Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There has been quite a bit of talk by various commentators and posters on this site about what sort of financial position Rangers would find themselves in if they get promoted into the top division. Many are saying that they would have to settle for being a middle of the road team for many years before they are in a position to challenge for the league.

What is this based on? Why wouldn't they be able to use their fanbase and immediately jump to second (taking into account Celtic's European income)?

Listen.

Don't let what these P & d's are saying upset you eh ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't upset. I just don't get upset on here ... I was mocking the Font the D had been using.

Never mind i know Rangers are still going strong. Still paying at Ibrox. I know your hatred is still strong. That is good enough for me. :thumsup2

And Gretna still play at Raydale.

Are they also still alive and well?

Yes, yes they are alive and well but they are a completely new entity that has nothing to do with the Gretna that previously played at Raydale.

Same ground, same fans but an entirely different club!

A bit like, well you know?

Minutes of the Rangers meeting ...

JT - There is a an obvious bias against Rangers in certain sections of the press and in one mass media outlet in particular.

One mass media outlet. Who could that be? Is JT joining the RM, FF etc. mindset and genuinely suggesting that the BBC is biased against Rangers? I presume it's the BBC. He has left himselt wriggle-room . Well, not a lot of wriggle-room since he is such a fatso. But really, this idea that the world is unfairly set against them is indicative of mass delusion.

Edited by cyderspaceman

You only ever post about Celtic or the currant buns you arsewipe. Every single thread without fail you are there spouting inane drivel. So, with respect, shut the f**k up. 

Factually inaccurate attempt at forum policing there I'm afraid. Unlucky.

With no respect at all, the Diddy's are here to laugh at Rangers, so if and no.8 must enthral each other with pathetic gangster tales from sectarian failed states, please do so in the correct forum so our eyes don't have to bleed.

Many thanks.

Dave King will save them? Not according to the hootsman SNIP BLOCK OF WORD SALAD

Here is the article, in a readable format! Grrrrrrrrr!

THE stampede among Rangers fans to celebrate the second coming of Dave King to Ibrox is understandable in a group fuelled by desperation, but it is more likely to have been propelled by wishfulness than solidly-founded optimism.

Given the club’s wretched recent history with would-be redeemers, it is also a shade of odds-on to be premature.

There is no evidence to suggest that the South Africa-based Glaswegian carries the kind of risk that comes with allowing another carpet-bagger into the constituency, but there are complications and obstacles that should make anyone with an open mind question the reliability of reports that he is on the brink of assuming the chairmanship and transforming Rangers’ financial position with a mountain of cash.

The stream of blithe assurances from some quarters that the wooing of King by the Ibrox chief executive, Craig Mather, had borne fruit was abruptly interrupted in mid-flow by the more convincing comments of the most significant figure to have contributed so far to the story.

Alastair Johnston, the former Rangers chairman and a long-standing friend of King, effectively confirmed what the latter has confided to various people in recent times; namely, that the only circumstances in which he would return would be to assume charge (that is, ownership) of the club.

While in no doubt that King’s business acumen would be richly beneficial to Rangers, Johnston expanded: “As far as his filling the vacant chairman’s role is concerned, I’m not sure how much authority the chairman has right now.

“Dave is not going to go in there in any circumstance where he doesn’t have control. He stayed on the board when Craig Whyte tried to get him off it, simply because of an obstinacy and a certain leverage he brought to bear on Craig Whyte. But the bottom line is at the end of the day if Dave can’t see the role of chairman as being anything more than a figurehead, then I don’t think he’ll be interested.”

Men of King’s reputed wealth are not renowned for handing £20 million of their cash reserves to others to manage, as he did when he invested that amount in David Murray’s regime and it turned to dust.

It is a myth, too, that King lost his stake when Rangers descended into administration; the shares were virtually worthless long before, as the Joe Lewis-owned, Daniel Levy-run English National Investment Company were also on their way to discovering. ENIC, like the former director Hugh Adam, sold their holding before it hit the floor, but recovered only £8 million of their original £40m.

