Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye It's a really tough gig at the moment, there's very little available to argue back with on these pages in the current situation against an overwhelming majority who want to see us finished completely.

Just when you think we can't fall any further we somehow do our level best to give you more easy ammunition. Resilience is tested to the core, it would with any football fan.

I still firmly believe however we will eventually turn the corner, unite the support and take our club back. It could take another 5 years maybe 10 but I ain't going anywhere in the meantime.

The fantastic support at Ibrox on Sunday for Ricksen showed we can still pull together, it's not too late to have a real go at it again. No one's going to do it for us.

No, indeed.

I think we have more pressing concerns at present that what opposing supporters will be chanting over the coming years. What's happened is gone now, why waste effort on something we cannot change. The whole new/dead/history etc.. argument seems more of a priority for our detractors. Let them get on with it. I've never once sat in the pub and said 'right lads are we sure we're still the same club eh'? or ' do you remember the first double winning year of 1928'?

As you say, its setting the foundations again and building from there. I and thousands of other Bears would be happy to do just that and rid the club from those that are damaging the prospects of our future the most.

Why do you care so much about Sevco??

Your old club is dead. Why are you all so keen to attach yourselves the abortion that is currently based at Ibrox??!?

Through all of this, that's the part I really don't get.

I'm still convinced that the American boy was only there as a diversion, while Mike's legal men sorted out the finer detail of all that has happened in the background. Even the stooshie over Ibrox seems to have been a diversion.

Mike Ashley has turned Rangers into Slazenger, and every other distressed brand that he bought into, brought down, took over, and will whore out for every penny it can bring him. I wouldn't even be surprised it he has used Rangers as a guinea pig in football terms. He pretty much owns the intellectual property rights. The name, the badge, and dare I say it the rights to commemorate their history. Will the fans walk away? Will they start their own club? Will they continue to pay him a dividend on absolutely everything that relates to Rangers and can be bought in a shop?

Never thought I'd see the word "intellectual" in connection with Rangers :D

Not too clear on the business speak so can anyone clear it up? Specifically, what's the deal with the £1.6m dividend and where does that cash come from (or is it a paper exercise) and what does the due diligence thing mean with regards to the second tranche of £5m? Does this all mean Ashley Sports Direct got their hands on everything bar Ibrox for £2m and don't even have to pony up the remaining £5m if they don't fancy it?

Also, what about the two more directors for the duration of the loan, any significance in that?

Not too clear on the business speak so can anyone clear it up? Specifically, what's the deal with the £1.6m dividend and where does that cash come from (or is it a paper exercise) and what does the due diligence thing mean with regards to the second tranche of £5m? Does this all mean Ashley Sports Direct got their hands on everything bar Ibrox for £2m and don't even have to pony up the remaining £5m if they don't fancy it?

Also, what about the two more directors for the duration of the loan, any significance in that?

the 1.6 mill is the first of the sd/ashley profit i guess. The next 5 will indeed only be if sd/ashley think the club can/will pay it back. Not sure about 2 more directors, i took it to be a protection of the 2 he has already.

As for feb pay, unless players leave voluntarily, that will need paid through further loans or a rise in incone i guess.

Why do you care so much about Sevco??

Your old club is dead. Why are you all so keen to attach yourselves the abortion that is currently based at Ibrox??!?

Through all of this, that's the part I really don't get.

It's an often repeated quote ''we do not choose, we are chosen, those that don't understand don't matter, those that understand need no explanation''!!

I am sure you would feel exactly the same if it was your club, Kilmarnock? You can't just switch off something that has played such a huge part in your life. The good stuff and the bad. Particular games, results, players, goals, experiences on far flung away trips, lifelong friends you've met along the way etc.. For the most part its been an incredible journey, not even the shambles of the last 3 years at the club can diminish it.

