Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The same shite seems to be trotted out by the fans of most clubs that go into administration. I haven't read anything on Rangers Media or FF that I didn't read from Dundee fans in November 2010. And guess what? Their mewlings amounted to SFA, as I suspect they will in this case, too.

They don't do walking away. And to demonstrate the point, they're all going on a really long walk. Or, more probably, a short train ride to Mount Florida and then a brief stroll.

Do you think they will have musical accompaniment and banners?:P

Question:

If Rangers were liquidated and became a new-co. I assume all players would have to be re-registered to the new-co?

So effectively, have the SPL ensured that any new-co would have made up of under 18 players? Or would they maintain the current playing squad? (if, big IF, they were allowed back in to the SPL)

I realise this may be a stupid question but I'm not too sure on the in's and out's of it all :(

Question:

If Rangers were liquidated and became a new-co. I assume all players would have to be re-registered to the new-co?

So effectively, have the SPL ensured that any new-co would have made up of under 18 players? Or would they maintain the current playing squad? (if, big IF, they were allowed back in to the SPL)

I realise this may be a stupid question but I'm not too sure on the in's and out's of it all :(

No. If the newco was the same entity, in footballing terms, the players registrations would transfer over too. However, so would the registration embargo

If the newco was a different footballing entity, then the players registrations wouldnt transfer over but, then, neither would the registration embargo.

Question:

Given the newco is a new entity, I doubt the embargo would apply to it.

So, no opinion on what it would do to your club?

It wouldn't do too much damage.

Kilmarnock are a club who pay our taxes, and year on year are significantly reducing our debts. So the death of Rangers would mean we're minus two Old Firm gates a season.... Great.

Moreover, any time I'm in Kilmarnock town centre you very rarely (if ever) see a Kilmarnock shirt. No, it's always Rangers or Celtic. So if one of those two cancerous leeches of society vanish we may just have a generation coming through that would support *insert dramatic sharp intake of breath* their local team. And that wouldn't be just a Kilmarnock thing.

So in summary, I hope Rangers die a very slow and painful death.

I don't get this whole "We'll end up as poor as the Welsh league!" argument. I don't really care if my club is poor I'd just like to play in a competitive league where my club has a chance to win the league.

Inb4 "Livi will never be in SPHell, lulz"

No. If the newco was the same entity, in footballing terms, the players registrations would transfer over too. However, so would the registration embargo

If the newco was a different footballing entity, then the players registrations wouldnt transfer over but, then, neither would the registration embargo.

Surely there's an easy way out of the transfer embargo for either the present Rangers or a new side.

Simply sign any player on amateur forms, but pay them secretly in the form of, say, a 'loan'.

I think I've hit on something here.

Player registrations would transfer under TUPE laws. A bit like Response losing their Sky contract to Hero TSC where 400 or 500 staff have moved across.

I wonder who owns Response? :P

No, someone confirmed this last night. Any embargo would still be in effect for any 'phoenix' organisation rising from Rangers ashes.

They're fucked biggrin.gif

Ah, okay.

No, someone confirmed this last night. Any embargo would still be in effect for any 'phoenix' organisation rising from Rangers ashes.

They're fucked biggrin.gif

I would of thought that any embargo would be transferred over, given that it is effectively a new version of the same team.

;)

Question:

I'm pretty sure the TUPE legislation regarding transfer of employment would apply i.e. the jobs would transfer over to the new co however those in the jobs could exercise their right not to - in other words they could all leave if they wanted. In effect what would happen would be the norm in reverse in a situation like this.

Player registrations would transfer under TUPE laws. A bit like Response losing their Sky contract to Hero TSC where 400 or 500 staff have moved across.

I wonder who owns Response? :P

The registrations wouldnt. The employment contracts would, but the player registrations would depend on whether or not the SFA/SPL consider the newco as a continuation or as a new club.

Surely there's an easy way out of the transfer embargo for either the present Rangers or a new side.

Simply sign any player on amateur forms, but pay them secretly in the form of, say, a 'loan'.

I think I've hit on something here.

So wait, you're suggesting that one of the bastions of Scottish society and the sole pillar of morality in an increasingly fraught and tainted landscape - offer players double contracts?

Come on, that would never happen.

So, no opinion on what it would do to your club?

I read the name (his, not yours!), and clocked that the point he made about the player turnover was completely wrong, so I didn't bother giving an opinion. Since you asked, here's what I made of it.

He says "Most clubs only add one or two key players (all going well) to their squad each season", which is garbage as far as Killie (and many others) are concerned. Does he not pay any attention to the SPL outside of Celtic?

Most clubs have a few players on long-term deals, and then the majority on short-term contracts. There is generally a vast turnover of players each summer. Only 10 of Killie's current first team squad were at the club last season (plus 2 loanees who presumably would have fallen foul of the embargo), and only 6 of them were there 2 years ago. It would have an enormous impact on any SPL club.

Went out to work. I thought overcharging a few celtic fans would make me feel better...It didn't work :(

Been reading Follow Follow and so far the concensus seems to be...Stay out of Parkhead for the first 15 minutes...Who said the Rangers fans couldn't do Militant? Anybody paying that shower of b*****ds £42 deserves everything they get!!!

Moving on to the 'Mass' Protest at the SFA Cup Final...Why? It is going to be a huge day for Scottish football and Edinburgh football especially..Who is going to take any notice of 200 ( i know i am being generous) dafties with 2 or 3 placards.

You have to remember these suggestions are backed by the very people Paul Murray and The Blue Knights are suggesting take a place on the Rangers board.. :bairn

Imagine being left with a choice of these arseholes and liquidation. It is a toss of a coin which i would prefer TBH!!

I am that fed up and depressed i am considering spending more time with the wife at the weekends!!! Never thought it would come to that :( :(

Take your son back to watch Raith.