Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Suspect it will be no relegation this year, with Ross County promoted.

Then no relegation next year with the phoenix and Div 1 champions coming in.

Would this not require the SFL to play with an odd number of teams then so that there was a space for the phoenix club? Can't see that happening. If Rangers are liquidated then someone, either the phoenix club or a Spartans, Cove etc will step straight in IMO

Would this not require the SFL to play with an odd number of teams then so that there was a space for the phoenix club? Can't see that happening. If Rangers are liquidated then someone, either the phoenix club or a Spartans, Cove etc will step straight in IMO

Yes - if Rangers are liquidated then any newco will need to be treated as a continuity of the old club if they are to be in the SPL. The SPL and the SFL can't reserve a space for them for a year!

Whyte didn't fulfill the conditions of his purchase agreement, such as investing 5 million per year.

I thought I heard an interview on radio recently (God knows where it was now) where someone said the £5 million was spent. Only it was £3.6 million in pay raises to current players and £1.4 million towards something else, infrastructure or some other pi$h.

see also Tom English's "The Old Firm are a special case, get over it" line on the radio at the weekend.

Still no sign of Traynor anywhere. I suspect he's sitting, unshaven, in a cheap B & B somewhere like Morecambe, slowly working his way through a litre of Johnnie Walker, and toying with the butt of a pearl-handed revolver.

if that was the case I'd be whispering through the letterbox "do it Jim, do it !" pretending to be one of the voices in his head ! biggrin.gif

then I'd just need to find out where Chick Young stays ! ph34r.gif

Edited by sjc

Add the SFL to that too. Any form of pandering to them and giving them special treatment that any other club would not recieve in the same circumstance and I am finished with Scottish Football.

There really would be no point!

You can add my name to the list.

Trouble is, the press are that thick they would probably put the catastophic fall in attendances down to the economic situation.

You can add my name to the list.

Trouble is, the press are that thick they would probably put the catastophic fall in attendances down to the economic situation.

or just "further proof that the Old Firm need to leave for the EPL" ! rolleyes.gif

Exactly. Crowd levels will be due to the poor standard of football, as opposed to the fact that Rangers are cheating barstewards

I don't necessarily agree with that. we are already seeing reduced attendances due to the apathy because we have an uncompetetive league.............by allowing Rangers newco to just jump straight back into the SPL and/or break the rules and go unpunished the attendances will drop further due to the league being a sham.

I don't necessarily agree with that. we are already seeing reduced attendances due to the apathy because we have an uncompetetive league.............by allowing Rangers newco to just jump straight back into the SPL and/or break the rules and go unpunished the attendances will drop further due to the league being a sham.

That was my point - it will be reported as being the standard of football, or the recession, or the amount of football on tv, while the main reason will be covered up by the media

I don't think we really know what would happen crowd-wise if Newco Rangers get sprung-in one way or another. Plenty people on P&B say they'll abandon their club and the game... perhaps totally, perhaps going to non-league football... but that's maybe easier to say than it will be to do in reality. Their club's an emotional attachment.

Your typical P&Ber might also be more "militant 'n motivated" than your average fan in general.

Certainly, I think a "catastrophic" fall is unlikely.

Whyte didn't fulfill the conditions of his purchase agreement, such as investing 5 million per year, and probably broke the Financial Assistance rules in buying the shares, so Duffman will be thinking the deal is null and void.

As the Freehold (if that's the word) for the Waverley site was worth 1p a year, Edinburgh are getting a good deal if Murray is paying 40p up front..

Could be right but I haven't seen the 'conditions' of his purchase of the shares. Even if it does exist, it is a bit like me buying a pound of mince at Asda (or a Lafferty as it is known in these parts), walking out of the store when an Asda person says you can't have that because you beat your wife (or any other offence). Too late mate. Take me to court of you want but I'm hanging onto my mince.

Think if Duffman thought there was any substance in his argument, he would have been through the High Court already. After all Whyte's ownership is a bigger deterrent to would be purchasers than the Ticketus 'deal'.

Could be right but I haven't seen the 'conditions' of his purchase of the shares. Even if it does exist, it is a bit like me buying a pound of mince at Asda (or a Lafferty as it is known in these parts), walking out of the store when an Asda person says you can't have that because you beat your wife (or any other offence). Too late mate. Take me to court of you want but I'm hanging onto my mince.

Think if Duffman thought there was any substance in his argument, he would have been through the High Court already. After all Whyte's ownership is a bigger deterrent to would be purchasers than the Ticketus 'deal'.

I have said this on a number of occasions. Time will be a key factor for Haudit & Daudit when an actual sale looks like materialising. Anyone who can slow the process down through court action, or threatened court action, has a powerful weapon at their disposal. If a sale rather than a liquidation looks possible someone will have to pay Whyte off - that's what he's been looking for all along.

That was my point - it will be reported as being the standard of football, or the recession, or the amount of football on tv, while the main reason will be covered up by the media

apologies for not picking up on that........am at work so not giving P&B my full attention ! wink.gif

see also Tom English's "The Old Firm are a special case, get over it" line on the radio at the weekend.

Still no sign of Traynor anywhere. I suspect he's sitting, unshaven, in a cheap B & B somewhere like Morecambe, slowly working his way through a litre of Johnnie Walker, and toying with the butt of a young fresh faced Airdrie supporter.

fixed that for you ;)