Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Eh,'yeah I do?..that's why I said may :blink:

You could have the situation of the blue knights winning duff and phelps approval only to see the SFA say ,,,sorry Mr Murray you're an unfit person...then what?

There's a clue in the word "consortium". :)

But, as I've said, I think it's highly unlikely to happen anyway.

Is there a predictions list to guess what ridiculous twist this entertaining story takes next?

My guess is that Ffud & Phelt go into a dreadful funk and declare it's all too much for them, asking HMRC to appoint their own administrator. They'll hand over their scribble pads with all the relevant doodles. Not having been (officially) paid yet, Fuzzy Phelt will also becomes creditors and put together their own bid to buy the club in an attempt to get something back for the wasted time. They steal a Rangers pen on their way out but nobody sees this. To differentiate their bid, they'll use paper clips (taken from the Rangers stationery cupboard - you couldn't make this up!!), as the value of metal is rising all the time. This only serves to get David Murray interested and it all ends in the various bidders competing in a half time penalty shoot out against each other (probably at the Cup Final but don't quote me on that), with Sepp Blatter making an impartial judgement based on the quality of the kicking and possibly on the amount of cash deposited in his offshore account but maybe not. Sky are interested in the penalty shoot out, as is Simon Cowell. Chick Young exclusively offers to hold David Murray's ball for him. Craig Whyte, it transpires, never existed and was simply a hologram to scare off busy bodies and do-gooders. Channel 4's documentary about all the above is mysteriously pulled at the last minute and replaced by a searing, diversionary insight into why lack of investment by lower league clubs is killing Scotland's chances of winning the World Cup.

I'm not fully conversant with Scots Law so not all of the above could happen in reality, or could it? Maybe the legal experts out there could tweak the finer details.

Entirely plausible. My guess is that the result of the BTC goes against Rangers, they are found guilty of illegal EBTs and double contracts, hit with multiple charges of bringing the game into disrepute, and their whole world implodes. Every tuppeny ha'penny 'bidder' runs for the hills - except for Ticketus, who offer Haudit and Daudit a way out, in return for the next 1,000 years of Rangers season ticket sales. Haudit and Daudit sit in a deserted Ibrox considering Ticketus' offer, before loading their weapons, and bursting out of the Ibrox main entrance in slow motion, just like the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

The End.

Entirely plausible. My guess is that the result of the BTC goes against Rangers, they are found guilty of illegal EBTs and double contracts, hit with multiple charges of bringing the game into disrepute, and their whole world implodes. Every tuppeny ha'penny 'bidder' runs for the hills - except for Ticketus, who offer Haudit and Daudit a way out, in return for the next 1,000 years of Rangers season ticket sales. Haudit and Daudit sit in a deserted Ibrox considering Ticketus' offer, before loading their weapons, and bursting out of the Ibrox main entrance in slow motion, just like the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

The End.

Does this reference to slow motion mean they'll be making a movie of it ?

Does this reference to slow motion mean they'll be making a movie of it ?

What with it being 100 years since the Titanic disaster that was made into such a successful (if aesthetically worthless) movie, something with a similar theme would be good.

So what was all that stuff about all the bids has to be in 2 Fridays ago, we've had another since then?

I also read that H&D had to look through the bids to decide the "genuine" contenders, imagine being told your bid wasn't up to it from that dynamic duo.

Game gone into admin today...oddly their adminsitrators have not chosen to negotiate with any employess, they have instantly shut half the stores. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17512143

RE rfc current situation, im amazed that anyone has any credence in the paul murray bid when he as much as admitted that there is no money to back it for a purchase or to operate the club ( clue is when he talks about fans involvement and it being a 2 phase operation one the actuall purchase and then raising funds after this )..pure fantasy even without the btc. There is £9 million in ths years unpaid tax ( maybe more now ?? ) and the club would have no season ticket revenue for at least 4 years.....not to mention what other debt may lie out there. he ( and presumably all other 'bidders)' are just hoping that a cva will be agreed...and not seen anything yet to suggest hmrc will agree to that....plus how would they pay for a cva and still operate when they have no revenue fro tickets??? i still think the only realistic solution is liquidation and i dont see a newco being a runner financially...i admit though i am in an optimistic mood after gorging on vitamin d due to the good weather lol

Game gone into admin today...oddly their adminsitrators have not chosen to negotiate with any employess, they have instantly shut half the stores. http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-17512143

Was just going to post this. No messing with those guys. Admin announced at 11 a.m. and "You're shut" by 4.30. No discussions, no offers of 75% wage cuts, nothing! Maybe Duff and Fudd could take a few lessons from PWC ( The Administrators for Game)

Game gone into admin today...oddly their adminsitrators have not chosen to negotiate with any employess, they have instantly shut half the stores. http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-17512143

Game are not an institution, they were not needed by Gamestation or CHIPS, and they were not a big hoose, therefore had no need to stay open.

