Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On a serious note, what is it the rangers fans class as a spiv? Just a general shady character who profits from other people's hard work in general terms?

Do you think king is putting his cash into rangers so he can lose it? Or more than likely try make a profit once they climb the leagues?

Does he get a free pass cause he's a "rangers man"? Murray was too.(David)

First and foremost king is a businessman.

What if all the spivs want full price for their shares?

Is king willing to do that as well as prop the clumpany up at the same time?

What would the full price of the shares be after the AGM if the Spivs are still in control? Businessmen ... smart Businessmen know when to sell and run.

Obviously if they want to sell they will all make a small profit but once the shares are in the right hands and the club is going in the right direction that share price will rise.

Does he get a free pass cause he's a "rangers man"? Murray was too.(David)

Sir David Murray was never a Rangers supporter. He was actually an Ayr United supporter and tried to buy them first.

Sir David Murray was never a Rangers supporter. He was actually an Ayr United supporter and tried to buy them first.

So Rangers haven't had a "rangers man" running the club since what, the 80s?

What would the full price of the shares be after the AGM if the Spivs are still in control? Businessmen ... smart Businessmen know when to sell and run.

Obviously if they want to sell they will all make a small profit but once the shares are in the right hands and the club is going in the right direction that share price will rise.

I don't know mate. King is a businessman and if the sums don't add up he will walk away.

Thank god we weren't as thick :lol:

Certain people stood to make good money out that deal but turned it down.

Turned down as Murray lacked ambition...I think he had a point to prove to people..He certainly showed them :rolleyes:

I don't know mate. King is a businessman and if the sums don't add up he will walk away.

From what King has said he is willing to invest money into the club and there are a few others who will do the same. What they wont do is use their millions to line the pockets of the Spivs.

The key here is 'Show me the books first'..Once he gets in there will be no hiding place for these people. It is going to hurt knowing people like the Easdales have made money out of the club but it will be nothing like the figures they had in mind

I don't read the Scotsman and had no idea who Gibbons was. I read that article and just thought it was yet another wannabe Phil Madeupnames blogger. It is staggering that has been printed in what is supposed to be a quality Newspaper.

:lol::lol: You've never heard of Glenn Gibbons?

He's not my favourite, but he is a sports writer of some repute. What he says in this article is actually pretty reserved and balanced.

I don't know what's funnier No8 - your ignorance, or your eagerness to display it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

:lol::lol: You've never heard of Glenn Gibbons?

He's not my favourite, by he is a sports writer of some repute. What he says in this article is actually pretty reserved and balanced.

I don't know what's funnier No8 - your ignorance, or your eagerness to display it.

I reckon if you had to survey the average person in the street, most people would never have heard of Glenn gibbons. From my experience Scoop Gibbons is pretty bland and basically just goes over whats already been printed.

Edited by bennett

Yes, yes they are alive and well but they are a completely new entity that has nothing to do with the Gretna that previously played at Raydale.

Same ground, same fans but an entirely different club!

A bit like, well you know?

Indeed.

When No8 talks about a Rangers team playing in blue at Ibrox as his benchmark for seamless continuity, I often throw in the parallel of a Gretna team playing in black and white at Raydale, but which nobody pretends is the same club that reached the Cup Final in 2006.

He just ignores it.

Turned down as Murray lacked ambition...I think he had a point to prove to people..He certainly showed them :rolleyes:

Was nothing to do with ambition. His business plan was he wouldnt spend any of his own money. Probably backed by a decent credit line from his pal masterton. Thank god he got told where to go.

I reckon if you had to survey the average person in the street, most people would never have heard of Glenn gibbons. From my experience Scoop Gibbons is pretty bland and basically just goes over whats already been printed.

I'm guessing the average person in the street might struggle to name any sports writers.

Among Scottish football fans however, Gibbons should be someone they've at least heard of if they wish to be taken remotely seriously.

Has he got some connection with the MoD?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A thread about the currant buns is inevitably going to produce conversations between our two sets of supporters. So either put people on ignore, skim over posts, or f**k off.

You quite clearly support Celtic for all the wrong reasons.

From what King has said he is willing to invest money into the club and there are a few others who will do the same. What they wont do is use their millions to line the pockets of the Spivs.

The key here is 'Show me the books first'..Once he gets in there will be no hiding place for these people. It is going to hurt knowing people like the Easdales have made money out of the club but it will be nothing like the figures they had in mind

He just wants control for a rock bottom price. Nothing to do with "lining the spivs", but he knows sooner or later they'll have to come out and do a deal. However, he won't pass the FPT given the fact he was on the board of a liquidated club.

Edited by Fotbawmad

You're right in saying that I sort of accept continuation. It's not based on what LNS, or any self-serving governing bodies say though. It's based on the notion that clubs are really about their fans, and that something lives on if they're still around.

Indeed.

When No8 talks about a Rangers team playing in blue at Ibrox as his benchmark for seamless continuity, I often throw in the parallel of a Gretna team playing in black and white at Raydale, but which nobody pretends is the same club that reached the Cup Final in 2006.

He just ignores it.

The two highlighted bits to me are pretty much making the same point.

As i've said previosuly what some bit of paper may or not say is not important to me, apart from divisions nothign has really changed.

it's quite old and it is rusty

but the subframe it is fine,

fan belts worn,dodgy ignition

steerings out of line

my father took it for a run

exhaust was fucked but what a roar

final straw was when the lights fell off

when he slammed the b*****d door

get tow rope!

[\quote]

Hahaha that was funny