Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Here's hoping the diddies think it's our fault when the rest of Scottish fitba is left battling one another for leftovers when we inevitably waltz.

You have no idea how happy I will be.

smile.gif

you have no idea how happy we will be either ;). in fact why wait? why not just piss off now? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the powers that be that run the SPL won't be there for long. And let's be fair any new sort of league there will be will involve Rangers SKY will make sure of it.

Not so sure about that. The way the SPL plans are laid out, if we gain promotion from the bottom tier then next season we'll still be in the bottom tier.

Quite crafty really and something we should remember.

How much did the fans raise? How long did it take them to raise it? What time of the year was it?

If you really want to know the answer to those questions you will do the research required to find the answers. Nobody here is going to waste their time providing you with answers to off-topic questions about a club well beyond the league of the new club that is being discussed on this thread. Especially when you are only posting pish back in return rather than a thanks.

Not so sure about that. The way the SPL plans are laid out, if we gain promotion from the bottom tier then next season we'll still be in the bottom tier.

Quite crafty really and something we should remember.

Yes, never forget that you support a bottom tier league team.

I doubt you'll get very many under McCoist. he has the same mindset as Walter Smith when it comes to young players, not really that interested.

Rangers should be walking the 3rd & 2nd Div as they are only part time leagues. no need to spent money on guys like Kevin Kyle, when you could have bought a Rory McAllister type player for peanuts that would easily bang in 20/30 goals a season

I agree with you on the part about Kyle and McAllister as well as that i think you'll see Rangers start to open up a significant gap after the turn of the year,a 10-12 point gap at the end of the season between Rangers and the second place team,whoever that may be. However you still have to remind yourself that players like Aird and MacLeod are only young players who have to be given time to develop and adapt,no matter what league they're playing in.

I think you'll find under Green,McCoist will have to pay more attention to young players developing from within the club,as well as bringing in young players with ability and potential for a future sell on value. Make no mistake,this £10 million isn't just there for next season,it's there for the next couple of seasons at least,to supplement the squad as and when needed but the days of the big spending are gone,McCoist will be told that and he will have to adapt and be a success or he will be moved on.

Not really, Rory McAllister is a proven goal scorer at that level! He could have been your Kenny Deuchar in the lower leagues, scoring a barrel load while costing pennies

Well it was when signing Ian Black :P

I didn't see the point in Rangers signing any foreigners, when they could have built a very strong scottish based squad.

First of all we never knew what league if any that we'd be in and had only a fraction of the window to sign players (remembering our scouting system was in pieces) so we went with some SPL standard players that we knew and some cheap foriegners (always a gamble). Time was short and we went with what we knew, a team of kids would be eaten alive down here.

If we can get a couple of free transfers in once the ban ends in september then that should be enough to bolster the squad and keep the mixture between them and young Scottish players right. Talk of £10 or £30 million war chests is stupid and will never happen.

And gradually increase as we climb divisions, if need be.

Not really, Rory McAllister is a proven goal scorer at that level! He could have been your Kenny Deuchar in the lower leagues, scoring a barrel load while costing pennies

Well it was when signing Ian Black :P

I didn't see the point in Rangers signing any foreigners, when they could have built a very strong scottish based squad.

Who needs a Rory McAllister when we have big Jig who's scored for fun.

I agree with the foreigners though they've been a disappointment when we should have brought in Scottish players from any level who would have done a better job.

Of the £9 million that went outside institutional investors,didn't Dermot Desmond buy up £4 miilion of that £9 million,leaving £5 million for the ordinary shareholders,quite similar to the Rangers support take up of the clubs flotation.

Nope.

Who needs a Rory McAllister when we have big Jig who's scored for fun.

I agree with the foreigners though they've been a disappointment when we should have brought in Scottish players from any level who would have done a better job.

Even when played as a centre half. The foriegners were cheap and were brought into fill gaps, nothing more.

Can I add that Hearts share issue has also done particularly well, in relative terms.

Can it be that the Internet and in particular social media has played a huge part in raising awareness and keeping at the forefront of people's minds? I think there are a hell of a lot more ways to pay for things these days, making it that much more accessible (although Hearts did revert to only taking cash at the latter end).

I don't think that either issue would have been received as well back in the old days.

I believe Hearts share issue has done very well,fair play to their fans on that. I know that my Hearts supporting cousin bought into it.

I believe Hearts share issue has done very well,fair play to their fans on that. I know that my Hearts supporting cousin bought into it.

The problem with the Hearts one is that what exactly is going to happen to them at the end of the season? Will they need to sell more players to make ends meet?

Never nice seeing a club going under, so here's hoping they pull through.

The problem with the Hearts one is that what exactly is going to happen to them at the end of the season? Will they need to sell more players to make ends meet?

The P&Bers could learn a lot from guys like you.

Dignity it's a Rangers thing.

He made 2 great signings in Wallace and Temps and got the both of them for 1.5 million.

You think that signing a guy who didn't even makes the 16 for Hearts cup final squad, would have shortly been free to negotiate a Bosman and who has been injured most of this term is a great signing? :blink:

St. Mirren won the First Division in 05/06 with a total wage bill of £900k (including all staff, not just players). Squandering £1.5m on a player to play in a league you should be able to win while spending relative peanuts is money down the drain.

They'll need to get players off the wage bill quicker than that, in January. They still have a funding gap. I think they will make it to the end of the season though.

It really has to be severe cost cutting and surviving for a good while. They also have the £500,000 for tax to pay from May for 3 years as well as at some point dealing with the Main Stand, which desperately needs upgrading. Then there is the debt.

I don't want Hearts to fold (I even made a, small, contribution), I would like Hibs to be better on the park than them for a considerable amount of time though.

Who can second guess though, when the owner is a complete space cadet. It also looks like he is not quite as rich as he once was.

(I expect a Hearts fan from the SPL forum to suddenly appear and reply to this post with, "5-1") :-)

Edited by Shades75

Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSportSPL have extended #Hearts transfer embargo after club informed them they've not paid a number of bonuses + appearance payments to Players.