Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's because you came out with this unadulterated pish:

"Sorry i am not up to date with the hearts fans stance on all this. How many have said they should be demoted to the bottom tier?"

It led me to conclude that you had little grasp of the massive differences between the situations encountered by the two clubs in question.

You must not be aware of the long running argument i have been having with Wisbit...I said on the 16th of February that Rangers deserved SFL3 for the way the club had been run etc. Wisbit denied i said this and i am still awaiting the apology.

Now somebody..Wisbit i think claimed Rangers fans had shown no Humility at all and i was merely reminding him of what i said. SO have any Hearts or Dunfermline fans thought their clubs deserved being put in the bottom tier for the way they have allowed their clubs to be run?

Sorry i am not up to date with the hearts fans stance on all this. How many have said they should be demoted to the bottom tier?

Have Heart of Midlothian FC recently undergone L I Q U I D A T I O N? The answer is no. Your old creditor/tax cheating Rangers FC did though, that is why your new "Rangers International FC" had to start in the fourth tier of Scottish football.

P.S. How is the share price doing this morning after the wipe out yesterday? Is it in the recovery position or now in a critical condition? :1eye

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/5m-wiped-off-rangers-shares.21628245

NEARLY £5 million has been wiped off Rangers' value on the stock market after more than 400,000 shares were sold as new chief executive Craig Mather said the club was "living within our means".

The stock sale which took place yesterday resulted in a 15% drop Rangers International Football Club (RIFC) plc's share price which finished the day on 42.5p.

The value of the shares sold was just over £180,000 but it brought the market value of RIFC down from £32.6m to £27.7m.

Four 100,000 tranches of shares were sold between 3.30pm and 4.20pm as Mr Mather released a statement saying the club was on an even financial footing.

Three blocks of 100,000 were sold before Mr Mather's statement was published online, the other was sold 25 minutes afterwards.

Oh dear.

You must not be aware of the long running argument i have been having with Wisbit...I said on the 16th of February that Rangers deserved SFL3 for the way the club had been run etc. Wisbit denied i said this and i am still awaiting the apology.

I'm vaguely aware of it. I do know however that you've made some fairly worthy noises at various points throughout this saga.

I also know that you generally then feel some irresistable urge to undo them.

I am not sure where I did go wrong. I am certainly not the one who said: ""Spent 2x days going around in circles, repeating myself, studying all my posts to see how they possibly could be so misunderstood."

I quoted that in red just for your benefit.

I am also not the one who has any interest in playing your team in any cup. You, however,"Hope we get you in a cup tie"

Just admit it. Posting about Rangers and hoping for a cup draw against us is what defines your humanity.

I hope to get a seat on the train today. Not the height of my ambition though. :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/5m-wiped-off-rangers-shares.21628245

NEARLY £5 million has been wiped off Rangers' value on the stock market after more than 400,000 shares were sold as new chief executive Craig Mather said the club was "living within our means".

The stock sale which took place yesterday resulted in a 15% drop Rangers International Football Club (RIFC) plc's share price which finished the day on 42.5p.

The value of the shares sold was just over £180,000 but it brought the market value of RIFC down from £32.6m to £27.7m.

Four 100,000 tranches of shares were sold between 3.30pm and 4.20pm as Mr Mather released a statement saying the club was on an even financial footing.

Three blocks of 100,000 were sold before Mr Mather's statement was published online, the other was sold 25 minutes afterwards.

Oh dear.

As I asked on the Share Issue thread, what, in reality, does this actually mean or suggest?

I'm vaguely aware of it. I do know however that you've made some fairly worthy noises at various points throughout this saga.

I also know that you generally then feel some irresistable urge to undo them.

Would you not say that claiming that your own club should be taken from the SPL and put in the SFL 3 only 2 days after administration was showing at least some humility and admission your club deserves all that is thrown at it? Have any Hearts or Pars supporters shown the same kind of humility? Nope they have run about pleading and begging to anybody that would listen that they should be saved even having the barefaced cheek to expect Rangers to play them in a money spinning game

Would you not say that claiming that your own club should be taken from the SPL and put in the SFL 3 only 2 days after administration was showing at least some humility and admission your club deserves all that is thrown at it?

