Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just had a glance at today's Sunday Times Rich List and Craig Whyte was nowhere to be seen.

Has he had a bad year?

I mean I'm sure he was a billionaire last year, you would think the cretins in the media would have noticed if he was telling porkies. How difficult would it have been to pick up a copy of last years Rich List and notice he wasn't on it. Or even a quick search of Companies House to find the companies he was involved in and that they had very little worth.

And yet Keith Jackson who brought us the news of this billionaire is apparently 'Sports News Writer of the Year'. Clearly not 'Investigative Journalist of the Year'.

The trophy will be hanging off his charm bracelet already no doubt. Hopefully its in 9carat gold to match the rest of his cheap bling.dry.gif

Well done, you prove my point, completely disregard someone's point of view with your bigotry and spout abuse!

I take it you've forgotten that your club went into administration for un paid taxes. Hypocrite!

Pmsl.......!

:lol:

Here are a couple of simple tasks for you, you fucking moron.

1. Demonstrate which precise part of my post to you was bigoted?

2. Please find evidence that Dundee fans physically threatened anyone after their 25 point deduction and ban on registering player. Oh and evidence of any football stadia put under 24 hour police protection after Dundee fans threatened to torch it.

No? Thought not.

PS: I did not completely disregard your point of view. I read it, came to the clear conclusion that you're a Rangers fan without the guts to actually admit to supporting them, and quite justifiably came to the conclusion that your bigot-apologist mewlings (© VT) were a pile of fucking shite and should be regarded as such.

PPS: I notice you completely failed to back up any of your initial bullshit points as well.

Edited by jupe1407

What a bunch of hypocrites and bigots.

Deflect, deflect..

Sniff sniff

What a hypocritical bigoted outlook. Don't cast stones when its your team in the shit. What has Spanish football got to do with this? Still smarting from the fines for bad behaviour in Pamplona and Villareal?

Bluenose without the tractor fare, imo.....

Interesting thought considering I can see NO WAY a CVA can be reached if the reports on the piddling bids on the mighty Gers are to be believed. Not even with Buffalo bill's wild proposals that he dreamed-up watching an episode of E.R. and leaving the "toxic" part to be hammered out................it seems under 10p in the pound even with jiggery-pokery of pretending the debenture holders ain't creditors.

Even if the bids are increased I can't see how a CVA can be agreed in the near future.

With Duff & Phelps suing Collyer Bristow for £25million, and that case not being heard until October, and with the current players having sell on clauses in their new contracts, and the word seems to be that many of them will be moving on, surely that is other sources of income that could be added to the pot.

So why settle for a share of £5million (or less if the Blue Knights get their way) when the pot could be somewhere about £35million at the end of October?

Although if Collyer Bristow lose I would expect them to appeal, appeal, appeal -

So I would think it's either administration for at least a year or liquidation at the end of the season.

Well done, you prove my point, completely disregard someone's point of view with your bigotry and spout abuse!

I take it you've forgotten that your club went into administration for un paid taxes. Hypocrite!

Pmsl.......!

Can you point out what he said defined him as a bigot?

No idea what's going to happen over the next few weeks and months, but all I can hope for is that I'm not on holiday abroad when it happens and I miss all the fun.

I'm now coming round to the view that they will need to stay in administration meantime, but that depends on getting enough money in to pay the basic running costs. A points deduction next season, along with numerous players being "let go", sees them nicely set up for a continued period of martyrdom and indignation that will have Sandy Jardine slavering his chops.

That's a pretty awful prospect, wounded "Bears" travelling to away matches and being taunted by the locals. A recipe for mayhem. It would be safer to kill them off.

Can you point out what he said defined him as a bigot?

After the first line of this twat's post I thought he was talking about the World Famous Rangers Football Club supporters.

Seems like another unsuccessful infiltration by RM. I must admit it is easier to do raging hatred on one of their sites than friendly discussion here. I think we should just ignore him and he will soon go away. :)

Our clubs (and scottish football) need the old firm.

Ok, let's start with the genuine problem. The clubs rely on the OF due to the sponsorship money, they do not need them to survive. This is a very important distinction. There are many arguments as to why we have got to a situation like this, but one of them surely has to be the introduction of television money which has rewarded the successful while those who are not then get stuck in the cycle of investing money in order to make money. Many have tried but it's extremely difficult to break a duopoly who not only have exponentially greater finances but also enjoy a far great level of patronage from those in power and the media in general.

So in a sense you are right, but it does not need to be that way. Many leagues throughout the world survive without the OF in them which lends the "need" argument somewhat redundant.

The following is not an untruth as such, but is certainly open to debate if not definition...

Dunfermline never paid their players and the taxman on time in February, should they be shutdown? Forgotten already the rangers supporters bailed you out?

For a start, what proof do you have that Rangers supporters "bailed them out". It's a wonderfully vague term and on that needs a little clarity. However in it's absence it's fair to say that not only were Dunfermline's problems little to do with the OF (at least not directly) and based on a mix of legacy issues and bad planning but l can't see any particular evidence that they were in any way "bailed out". Feel free to correct me on this as obviously not being a Dunfermline fan I might have missed it.

Now for the complete untruths...

Hearts have been doing it for the past couple of seasons, Celtic (along with every club in Europe) evaded paying tax when they were the first British club to win the European cup. Strip them of their tainted history?

To be pedantic (or even worse, technical), they did not evade tax, at least certainly in the Hearts case. They were late, sure, but they were not evading them. I think you need to go to a dictionary and read what the word evade means and certainly in a legal sense in regard to tax payment.

