their self-interest. This is a pretty unique opportunity to break it up for good.

I know. I'd have a better chance of calling for the re-formation of the Habsburg Empire. But still. It's nice to dream and maybe good things will come out of it if Whyte gets tangled up in his own complicated ball of tax wool, or preferably is strung up from a lamp-post, on live TV, by an angry mob in Govan.

I agree with all that you say....with one exception.

I'd have you shot for suggesting that Spartans are permitted to join the party.

Celtic would be the first to vote yes.

The only ones would vote no, are the teams who dont need the Rangers away support. Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs. Not sure about Dundee utd?

:lol: Do me a favour.

I would like to know what the situation will be at the if the outcome of the £75m tax case goes against Rangers (whether during or if they come out of administration) and

During administration - add it to the pile, call it in and hope for a decent settlement from a CVA if the new buyer wants to maintain the name.

Out of administration - not gonna happen, not as the current club. (liquidation)

Whyte/The Club are positioned to let the club, as it is, liquidate, sell the assets to a willing buyer and leave town.

what Whyte/the club would have to do to rectify this?

Have a reversal of thought - they have NO INTENTION of rectifying this.

Any HMRC statement on the subject would be appreciated.

Don't hold your breath......

What this has highlighted due to the profile of the case is how often organisations get away with duping the public purse out of billions of pounds - the owners of said companies are still driving about in Bentley's and mugs like us have to attempt to make up the shortfall. I have the same pit of the stomach sick feeling about this as I did with the banks.

I feel it's time for a law change.....

Indeed. However the current Government are too cosy with big business to be arsed with that type of thing.... where will their free directorships and freebies come from if they do what should be done ? rolleyes.gif

Edited by GreenockRover

Because he thinks the league challenge is fecked. Therefore it does no harm to get the 10pts docked now and start the ball rolling. As for the income coming in? No doubt jiggled to a different bucket than the main Rangers operating account

Or more likely, the peak of the monies coming in is happily waiting there for him to lay claim to as main creditor, then f**k the rest and bye-bye Rangers?