Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Looks like he probably was just flying a kite with regards to Ibrox. Now ra peeps are delighted at another screwing as long as it doesn't involve their beloved big hoose. As the poster above says, masterful.

Agree with that reading of the Big Hoose 'threat'. After all politicians do it all the time. Threaten armageddon and then the reality is a lot less, so we end up grateful.

Ashley is playing a brilliant game.

Getting Sports Direct involved as the lender is a smart move. He has speculated personally at a minor level (financially), the sort of risky investment Sports Direct would find difficult to justify to its shareholders. But now he gets paid back for risking his money. Meanwhile the Sports Direct guys are in the door understanding the business better preparing for the Sports Direct agreement, and understanding the business risk better.

In the months ahead Sports Direct will take a greater hands on role. To confuse Ashley and Sports Direct is reality but if the SFA accuse Sports Direct of being the same as Mike Ashley their feet won't touch the ground as they are taken to court. Sports Direct is a serious company and has to play things correctly.

http://www.sportsdirectplc.com/investor-relations/corporate-governance.aspxSay they are doing otherwise you would do at your peril.

Sports Direct are about brands and brand value. This is a company that has taken earning per share from 16p in 2010 to 31p per share in 2014. So they build brands and maximize their value. They will do it with Rangers.

The down side for the Rangers fans is they will not allow their brands to be threatened or devalued by repeats of their thuggery and violence. .

So the mobs who wear Rangers strips, follow the team and wreck cities will no longer be tolerated.

http://tinyurl.com/pewalh3

http://tinyurl.com/c6jgbk3

So we will see the typical Rangers support changing gradually as the neds and troublemakers get banned and excluded. Rangers as a brand has an enormous potential without them. With them they have strips which are the equivalent of a Poundies union jack t shirt.
Ok money and business will drive it, but the majority of the population and football generally will support the club in dealing with its distasteful side.

Oh yes, and given Kris Boyd's contribution to the Rangers cause this season, I see no reason why Mike Ashley can't be signed as a player. He will be as mobile as Kris Boyd but his instinct for being in the right place, to confuse the defence totally, and the ball to always land at his feet is fantastic to watch. Give the big man the chance to show the same skills on the park. :lol: :thumsup2

Edited by thelegendthatis

Maybe the best thing for us is not to get promoted, another season with 15,000 crowds would surely be a wake up call to the investors,, that no matter how many loans ashley gives. If the fans are not putting money in. And the playing squad is not strengthend,( players out of contract at the end of this season) they will get no return on their investments, as one investment group have already sold their share...as they have no confidence in the current board...

I'd imagine investors would only put money in if they felt there was a reasonable hope of making some sort of profit on it. No serious investor is going to toss money into The Rangers for purely emotional reasons.

Maybe the best thing for us is not to get promoted, another season with 15,000 crowds would surely be a wake up call to the investors,, that no matter how many loans ashley gives. If the fans are not putting money in. And the playing squad is not strengthend,( players out of contract at the end of this season) they will get no return on their investments, as one investment group have already sold their share...as they have no confidence in the current board...

If Rangers end up playing in an empty stadium the board and Sports Direct could build the type of support they want to have. In other words sometimes you have to clean out the cancer before you can get on with your life. For Armageddon read chemotherapy.

Edited by thelegendthatis

More money, how come nobody ever thought of that? :1eye

Walter says...

"I haven't missed the Old Firm game but Scottish Football has. "

Cannae do them on my phone, so could someone supply my post with appropriate Smilies please?

Three "car crashes" I'm looking forward to in the next few months : 1, ongoing downwards spiral of The The Rangers, 2, off-the-cliff plunge of Labour in Scotland and the Lib-Dems generally in May, and 3, comedy drama that will be the Greece-EU argument over bail-outs (see similarities with 1, above), preceeded by the upcoming game between the ugly sisters. I'm caught between two stools (like a man on a dug-shit covered path) on what to do on Sunday, watch it safely in the house with a bottle of claret, or head for a pub, being obviously a neutral, dressed all in black or grey, and watch there but make sure to keep an open channel to the nearest door in case it kicks off.

Great Idea

Three "car crashes" I'm looking forward to in the next few months : 1, ongoing downwards spiral of The The Rangers, 2, off-the-cliff plunge of Labour in Scotland and the Lib-Dems generally in May, and 3, comedy drama that will be the Greece-EU argument over bail-outs (see similarities with 1, above), preceeded by the upcoming game between the ugly sisters. I'm caught between two stools (like a man on a dug-shit covered path) on what to do on Sunday, watch it safely in the house with a bottle of claret, or head for a pub, being obviously a neutral, dressed all in black or grey, and watch there but make sure to keep an open channel to the nearest door in case it kicks off.

Four car crashes - our appearance in the relegation playoff. Shit, five car crashes - the possible sale to an Argentinian consortium. Bollocks, six car crashes - this transfer window. Feck' seven car crashes - Our central defensive partnership....

Four car crashes - our appearance in the relegation playoff. Shit, five car crashes - the possible sale to an Argentinian consortium. Bollocks, six car crashes - this transfer window. Feck' seven car crashes - Our central defensive partnership....

Eff off, you're supposed to be Poz-itive.

Has anyone ever proposed the revolutionary and controversial idea of "Rangers" not spending any more money than they take in?

Not sure it will catch on tbh.

Not going to happen, onerous contracts are set up so that Rangers ................

You can probably work out the rest.

Let me get my head round this

Rangers owe Ashley £3 million

Rangers borrow £5 million from Ashley and pay him back £3 million

Rangers have £2 million left

Ashley has everything sown up

Rangers need to make pay-roll and NI payments on Thursday out of the £2 million left

Rangers need to trade through the rest of the season on whats left of the £2 million, whilst losing money hand over fist month after month.

Admin very soon I think, with Ashley keeping the assets

Let me get my head round this

Rangers owe Ashley £3 million

Rangers borrow £5 million from Ashley and pay him back £3 million

Rangers have £2 million left

Ashley has everything sown up

Rangers need to make pay-roll and NI payments on Thursday out of the £2 million left

Rangers need to trade through the rest of the season on whats left of the £2 million, whilst losing money hand over fist month after month.

Admin very soon I think, with Ashley keeping the assets

big mike is well thought off i see.he must be shitting it.NOT

We have considered the views of many fans regarding action against Sports Direct. After to today's announcement we would be surprised if any self respecting Rangers fans spent money in his shops.

Stopping him taking others money is a priority and as such we shall be starting a series of action to do this very soon.

To hit his pocket via a series of actions nationally would not go amiss and as should be possible.

What i suggest we do is set up a national network of Sons of Struth branches to coordinate future actions and as such would request as many as possible join us and those willing to coordinate from a local level can contact us to offer their services.

As usual any action from SoS will be legal and non threatening to any staff or customers

http://www.sonsofstruth.co.uk/join-sos.html