Rangers set about using a system to specifically avoid pay taxes rather than being late. The intention was never to pay them rather than pay them late. Now you could argue that this tax evasion was considered legal or not, but the truth of the matter is that the powers that be consider that tax was due and this is the state of play at the moment.

Even today, you can visit football grounds up and down the country and you will still find the cash only turnstiles, these are used to pay cash in hand expenses to players and officials to avoid paying tax.

If you are talking about the lower league grounds you might find the odd case of this, but as a whole of Scottish football, this is just an invention at best and shame faced lies at worst.

Barcelona are hundreds of millions in debt, which includes vast amounts of unpaid tax, are we going to call for their demise or is it just the Scottish bigotry disease that is calling for the Rangers scalp?

This is nice, it's like two lies rolled into one. For a start the first part, I'd be very surprised if you had access to Barcelona's accounts however I think you will find that they have not been found guilty in any way of not paying taxes. Secondly the assumption that those calling for punishment of Rangers are somehow sectarian is laughable to say the least. In fact, bare with me which I have a little chuckle to myself. Ok, done. Now in the same way when I thought Celtic were "at it" with their claims the SFA had an agenda against them it wasn't because I am showing sectarian bias, I think Rangers are "at it" by trying to claim the SFA have an agenda against them.

The old firm generate approx £5.5million in ticket sales for the rest of us, we hike up prices when they visit and add to that the amount our towns take when they visit, pubs, hotels, taxis etc.

It would be interesting to see the exact figures for this as I would counter that for my club Rangers bring in no more than any other club in relative terms. Obviously being in Paisley St Mirren will see a greater level of support for Rangers when they come down to play, that is to be expected as we are only a few miles down the road. The same, however, could be argued for Celtic. In terms of actual attendances, Kilmarnock have sold out our new stadium on several occasions, while Rangers never have. Lest we not point out that due to violence and unsocial elements of the Rangers support means we pay out far more for stewarding thanks to Rangers (well to be fair, it is both sides of the OF) than we would should neither team visit.

Let's all laugh at them while we can..

Em.. ok, then... :lol:

Edited by Ric

No idea what's going to happen over the next few weeks and months, but all I can hope for is that I'm not on holiday abroad when it happens and I miss all the fun.

I'm now coming round to the view that they will need to stay in administration meantime, but that depends on getting enough money in to pay the basic running costs. A points deduction next season, along with numerous players being "let go", sees them nicely set up for a continued period of martyrdom and indignation that will have Sandy Jardine slavering his chops.

That's a pretty awful prospect, wounded "Bears" not travelling to away matches and not being taunted by the locals. A recipe for mayhem. It would be safer to kill them off.

Sorted. Remember the boycott and the sanctions. :lol:

Joe M, you must be the same guy who posted on the Elgin FC Messageboard and defended the Bigots on there as well ?

Your views are very misguided and obviously so far removed from reality that can only come from someone living far away from the bigot fest would have - in fact similar to the view of one Berwick fan I've seen.

However, glad that your views are not representative of the vast majority of SFL fans.

So bored of this - anyone who says anything against rangers must be a bigot. For the record, I'm protestant, attend church semi regular and I'm loving seeing Rangers suffer. I dislike Rangers more than Celtic (but only just).

The tiresome knuckle draggers who shout loudest are the ones making it even better for us. Don't you see, were not bigots, we just hate the fact your disgrace of a club has shamed our game and we can't wait to see justice served.

Sorted. Remember the boycott and the sanctions. :lol:

Fair point. :lol:

But bear in mind that there will be locals wearing Rangers regalia in every town in the country, in defiant solidarity. I've seen a few in my home town recently (not Glasgow for the avoidance of doubt), including black/red scarves and replica tops with "54 we don't do walking away". <_<

It's so tempting to pretend that you have Tourette's and shout out "w****r". One day I will be pished and do it and end up with a sore face because I am a wee middle aged guy.

Talking to a very good (tax) insider, Rangers WILL lose the big tax case, but the verdict may not be imminent.

Setting that aside (!) they will not get a CVA through, no chance. HMRC and Ticketus will vote against it.

Forget all you're reading, this will happen.

So they will be liquidated and sold off.

That's not all, they will be an embarrassment to the SPL once the big tax verdict reveals what they've been up to, breaking rules and regulations all over the place. All this prevaricating is only delaying the inevitable; think the administrators know that deep down. There is no way out for them, and the SFA/SPL have a lot of big decisions to make.

Seems to me, hiding them away in Div 3 would be the best option.

The newco could of course buy out another club, maybe Cowdenbeath, and get back to the top flight quicker, but that would be an even bigger stain on their 'history'; the newco wouldn't have one of course.

This story is only going to get bigger, and will go down as one of the most significant landmarks in Scottish football history.

And yes, I'm loving it seeing one of the Old Firm cut down to size.

The Old Firm, fuelled by bigotry, have used Scottish football as their plaything for far too long. All that Dambusters stuff and Irish music, give me a break! The rest of us are sick to the back teeth of it all, and forever being told we need them. We don't.

Forget the TV money in the short term, painful though that might be. Rangers going bust will be one of the best things ever to happen to the Scottish game.

Fair point. :lol:

But bear in mind that there will be locals wearing Rangers regalia in every town in the country, in defiant solidarity. I've seen a few in my home town recently (not Glasgow for the avoidance of doubt), including black/red scarves and replica tops with "54 we don't do walking away". <_<

It's so tempting to pretend that you have Tourette's and shout out "w****r". One day I will be pished and do it and end up with a sore face because I am a wee middle aged guy.

Trouble is they will still be walking around in these threadbare shirts in 20 years time telling themselves "the rangers did not die"; More akinned to Alzheimer's than Tourette's I should think. :) (wee smiley cos we shouldn't laugh at their affliction)