I would indeed, which I've acknowledged as among your worthier noises No8.

I wouldn't suggest that such sentiments have been remotely representative though.

As I asked on the Share Issue thread, what, in reality, does this actually mean or suggest?

It means that at least one institutional investor decided late yesterday afternoon that their money would be much safer in a bank account than it would be invested in Rangers International FC.

Edited by Saor Alba

The thing is benny mk1 both hearts and Dunfermline fans have a bit of humility.

They are both accepting whatever consequences that awaits them.

Unlike the angry bigoted bears whom thought everyone else owed them their lofty stature.

Remind me how the show newco a red card went...

Did you hold up your red card, did you.

^^^^^^^^ This x 1000

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Short sweet answer:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary.html?fourWayKey=GB00B90T9Z75GBGBXASQ1

1. As I type this, the current share price for selling is 41p, purchase price 43p. The price has crashed yet again - for a multi-million pound company in its first year of operation to see its share value halved before the shares are a year old is pretty disturbing.

Moreover this time it has occured without any "bad news" in the press (Green or Whyte's antics) to allow easy dismissal of it being the effect of stock market jitters at the slightest piece of ill tidings. That ought to be raising far more alarm bells that it has.

2. One hallmark in particular of note is the continued underperformance of the Rangers shares ever since their launch, & contrary to the garbage in the Daily Record, etc. that betrays that the real & even the more eccentric money people have no confidence in Rangers as a long term concern: they see it as another basket case waiting to all end in tears.

3. The falling value of the club means it is harder for them to get credit (both in quantity & on decent terms) & harder for them to get favourable terms in their business dealings. They have failed to regain what is the most important asset of all in business & the one that doesn't appear on balance sheets: trust.

As they climb the leagues & their expenditure grows, that makes life far more difficult, especially as the old pals network in the Scottish banks that used to protect them have now been all but wiped out in the financial disasters of the last few years, Many such institutions are now in the hands of non-Scottish owners who have no time for Rangers being treated as a "special" case.

Would you not say that claiming that your own club should be taken from the SPL and put in the SFL 3 only 2 days after administration was showing at least some humility and admission your club deserves all that is thrown at it?

No, I would say that claiming that your club should be taken from the SPL and put in the SFL3 only 2 days after it entering administration is a sign of a realistic fear of knowing that your bankrupt club was very likely to be taking some serious thrashings off its main rivals in the SPL if it remained in the SPL the following season.

£5m wiped off Rangers shares

Martin-William-wee.jpg
Senior News Reporter
Thursday 18 July 2013

ibrox_8.JPG

Mr Mather's comments came as some fans expressed concern about the volume of new recruits manager Ally McCoist was allowed to bring in, with some assuming more money is being spent.

The club have signed seven new players so far this summer as they prepare for a new season in the Scottish Second Division, while offloading two high earners in Carlos Bocanegra and Dorin Goian.

It is just over a year since a consortium led by Yorkshire business Charles Green bought the assets of Rangers as the parent company under the leadership of Craig Whyte went into administration and subsequently liquidation.

However, Mr Mather said it was simply the budget provided was being "worked well" and there was "no reason to panic".

He said: "People are talking about the signings we have made and we've agreed deals to bring in seven players so far but in comparison to last year's wage bill, it's less this season.

"Yes, we're bringing more people in but we've worked hard to ensure from a financial perspective we're living within our means."

The slump in the share price wipes nearly 40% off the holdings of fans and investors who bought into December's share issue when they were on offer for 70p. The Initial Public Offering championed by former chief executive Charles Green raised around £22m.

The Rangers Supporters' Trust, who bought £250,000 of shares on behalf of members, was philsophical about the development.

Mark Dingwall of the trust said: "I think most people bought their shares with their eyes wide open. Most fans regard it as an emotional investment rather than a long-term financial one. "People bought them to help the club rather than to make money from them." He believed the shares might have been sold by those investors who were locked into their shares till July 1.

