Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why going by the Mirren lots posts, thats this thread dry.gif

Just goes to show how naive I am, I was at that game and until now was not aware there was a problem. Mibbe he did something in the game that tipped a few guys over the edge, but that's to our eternal shame. However I will say that we have very much less of a preducial history tham a couple of others, and I hope that nothing like it ever happens again, and, NO, I'm not condoning racism. He was never the "cleanest" of tacklers (see The Tacklers' Guide by T. Forsyth) and did seem to take some inspiration from his mate, Frank Rikjaard ( remember him n Rudi Voller?) Dirty bast$ard.

Could the Celtic and "Rangers" fans who wish to spout petty minded sectarian bile please go to their dedicated hate thread, which we all know was set up so none of the rest of us had to see what was in it.

If you judge someone by their religion then you are a neanderthal. The poison of sectarianism is a good reason why losing half of the Old Firm would have been 50% of the way to a better Scotland.

Racist! :D

Oh it gets worse, much worse.

bwDTi.png

Had a wee look on a blue site (VGB) last night and they asked me if I'd be willing to take part in an armed defence of the realm during the registration process. Pure mental, byraway.

Just goes to show how naive I am, I was at that game and until now was not aware there was a problem. Mibbe he did something in the game that tipped a few guys over the edge, but that's to our eternal shame. However I will say that we have very much less of a preducial history tham a couple of others, and I hope that nothing like it ever happens again, and, NO, I'm not condoning racism. He was never the "cleanest" of tacklers (see The Tacklers' Guide by T. Forsyth) and did seem to take some inspiration from his mate, Frank Rikjaard ( remember him n Rudi Voller?) Dirty bast$ard.

Oh he was a hard bugger from an early age. It wasn't 'widely' reported at the time, as incidents of that nature weren't. Here is his view......

In the Jordaan district of Amsterdam where I was brought up, race and colour were not issues. It was some time after I began my career in football that I experienced my first racist incident.

It was on September 14 1983, to be precise. It was my first European match, a UEFA Cup tie for Feyenoord at St Mirren in Scotland.

That was the first time I had ever been to Scotland and I had been looking forward to it very much. But from the first moment I set foot on the pitch, it was so strange. The fans were yelling all sorts of names at me.

When I was warming up, they were hurling abuse at me, too. I wasn't all that far from home, yet it was as if I had been transported to a different world.

I was the only black player in the Feyenoord team, so clearly I stood out. Perhaps I was one of the first black players ever to play for a European team on Scottish turf.

The abuse certainly affected me, but I managed to be positive. I had a good match and scored the only goal. A very good goal at that, as I recall. I thought that was a fitting response to the racists in the crowd.

As always, the taunting was the work of a minority, and I should add that afterwards the St Mirren coach and chairman were both very embarrassed and apologetic.

I came through that experience with my dignity intact, and we beat them 2-0 in the return leg back home.

From that moment, I have seen racial abuse from a different perspective. I haven't felt insulted. I have felt sorry for those who have needed to say such things.

Edited by wunfellaff

I wonder how many of the Rangers fans who have idolised, displayed, worn or flew the Union Flag / Union Jack actually know where they really originate from?

This isn't Buckingham Palace, A greeny for the first person to correctly name that Courtyard::

vatican1.jpg

I'm guessing its Rome. No idea what the place is called though.

It isn't difficult to picture tons of Valentine's cards saying R.I.P. RFC, GIRFUY inside them, being delivered all around the world in 2013. wink.gif

Aye but think of all the wives of Celtic fans who are going to be mighty confused a getting "Happy Anniversary" cards on Valentines day. :D

Had a wee look on a blue site (VGB) last night and they asked me if I'd be willing to take part in an armed defence of the realm during the registration process. Pure mental, byraway.

The main problem with questions such as that one is that the type of individuals who ask such questions are usually the last persons that would put themselves on the front line. wink.gif ...they like to think that they are fooling everyone with their empty weasel words. If push came to shove the vast majority of them would hide themselves away in the nearest cupboard or under the bed at the first sign of real danger. They fool nobody other than themselves and their weasel associates.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Did they wear glasses?

Apparently short-sighted with less peripheral vision due to heavy brow ridges, but you are thinking of speckist, which is unjustifiable prejudice against four-eyed gits. As a guy who is vertically challenged, I too suffer from prejudice - appartheight.

I'm guessing its Rome. No idea what the place is called though.

It is actually The Vatican Courtyard believe it or not, and without the Vatican itself there would be no St Andrew Cross, St George Cross, St Patrick Cross ... in other words no Union Flag / Union Jack Flag. Ironic!? biggrin.gif

500px-Union_Flag_Component_Flags2.PNG

Clockwise from top-left: St. Andrew's Cross (Scotland), St. George's Cross (England), St. Patrick's Cross (Ireland), Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and (Northern) Ireland (after 1801), English-version Flag of Great Britain (1707-1801), unofficial Scottish version of the Flag of Great Britain (1707-1801).

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Apparently short-sighted with less peripheral vision due to heavy brow ridges, but you are thinking of speckist, which is unjustifiable prejudice against four-eyed gits. As a guy who is vertically challenged, I too suffer from prejudice - appartheight.

As a short-sighted short-arse, I resemble that remark!

It is actually The Vatican Courtyard believe it or not, and without the Vatican itself there would be no St Andrew Cross, St George Cross, St Patrick Cross ... in other words no Union Flag / Union Jack Flag. Ironic!? biggrin.gif

Next time we will need to use a special sarcasm font so some people do not embarrass themselves by posting like this.

It is actually The Vatican Courtyard believe it or not, and without the Vatican itself there would be no St Andrew Flag, St George Flag, etc ... in other words no Union Flag / Union Jack Flag. Ironic!? biggrin.gif

Given the weather in that part of Italy (technically not Rome, but a non-democratic sovereign state, where strangely the vast majority of voters in the elections for the head of state are non-residents) there's loads of space for a bit of decking and an olympic-sized hot tub.

This would be deliciously ironic if true. Although I cannot seem to find any solid evidence online. Do you have some links?

The history of the flag mentions nothing about the vatican. It seems unlikely that a very protestant nation would use it in 1606.