Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Here's a wee nugget I read this morning - the directors"suspected that Whyte, despite the Scottish castle in which he had entertained Johnston, might have difficulty raising the scale of resources required".

The reason it made me chuckle is because it's not about Whyte, Rangers or Johnston at all but about a takeover bid at a different club, the wording used making it sound awfully familiar - especially the castle.

For some fun, anyone know which club it was and whose names should take the places of Whyte and Johnston?

I'm hoping that at the press conference we'll have an explanation of how Rangers will handle the players and staff issues. From what i've read it looks as if the cuts on the playing staff will be minmal...surely the first time thats happened upon a club being placed into admin??

I dont want any team to go under. I'm aware thats not the most popular stance but i dont want any club to dissappear...pain maybe, but not completely go under.

It may be old-fashioned but I believe in honesty and fair play. For clubs to spend sackfuls of money they do not have to give them an advantage over clubs that do pay their way is cheating and dishonest. In Rangers' case there may well be outright stealing. There is no difference to me between Gretna and Rangers - you cheat then you pay the price.

Administration should not be a get-out clause where you get rid of your deadwood players and staff and start again as if nothing had happened. St Mirren were a yoyo club as they paid their pay honestly. The last time we were in the SPL we got relegated as we didnt buy players we couldnt afford and had to pay for a new stand to fulfil a ridiculous 10,00 seater ruling. The next time we came up we had to install undersoil heating at Love St for 12 months to meet SPL criteria - another waste of honest money. (The heating was never switched on but cost £500,000). I am glad we did what we did and the way we did it.

The hypocrisy that is oozing out of Rangers is nauseating. They talk about redundancies and the poor tea-ladies that will get the boot. At the same time they offer £7,500 to Cousin knowing full well they do not have the money. If they go out of existence then its a self-inflicted wound and not the fault of anyone else. If Rangers are liquidated then maybe a well-run honest club like Spartans would be admitted to Division three.

Sky Sports news reporting that Craig Whyte has assured players they will be paid this month, and that he hopes they will be out of admin by the end of next month.

I daresay he and the administrators are having dialogue etc, so this may sound like pedantry, but should those kind of statements not be made now by the administrator? I was under the impression that it's now the administrator was running the club, no-one else?

Nothing doing right now on the BBC live stream. Is the press conference actually happening?

Delayed by 15 minutes, and it's only one hack per media organisation apparently.

Edited by Did someone say I scream?

1329406518[/url]' post='5975204']

Sky Sports news reporting that Craig Whyte has assured players they will be paid this month, and that he hopes they will be out of admin by the end of next month.

I daresay he and the administrators are having dialogue etc, so this may sound like pedantry, but should those kind of statements not be made now by the administrator? I was under the impression that it's now the administrator was running the club, no-one else?

I was just reading that. In so much trouble but able to get out of admin within a month...dodgy, dodgy, dodgy....

Oh so that'll definitely happen then.

Reading a wee bit about what Celtic have seemingly said (regarding not needing Rangers), and the financial figures they've posted. Given what is going on there, by all accounts being financially prudent with their projections etc, and when you compare that to the absolute clusterfuck of affairs at Ibrox - then how can anyone come out and say that Celtic are wrong?

I know all the nonsense about reduced TV deal, reduced crowds etc etc - but I'll tell you what, if that was to happen, I'd rather have the Celtic boards way of dealing with it (or indeed Motherwell, or St Johnstone) than whats been happening at Ibrox.

Edited by Did someone say I scream?

How come the BBC are streaming this? I thought that anyone from Rangers who spoke to the BBC was to be sacked immediately...

That's what Whyte said.

Whyte doesnt run the club at the moment, the administrators do