Despite Mr Green's resignation as chief executive, in the wake of claims he had covertly worked in conjunction with Mr Whyte when purchasing the business and assets of Rangers for £5.5m in May 2012, the Yorkshire businessman remains the biggest individual shareholder with 7.68% of the plc.

Under stock market rules, Mr Green is locked into owning those shares until December 7 this year. He has already agreed to transfer 1.1% of his stake to Isle of Man-based investment company Laxey Partners when the lock-in period expires.

A Rangers spokesman said: "Rangers do not comment on the sale of small numbers of individual share transactions."

Edited by AberdeenBud

Short sweet answer:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary.html?fourWayKey=GB00B90T9Z75GBGBXASQ1

1. As I type this, the current share price for selling is 41p, purchase price 43p. The price has crashed yet again - for a multi-million pound company in its first year of operation to see its share value halved before the shares are a year old is pretty disturbing.

Moreover this time it has occured without any "bad news" in the press (Green or Whyte's antics) to allow easy dismissal of it being the effect of stock market jitters at the slightest piece of ill tidings. That ought to be raising far more alarm bells that it has.

2. One hallmark in particular of note is the continued underperformance of the Rangers shares ever since their launch, & contrary to the garbage in the Daily Record, etc. that betrays that the real & even the more eccentric money people have no confidence in Rangers as a long term concern: they see it as another basket case waiting to all end in tears.

3. The falling value of the club means it is harder for them to get credit (both in quantity & on decent terms) & harder for them to get favourable terms in their business dealings. They have failed to regain what is the most important asset of all in business & the one that doesn't appear on balance sheets: trust.

As they climb the leagues & their expenditure grows, that makes life far more difficult, especially as the old pals network in the Scottish banks that used to protect them have now been all but wiped out in the financial disasters of the last few years, Many such institutions are now in the hands of non-Scottish owners who have no time for Rangers being treated as a "special" case.

You must have a different definition of 'short' than most normal people.

Fifteen?

But Rangers only got ten. Shit - Bennett was right about the difference in the handling of the situations.

I was talking about the reporting of the situations as you well know.

Hearts fans and the team shouldn't have to suffer for the actions of an irresponsible owner while in admin while Rangers/fans deserved to be punished severely for the actions of an irresponsible owner when the club went into admin.

P.S Hearts were one of the clubs pushing for an increase in points deductions for entering admin. Be careful what y'all wish for......

And no one gives a f**k about the hospitals or the soldiers any more.

Integrity ain't what it used to be - back then you could, say, sponsor an Annan* player such was the passion to do the right thing.

* Whilst ignoring players at your own club in need of sponsorship.

:)

Either Bhairn or the Jakey posted a C&P from that 1st rate lawyer/blogger bloke saying that we cost the country over 20 brand new hospitals. The sad thing is that shlte like that was lapped up all and sundry and mob rule reigned.

It's amazing how these two situations have been reported. Hearts are a salt of earth fitba club whose fans as well as the club shouldn't be punished due to the actions of a dodgy owner. © Jum Spence, Stewart HAR HARR HARRR HARRRRR Cosgrove, Spiers etc

While Rangers deserved to punished, punished, punished, punished and punished some more. JUST F**KING PUNISH THEM!!!!!!

Go on, Vicky, remind us of all those massively unfair punishments meted out to speed the old club across the Styx. What were they again? Must have been fucking horrendous to make your Nordic blood boil like that...

Either Bhairn or the Jakey posted a C&P from that 1st rate lawyer/blogger bloke saying that we cost the country over 20 brand new hospitals. The sad thing is that shlte like that was lapped up all and sundry and mob rule reigned.

Oh, look - let's raise the idea of people posting using aliases. From a position where, by looking up, you can just make out the soles of the feet of someone clinging to a long rope tied to a long ladder at the base of a massive cliff leading to the foothills of the Morally Average Ground.

You want to thank your lucky stars for mob rule - without it there wouldn't even be a fake team to come over from Stavanger to watch.