Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The 'Newco to SFL1' was was all about saving the collective arses of the SPL sides, who had made a terrible series of commercial decisions.

Really? The same SPL sides that had just thrown Rangers out?

The only collective arses that were attempting to be saved by Newco to Division 1 were those of Cockwomble, Renegan and the collective arseholes of Scottish sports journalism, and it failed. If they are still employed by this coming Friday it will be a miracle.

I notice the Daily Dreadnought has already replaced Klaus Nomi lookalike Roddy Forsyth for covering the Rangers saga as they've finally realised he was writing complete pish for them.

Thanks for clearing that up, HJ. So having purchased Rangers' assets, do Sevco Scotland Ltd. automatically also assume their financial responsibilities?

A bit like a restaurant crook who hastily sells someone their premises with £20k of debt left attached to it.

Was it Rod Stewart stealing people's tables that caused the debt?

But, but, they've been punished enough, dontcha know. Will this bloodletting never end?

^^^^^ this

Sevco being allowed to play in Division 3 isn't punishment - indeed, its doing them a favour.

Rangers fans keep stating that the club continues. In that case they must take all punishments they are still due..... starting with a year's suspension from the SFA for using VAT and PAYE to sign players.

Can you explain in simple terms why it is unimportant to know the chairmen / teams who decided to vote against sporting integrity? These people have shown absolute disrespect to their own customers and have thumbed their nose at the 'tartan summer' zeitgeist.

Sevco to SFL3 is unsatisfactory but it is realpolitik. While they might be a bit of a mess off-field, it is likely to resolve - someone will buy Green out now they're worth little and have dodged the debt - and they have massive potential to be successful again. Their absolute loss would have gone against common sense far more than what the combined chief executives wished for...

However, Sevco to SFL1 shits all over the history of our national game as it effectively says: "go bust? expect only a demotion - provided you are one of the two most successful clubs in Scottish football history". Sevco had acquired the assets, something iirc Airdrie United had not done when they unsuccessfully applied to replace Airdrieonians. A newco with assets should go in at the bottom. Only SELF INTERESTED GREED would vote against sporting integrity for money.

So I ask again: can you explain in simple terms why it is unimportant to know the chairmen / teams who decided to vote against sporting integrity?

Have to agree. This `let`s form a lynch mob` theme is more than a bit tiresome (and I`m not just saying that because Thistle are no longer suspect).

It`s the teams we support not the Chairmen or boards. Most of our clubs are well over a hundred years old and have had countless numbers of board members over the course of their histories. Some good, some bad, some idiotic but they`ve all come and gone. When you think of the great times and disasters you don`t try to recall who the board members were on that day, you think of your players, your mates, the pubs, the celebrations, the greetin...........but never the Chairman.

Anyway, I don`t care who voted for who. I am impressed by Clyde and Raith simply because they`ve been the most eloquent but to think any less of Hamilton or QOS or whosoever as football teams because their Chairman made an impossible decision is madness and is totally unworthy of the consensus achieved by the diddy teams.

It demeans each and every one of us.

We diddies took on the establishment and they`re media and won. The supporters of all diddy team`s deserve to share the credit and enjoy the celebrations.

^^^^^ this

Sevco being allowed to play in Division 3 isn't punishment - indeed, its doing them a favour.

Rangers fans keep stating that the club continues. In that case they must take all punishments they are still due..... starting with a year's suspension from the SFA for using VAT and PAYE to sign players.

Followed by permanent expulsion for the illegal registration/payment of players.

Thanks for clearing that up, HJ. So having purchased Rangers' assets, do Sevco Scotland Ltd. automatically also assume their financial responsibilities?

No, it's like a local baker folding, and me buying much of his equipment/premises to equip my own bakery.

(And retaining some of his staff).

In this case Green's also trying to acquire his membership of the Scottish Bakers Association.

Sevco Scotland Ltd isn't in administration. If they want to obtain SFA membership by transferring The Rangers FC plc (IA)'s membership, they may be required to assume responsibility of football debt, liability for punishments, prior sanctions, etc.

Indeed!

why would you buy shares in a company soon to be liquidated blink.gif

Precisely!

How ragin will he be next season when the likes of Queen's Park give them a spanking

I think the Samaritan's Hotline may be overheating very soon. Pharmaceutical companies will be getting a massive boost in sales of anti-depressants and anti-psychotic medication - I recommend that everyone invests their savings in stocks/shares in pharmaceutical companies. wink.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

No, it's like a local baker folding, and me buying much of his equipment/premises to equip my own bakery.

In this case Green's also trying to acquire his membership of the Scottish Bakers Association.

Don't forget that Mr Green's new bakery are also trying to claim that they've won "best pie in the city" 54 times.

How ragin will he be next season when the likes of Queen's Park give them a spanking

The new big game in Scottish fitbaw !

The battle of the 50,000 seater stadiums in the 3rd division :D I wonder how many bottom leagues in the world can boast that :lol:

The new big game in Scottish fitbaw !

The battle of the 50,000 seater stadiums in the 3rd division :D I wonder how many bottom leagues in the world can boast that :lol:

Well they do love going on about the " 5 star stadium" big hoose.

Now they don't even have the biggest or best stadium in the league :D

^^^^^ this

Well said Captain, and all those who voted for them to be accepted into division three before allowing applicants from other leagues should be boycotted.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Sevco-Foods-Ltd/Po+Box+8664+Station+Main+CA/

onto something wink.gif

Don't forget that Mr Green's new bakery are also trying to claim that they've won "best pie in the city" 54 times.

Mr Green probably does not have enough staff to run a bakery effectively, there is a question mark over his premises, and there's not enough money in the till.

I can see him selling out to Mr Brown the Bomber butcher.