The consequence of that misadventure is that King is extremely unlikely to repeat the folly.

In order to be assured of autonomy in the matter of running the business, he would have to buy a controlling interest, or at least 51 per cent of the stock. If he does so by purchasing from existing shareholders, the money does not go to the club, but to the vendors of the shares.

To put money into the club, therefore, King would have to acquire his holding through newly-issued shares.

That would result in present shareholders having their percentage significantly reduced, and it is legitimate to wonder how that prospect would be received by such ambitious executives as the Easdale brothers, Sandy and James, as well as any of the others with relatively large holdings. The coach company operators surely did not buy the right to claim that Sandy is the biggest individual shareholder in the company just to have their interest suddenly diluted almost to the point of meaninglessness.

Furthermore, if King were to acquire even 30 per cent of the equity, he would be obliged to offer every shareholder the opportunity to sell – and at a price that would make it worth their while. That is a dangerous strategy, because it risks the possibility of coming close to having to pay for 100 per cent of the shares. All of this could cost in excess of £31m (Rangers’ valuation on the stock market) with the money going into the sellers’, rather than the club’s, bank accounts.

None of these potential hazards, of course, should be regarded at this stage as insurmountable. But they are enough of an obstacle to warrant a certain scepticism over the claim that King will be in the chair – flanked by a smugly confident present board of directors – by the time of the potentially explosive annual meeting in just 12 days‘ time.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

my bad....

Nice to see timposters are easy to find these days, or is he serious ?

Just thinking what the club could do again to make more money and increase fans experience in the stadium.

I think this one could kick off really well and I don't believe any other club has approved a plan...

Have different vehicles around the pitch between the grass and where the stands are. Fans can pay extra to sit in cars and watch the game for the live experience. Audio of RTV coming from the stereos. Have blue corsas, dukes of hazzard cars even del boy 3 wheel van for some fun and even a tank to represent our soldiers. Imagine watching the game in a tank. Like that wacky races character serg. Can fire some balloons at half time into the crowd. Charge 50-150 a ticket depending on the car you choose. 3 guys in the back of the dukes of hazzard car doing the bouncy as it flips up.

Roars of engines as we score getting the atmosphere going.

First of a kind. What else can we do?

4pages and rising http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=259938&st=0

I wasn't upset. I just don't get upset on here ... I was mocking the Font the D had been using.

Never mind i know Rangers are still going strong. Still paying at Ibrox. I know your hatred is still strong. That is good enough for me. :thumsup2

Pity for you the previous club hadn't paid at Ibrox, your team would still be in the top flight...

ETA: Late as usual! :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

I don't read the Scotsman and had no idea who Gibbons was. I read that article and just thought it was yet another wannabe Phil Madeupnames blogger. It is staggering that has been printed in what is supposed to be a quality Newspaper.

Ach well. Never mind the Ps & Ds seem to be lapping it up. Job Done.

Looking forward to Dave King ousting the Spivs.

Time will tell who is correct...To put you out of your misery it will be me that is correct but never mind Ps & Ds you'll still be able to hide away here in your wee make belief world where there is no Rangers Football Club.

I don't read the Scotsman and had no idea who Gibbons was. I read that article and just thought it was yet another wannabe Phil Madeupnames blogger. It is staggering that has been printed in what is supposed to be a quality Newspaper. 

Time will tell who is correct...To put you out of your misery it will be me that is correct but never mind Ps & Ds you'll still be able to hide away here in your wee make belief world where there is no Rangers Football Club.

How exactly is the tax dodger extraordinaire going to oust the spivs?

:rolleyes:

How exactly is the tax dodger extraordinaire going to oust the spivs?

:rolleyes:

You'll find out soon enough. You should really do more digging and look at things from both sides rather than just having tunnel vision.

Time will tell and it will tell soon enough. :thumsup2

What if all the spivs want full price for their shares?

Is king willing to do that as well as prop the clumpany up at the same time?