Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Horde really are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Either hand over more dough to Sevco Scotland Ltd and in return receive a season ticket for next season. This is of course, presuming Sevco are capable of making it through an entire season.

Or hand over your money to Dave King who I am astounded anyone is giving any time of day.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a Sevconian I doubt I would venture down any of the routes on offer.....

The Horde really are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Either hand over more dough to Sevco Scotland Ltd and in return receive a season ticket for next season. This is of course, presuming Sevco are capable of making it through an entire season.

Or hand over your money to Dave King who I am astounded anyone is giving any time of day.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a Sevconian I doubt I would venture down any of the routes on offer.....

But, the poor wee souls need to be led by the hand by a grown up (even if he's a dodgy f*cker that you were warned never to speak to).

They're incapable of thinking for themselves, and working out when they're getting piss ripped out of them.

They're a bunch of sheep being rounded-up by "davy the dug" and led to the slaughterhouse.*

*Sorry, the analogy of sheep and all things ovine were not meant to offend you Karl (or excite you :lol: ).

I don't understand Dave King's angle here........why would the supporters season ticket money equate to purchasing a security over the stadium or training facilities?

When you buy a season ticket it grants you right of entry into the stadium for the home league fixtures......nothing more!

Would be like a Tenant demanding security on their accommodation from the Landlord.

Would you give money to a Landlord that you knew was behind with his repayments and the house you were about to rent was the security? Compound this with the knowledge that your deposit will be used to pay back the arrears and you have a comparable situation.

Would you give money to a Landlord that you knew was behind with his repayments and the house you were about to rent was the security? Compound this with the knowledge that your deposit will be used to pay back the arrears and you have a comparable situation.

That wasn't the point I was making......it was in reference to demanding the security of the assets for the collective season ticket money.......which just like paying monthly rent doesn't entitle you to any security over the property/assets.

Whether people choose to pay/grant security is neither here nor there in my point.

I don't understand Dave King's angle here........why would the supporters season ticket money equate to purchasing a security over the stadium or training facilities?

When you buy a season ticket it grants you right of entry into the stadium for the home league fixtures......nothing more!

Would be like a Tenant demanding security on their accommodation from the Landlord.

I made the same point a few weeks ago when this was first mooted. The supporters associations talk about the season ticket money as investment. It isnt, its a commercial purchase, for which you receive entry to the games.

That wasn't the point I was making......it was in reference to demanding the security of the assets for the collective season ticket money.......which just like paying monthly rent doesn't entitle you to any security over the property/assets.

Whether people choose to pay/grant security is neither here nor there in my point.

Yes but the analogy is flawed. Rangers without season ticket money and people paying through the gate are screwed, the fans have a strong bargaining position if they are willing to stay away in the short term.

Yes but the analogy is flawed. Rangers without season ticket money and people paying through the gate are screwed, the fans have a strong bargaining position if they are willing to stay away in the short term.

Thats a reasonable explanation. However, the supporters associations seem to think handing over security as some sort of right, in return for their "investment" and that the BoD shouldnt see this as a reasonable thing to do.

If they came out and said, "we know this is unorthodox but we see it as a last resort to protect the assets and force the BoDs hand", then fair enough

Thats a reasonable explanation. However, the supporters associations seem to think handing over security as some sort of right, in return for their "investment" and that the BoD shouldnt see this as a reasonable thing to do.

If they came out and said, "we know this is unorthodox but we see it as a last resort to protect the assets and force the BoDs hand", then fair enough

I think this is reasonable. They are asking for security over assets that will diminish in direct proportion to the "benefit" that they gain from watching their club. What the combined supporters are doing is no different from the Easdales who have provided a fraction of the money and have security. I am not sure of the last time that they paid to get in to Ibrox though!

ETA: In financial terms, the supporters are creditors of the club and therefore it is not unreasonable for them to request some form of security prior to "lending" the club their money.

Further ETA: In terms of financial responsibility, I think that this is surely the first time that the supporters have shown any.

Edited by strichener

Give up their seat which they've had for years, its a difficult one.

From which they can watch a bunch of mercenaries and kids getting "plucky" draws against the second tier's normal residents.

Aye, it's a difficult one right enough.

At least back in the old days even old firm fans had the balls and independence of thought to say "they're shite - and I'm not paying to watch them until they improve". Some daft fúckers (YT included) would trail along to watch underperforming sides, but gates did, do, and always will fluctuate according to team performance.

Fair-weather fans they may have been, but it was (and for many even today, still is) simple - why pay good money for shite football?