Hope that clears it up for you!

Game gone into admin today...oddly their adminsitrators have not chosen to negotiate with any employess, they have instantly shut half the stores. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17512143

I heard they sent a wee round man in to chase the employees round the shop and eat any he caught.

Even though the rules state and director of a club upto 5 years previous of going insolvent may be deemed unfit, not to mention King ?

Looks like rangers could be jumping out of the frying pan.......

Difficult to keep up with who is in and who is out. King was lurking around the Blue Knights although saying he would not be a director due to being unfit and improper to be involved in running a football club.

I would be concerned he doesn't act as a shadow director. Summary here http://www.brefigroup.co.uk/directors/what-is-a-shadow-director.html

Is he the sort of guy who chucks a few million at a new company and hopes it turns out ok? I would guess not!

Did not expect Paul Murray's posturing alongside Ticketus to break up quite so soon. They clearly have two completely different objectives regarding the ticket deal, but I at least thought Rangers' next Walter Mitty would continue to promise all things to all men (well, except us popcorn-munching vultures).

No doubt he has his excuses already sent to the Record once his grand plan collapses.

Was just going to post this. No messing with those guys. Admin announced at 11 a.m. and "You're shut" by 4.30. No discussions, no offers of 75% wage cuts, nothing! Maybe Duff and Fudd could take a few lessons from PWC ( The Administrators for Game)

Duff and Duffer have probably never had a bigger pay day than now.remember of course the only people guaranteed full payment in admin are the administrators!And the longer it goes on the better for them.Does anyone expect that none of the bidders will be regarded as "serious" potential bidders?ALso admin had to pay costs of the court case v ticketus last week. I guess a court hearing lasting 1 week involving QCs isnt cheap?Hopefully they will still be in admin at start of season if they are still in existence.I do think a Glasgow league with their cousins is best place for them!

We know that the Gers hadn't paid tax since Whyte took over. Will the adminstrators now be paying tax on all wages, or is the bill just getting bigger. Haven't heard it mentioned anywhere.

Can Haudit & Daudit get away with increasing the overall debt?

With the 'Game' chain of stores administration being 'Wham bam, thank you and goodnight' - it once more highlights one thing. No, hold on, in Rangers case it highlights two things. One, when a 'normal' business encounters a shit/fan interface situation, there's no fcuking around like there is when its' a football club. Two, Haudit and Daudit are clearly no 'normal' administrators. Whyte raced to have these stooges appointed. They are merely two cogs in his wheel, with a brief to string this pantomime out as long as possible, before the (big) house of cards crashes down. Now, this is purely my personal take on it. When Rangers finally implode, whoever attempts to pick up the pieces - bet your bottom dollar it won't be Whyte, Haudit & Daudit. They'll slink off into the sunset with a tidy wedge in their back pockets, never to be seen again. When Whyte asset-strips companies, does he notch them up on his bed-post? I can just imagine him meeting Haudit & Daudit in a Knightsbridge wine bar, raising a glass of champers' and saying 'A toast. To a job well done.'

Call me cynical.

What with it being 100 years since the Titanic disaster that was made into such a successful (if aesthetically worthless) movie, something with a similar theme would be good.

This guy is a shoe in to play Craig Whyte !biggrin.gif

post-26673-0-36601700-1332831921_thumb.j

Did I hear properly yesterday or was Ally asked if Rangers would be out of administration this week?

I dare say he would have been as Rangers would need to be out of Administration by 31st of March to be allowed to compete in Europe next season.........

Our Survey Said: no chance !

With the 'Game' chain of stores administration being 'Wham bam, thank you and goodnight' - it once more highlights one thing. No, hold on, in Rangers case it highlights two things. One, when a 'normal' business encounters a shit/fan interface situation, there's no fcuking around like there is when its' a football club. Two, Haudit and Daudit are clearly no 'normal' administrators. Whyte raced to have these stooges appointed. They are merely two cogs in his wheel, with a brief to string this pantomime out as long as possible, before the (big) house of cards crashes down. Now, this is purely my personal take on it. When Rangers finally implode, whoever attempts to pick up the pieces - bet your bottom dollar it won't be Whyte, Haudit & Daudit. They'll slink off into the sunset with a tidy wedge in their back pockets, never to be seen again. When Whyte asset-strips companies, does he notch them up on his bed-post? I can just imagine him meeting Haudit & Daudit in a Knightsbridge wine bar, raising a glass of champers' and saying 'A toast. To a job well done.'

Call me cynical.

Morning Cynical,

Yes.....I kind of see it a bit like that too.