Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Let the celebrations begin :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2V6v6Xa-BI

Mr Kilminster is an honourary rAngers fan through his mum's side of the family( Fraser clan). I'm pissed off that bands I love are connected with ra Peepul, Bruce Dickinson(Maiden), Young brothers (Ac/|Dc) and Lemmy.....

Funny how they've not rushed to help, in fact none of them live in the country so not really surprised......

Great track, dancing shoes ready WHP :thumsup2

Edited by jagfox

Mr Kilminster is an honourary rAngers fan through his mum's side of the family( Fraser clan). I'm pissed off that bands I love are connected with ra Peepul, Bruce Dickinson(Maiden), Young brothers (Ac/|Dc) and Lemmy.....

Funny how they've not rushed to help, in fact none of them live in the country so not really surprised......

Don't tell me. I'm a Fraser (with the christian names of 2 kings of which one is Billy) and I met Lemmy nearly 40 years ago when he was with Hawkwind and drank a bottle of wine with him. Still we are not all perfect and Motorhead kicks ass!

Am I missing something in that Record article? Where is the mention of the appeal on the transfer embargo? Surely the administrators cannot go through with the sale, or rather, the potential new owners will not put a final bid in, until that is resolved.

Something very fishy afoot, as per usual.

I would have thought the tax case(s) would have a bigger impact on any sale.

Apologies if it has been asked before but when is the outcome of those supposed to be known?

I would have thought the tax case(s) would have a bigger impact on any sale.

Apologies if it has been asked before but when is the outcome of those supposed to be known?

Yup, this is the bit that gets me.

Surely there is absolutely no point in attempting to get a CVA through before the Big Tax Case, as a negative outcome for Rangers will simply finish them. The CVA can't go through after the Big Tax Case as if Rangers lose it, HMRC are automatically the biggest creditor by a mile. And they are unlikely in the extreme to accept a CVA proposal of any sort.

Liquidation/Newco is surely the only open route.

The BKs know fine well their bid has no chance of success , they're just trying to cement their place as the people's champions and will be there to restart bigotry FC once it's liquidated hence the smoke screen Hampden march , when they should be marching to David murrays office or all the EBT users , regardless of them being legal or not anyone who took one knew it was a tax dodge.

If all the high earners used it then it's fair to assume Walter used one ,now he's giving it,,,I'm proud to front the RFF....honestly. :blink:

So McCoist doesn't know what his squad will be next season but "we will all be back". How's that, then, Ally? Play them as ringers and hope nobody notices? Actually, yeah - do that, Ally. It'll be fine (pardon the pun).

Series of 3 blogs on the costs, benefits and overall profit/loss from Rangers being in the SPL - hope it makes interesting reading:

Post 1 - the cost of Rangers to Scottish football

post 2 - the amount of money Rangers bring to Scottish football

Post 3 - the overall balancing out of Rangers costs/profits to the SPL

So many holes in all of that.

This for example:

The final impact is not one of football. People travel to see Rangers play. They book hotel rooms. They eat, drink and be merry (or glum, depending on the result). In fact, in 2005 a Strathclyde university study found that the overall impact of the Old Firm on the Scottish Economy was of a benefit of around £70m. Take away Rangers and we would see that benefit drop. This would affect the Scottish economy in a noticeable manner, amplifying all the effects noted above.

Total nonsense. If Rangers didn't exist then that £70 million the Rangers fans spend on travel wouldn't disappear. Those Rangers fans would have £70 million extra money to spend on other leisure activities.

Mate, my brother knows Lemmy and I can assure you he's probably never heard of them, not a big footie fan. Please explain how being a Fraser makes you connected with the rAngers. His dad was a minister does that mean he's a secret lodge memberbiggrin.gif

Great song

From their match report :lol:

Ally McCoist decided to stick with the same line-up that defeated Scottish Cup finalists Hearts 3-0 last Saturday at Tynecastle.

Meanwhile, tainted title winners Celtic made no less than five changes to the side who defeated high flying Motherwell last week

Forgive my ignorance but what the f**k is TUPE? All I've been thinking about is wigs!!

It's a piece of legislation called "Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)". It governs the terms you have to offer existing employees if you take over their employer without buying the shares - for example, when one bank takes over some branches of another. The employees are guaranteed in law to have no worse terms and conditions than before.

So in the case of a newco, if the trade and assets of RFC transferred to the Newco, the players would have to do so on the same terms. Be paid the same...

Anyone see the Green Brigade's display? Say what you like about them (personally I think they are fuds) but they did a classy job of it.

Might be a repost but....

http://www.telegraph...ontroversy.html

The head of HMRC is standing down at the end of the year - the article suggests that this is due to the controversies surrounding the 'sweetheart' deals with the likes of Goldman's and Vodafone.

Interesting time with the announcement of this. This resignation will surely heighten the profile of the Rangers case down in London. There don't appear to be any potential successors mentioned at the present time but it suggests that the current HMRC team and whoever the new successor is, will be toeing a harder line on future high profile cases.

Edited by Skosmos