No need to find some kind of bogey-man to blame.

"From what I can see, all the money has dis­appeared "

Which raises the question about that fistful of twenties Bomber was pictured ripping from the arthritic claws of a deluded, possibly senile bear in the Record.

had to post this absolutely spot on.

A Plea to the Rangers Board
By Stephstar

– Posted on April 15, 2014Posted in: Rangers News

IBROX-GATE_2983119-180x180.jpg

Written by Morethanaclub

Please please keep your rallying calls to yourself I’m sick and tired of being patronised with the plaudits you shower upon me of being one of the best group of supporters in the world as if this is going to make everything alright not only is it patronising it’s also pretentious and condescending.

In times gone by blah blah blah blah feckin' blah make our club great again, rid yourselves of hedge funds that only see us as a cash cow and do what needs to be done.

You know it makes sense.

Yours sincerely

A Loyal Rangers Fan

That was obviously written by a 14 year old.

Or a Timposter.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

so is an investment property......

had to post this absolutely spot on.

A Plea to the Rangers Board
By Stephstar

– Posted on April 15, 2014Posted in: Rangers News

IBROX-GATE_2983119-180x180.jpg

Written by Morethanaclub

Please please keep your rallying calls to yourself I’m sick and tired of being patronised with the plaudits you shower upon me of being one of the best group of supporters in the world as if this is going to make everything alright not only is it patronising it’s also pretentious and condescending.

In times gone by this old fool (and that’s how you make me feel these days)beamed with pride when professing my allegiance to the bears in red white and blue, even in the dark days of the 60′s and 70′s when we had to play second fiddle to Celtic as they won title after title.now I see an unstoppable pandemic starting at the top right down to the players who stroll around the pitch like the overpaid prima donna’s they are, and I add to that playing the worst style of football I have ever seen in all my years watching my beloved Rangers.

Our gallant pioneers, Mr Struth and the legends that graced Ibrox in the past must be spinning in their graves. My pride diminishes on a daily basis but I’m too tired to be angry.

I have tried really tried to put a positive spin on everything we have been through in the last few years.

But I’m sorry to say the positivity has run dry.

Let’s be honest you and previous custodians of our great club have frittered away millions of pounds to the extent that we have had to suffer the indignity of administration and the embarrassment of liquidation and we now find ourselves on the brink of financial meltdown again to the extent you are finding yourselves extending the begging bowl for short term loans to keep afloat almost on a month to month basis.

You say that you have the clubs best interests at heart, but at what level have you warranted any confidence in you from us, the fans? I am struggling to think of any decision made at the club in the last few years that could even remotely be described as a good one.You asked us for 120 days to come up with your plan for going forward and we have patiently stood by as you have drew it up.

But I will say this it will have to be good because during that time we have seen someone come in with an offer of large investment and it would appear you are unwilling to enter serious dialogue of accepting the offer.

Because of this our club is at present akin to a soap opera with statements and counter statements flying around like confetti. I would also like to add previous incumbents have shouted from the rooftops about plans they had that have come to nothing. Can you risk treating us like fools again?

Ally McCoist has arguably the toughest management job in British if not European football because as a support we demand success no excuses that’s the way we were brought up its in our DNA and that is why we are the most successful club in the world. As the present custodians it is your DUTY to ensure that doesn’t change.

Hold another board meeting, look around the table and ask yourself how many if any of the guys you are looking at truly love the club like the fans that turn up week in week out do.

Then take a run up to Auchenhowie and watch the players train and ask yourself how many you see that have the balls or more importantly the ability to become Rangers greats like the legends of the past including the present manager.

To both questions I think the answer will be very few if any.

Once again it is your DUTY to change that.

Rangers board members I beg you please make our club great again, rid yourselves of hedge funds that only see us as a cash cow and do what needs to be done.

You know it makes sense.

Yours sincerely

A Loyal Rangers Fan

And there's your problem right there. The old club won a European trophy* in those "dark days", for fúck's sake.

They can continue banging on about celtic, and rightful places, and European football, and global brands, all they want.

They are a (new) football club. In the place where a football club can measure success, they've just been humped twice in a week, in the biggest games in their history. They've won two lower-league championships, and spent enough to put their new club staring down the same gun-barrel as the old one faced before dying.

so is an investment property......

I think you are clutching at straws. Rangers have 30,000 people that year on year extend credit to the club on the basis of being able to watch their team on a regular basis, this involves an element of trust that isn't in a Landlord/Tenant arrangement.