Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tedi,

I'm not discussing it, I don't want to. I want to know why you would call people who continually discuss it, pedants.

How quickly time flies. The beginning of July you joined?

Hard to believe you've averaged more than 20 posts a day!

End of July actually, Dave. I'll give you pedantry!laugh.gif

It's a good thing he's not obsessed.....

I do not recall Green saying 'we have a war chest with tens of millions'

There is no doubt green would have had to sell a few players to stabilize the books, we would have however have competed with Celtic, Rangers are still a big club with arguably the biggest support in Scotland

There is no evidence to support you ticketus claim

CVA would have always been the preferred route for Green

Hmmmmm ! then why offer a pissy amount of a CVA (pennies in the pound) which was never ever under the circumstances at the time going to be accepted ?.

Green knew the club was heading for liquidation no matter what back in May & June and made sure that he was going to be the only buyer of the assets of the club when the CVA would certainly and most definitely fail and liquidation was a sure certainty if no one paid the debts in full.

Green failed to see that the diddy fans revolt would hinder an immediate shoe in to the SPL for the newco and worse still the SFL voted against the newco a shoe in to the SFL 1st division.

Green must have been so certain that his new club would be playing in the SPL next season only because of the size of the club and it's support,he gambled that his newco would start life in the top tier and it backfired then he had to go to plan whitever.

Give his due tho, he's doing we'll to dodge it, WRK.

It's just more ammo for us, the silly lad.

Come on, Dave, we're supposed to be playing nicely and on topic now and not mocking the afflicted. Trying, anyway....

Did I not see Tedi mention once he'd been following rangers for thirty years or something like that before they died? That means he's a grown man, ffs. No chance of blaming the modern educational system. blink.gif

Of course he did, it was 100% nailed on that Rangers were going to lose the BTC

Never mind win or lose, D&P declared the amount in the CVA document. Apparently they had to, as it was worst case. While that wouldn't have been an issue had Murray and Whyte's regimes not dragged their feet, I believe it's been reported that HMRC would still have had enough of the debt to block a CVA, which I think we all know they would have done - that's always been their MO in cases where the debt is down to wrongdoing, as Whyte's non-payment was.

I agree mon the lichties, Arbroath are my big team now, but why does the town have so many people with the surname of Swankie :blink:

Because Gav is a legend and people want to be like him....... give it a while and there'll be loads of Sheerins, Falkingham's and Doris' ;)

Or is that Dori?

Aye... Anyway. Actual answer - genealogy isn't my strong point but I believe its for the same reason there's lots of Spinks and Cargills - prosperous fishing families that married and bred lots.

Of course he did, it was 100% nailed on that Rangers were going to lose the BTC

I'm not picking on you here BUT ! If he knew that the CVA would fail most definitely then why post that you thought he wanted a successful CVA if liquidation at the time was the only option :blink:

Youc really should. Its hilarious. Its where Jabba gets his facts and exclusives from.

On orc talk media they are already complaining about next years season tickets getting hiked up by 20% :lol: I fear that the hypnotic grip of the master puppeteer is dwindling and if Green puts up the season tickets prices but can't buy players till Jan 2014.

Green probably feels he has the fans loyalty to the new club now because he had to slash season ticket prices to lure the fans to Ibrox and took a loss on revenue to get them in.

The novelty of playing in the lower leagues may be waning if Green puts up prices just to watch SFL opposition and looks like there will be fans protesting about it.

ST's going up

Charlie has always been about his golden pay day

Given all the facts of course he would take the CVA, it would be much easier to make money from a Rangers playing in the top flight with European Football on the horizon

How the hell did an English guy from yorkshire know what would happen to the Rangers support if we were playing in the 3rd, did you read the predictions on this forum? liquidation 2 before Christmas ect ect

SPL was a sure thing for him the alternative was always going to be more risky, however he must have know from the start that the newco route was the most likely route, this does not mean he would not have taken the CVA

I believe that if the BTC result had been announced in May then the CVA would have been successful but then Green would not have been the buyer

I'm sorry but did my previous post go right over your head ? Charlie knew the club was always going to be liquidated at the time he got involved.A CVA was never ever going to be successful or accepted as things stood at the time as the HMRC was regarded as the biggest creditor blocking it.

It is my opinion that he thought he was buying a golden egg and he deffo had his sights on SPL football this season because most of the squad may have tuped over because here was SPL footy.This because the MSM then almost guaranteed us that the new Rangers would be shoed into the SPL because it always was the SPL's intentions.But the diddies revolt threatening their clubs by not buying season tickets that eventually led to your team gaining entry in the 3rd division after the SPL clubs voted against an immediate shoe in ! REMEMBER THAT ?.

Green was always after the corpse of the dead club and dress it up as a clone outfit.

I understood your last post perfectly, I just dont agree with you, if this translates to you as "going right over my head" then so be it, think what you want

It is my opinion that Charlie would have taken the CVA because that would have would have been his route to his payday quicker

Fair enough Tedi your entitled to your opinion but you just dismissed important facts that were self evident showing that Green was only ever after the assets and forming a newco out of them.

In light of Mr Green's statements about the CVA I have one question that I would like answered with a straight answer, no biased fluff or sniping or dodging. Has the taxman ever agreed to a CVA and what sort of percentage was it?

The HMRC have struck deals with large worldwide multi corporations on tax at the request of government intervention on most occasions and was never called a CVA but a deal was struck.

But they won't do CVA deals with single entity businesses as they don't have any leverage in negotiations and aren't that much of a loss as there is competition in the market to fill the void.

Dont get me wrong I think Green may have been dishonest about something much bigger, time will tell but on this I genuinely believe he would have preferred the CVA to go ahead and is showing frustration that HMRC`s decision to reject the CVA was based on the fact they believed Rangers to be guilty

Perhaps he is being economical with the truth, his statement should have read 'I wish all parties had acted with more urgency'

Rangers were guiltysmile.gif