Edited by RedRob72

Basically as follows:

Ashley loans £5m. There is a facility for another £5m "subject to due diligence". He gets security over all assets of the business other than Ibrox (which in an insolvency event is useless without all the other assets)

£3m is immediately returned as repayment of the last loan.

He then receives £1.6m back via dividends.

So, in other words, he has spent £400k to get everything worth having. Lock, stock and barrel. And that is before taking into account the income from shirt sponsorship from 2017 onwards that is a sweetener to Ashley.

This is breath-taking to watch. A true master at work

the 1.6 mill is the first of the sd/ashley profit i guess. The next 5 will indeed only be if sd/ashley think the club can/will pay it back. Not sure about 2 more directors, i took it to be a protection of the 2 he has already.

As for feb pay, unless players leave voluntarily, that will need paid through further loans or a rise in incone i guess.

Cheers.

The bold bit - I took it as 2 new directors as the BBC are reporting they will be chosen by Sports Direct (the current two were chosen by MA/what ever his company is called) and they are only on the board for the duration of the loan, I wouldn't think he wants the current two removed if/when the loan is paid back.

Cheers.

The bold bit - I took it as 2 new directors as the BBC are reporting they will be chosen by Sports Direct (the current two were chosen by MA/what ever his company is called) and they are only on the board for the duration of the loan, I wouldn't think he wants the current two removed if/when the loan is paid back.

Llambias and Leech were pretty much untouchable anyway - there was no way Ashley would have allowed them to be voted out. I suppose this just gives him even more security at boardroom level.

It's an often repeated quote ''we do not choose, we are chosen, those that don't understand don't matter, those that understand need no explanation''!!

I am sure you would feel exactly the same if it was your club, Kilmarnock? You can't just switch off something that has played such a huge part in your life. The good stuff and the bad. Particular games, results, players, goals, experiences on far flung away trips, lifelong friends you've met along the way etc.. For the most part its been an incredible journey, not even the shambles of the last 3 years at the club can diminish it.

...And when you're dealing with people that take bollox like that even semi-seriously, it's no wonder every shyster and crook around is queuing up to empty your pockets.

If Killie died? There would be a large part of my life (certainly my footballing life that was gone forever. Also, it would be just one more nail in the coffin of what used to be a thriving community. There is where our feelings on the matter diverge,. For reasonable people, dead means dead. Sure, a new club might arise and travel, over a long time, back to the senior leagues, but they would never have the cheek to lay claim to the trophies won by Kilmarnock. They would never claim to be Scotland's oldest professional club. And, to me (and I'm sure a large percentage of fans), they would never be Killie.

I am sure you would feel exactly the same if it was your club, Kilmarnock? You can't just switch off something that has played such a huge part in your life. The good stuff and the bad. Particular games, results, players, goals, experiences on far flung away trips, lifelong friends you've met along the way etc.. For the most part its been an incredible journey, not even the shambles of the last 3 years at the club can diminish it. We are the people!

:1eye

If Killie were liquidated I would regretfully have to deal with that reality. I might even give my support to a new, fan led club, risen from the ashes.

Then again Kilmarnock FC is just a Football Club, not an ethereal entity, existing outside of time and space, that can be neither destroyed, nor consistently defined.

A (partial) reminder of an earlier post given further credence by Ashleys' latest move:

The Ashley Model:

This Essex boi is a no nonesense, my way or the highway, corporate crocodile. Massive smile, bigger teeth.

Yes, he is a money maker. No he isn't a "rangers man", in fact, as he has said himself, he is barely a "football" man (other than his support of Newcastle of course). But, he knows how to make something make money and for TIRFC, as an AIM listed Company, that is where the potential for success lies.

No doubt Ashley sees profit, personal profit, in dragging this entity into the future as something resembling a sustainable football club, albeit at some initial cost to himself. However his "credentials" in the markets are, frankly, stratospherically more credible than Kings' and are therfore more likely to be able to convince the brokers and institutions to climb aboard at some point in the future, allowing him to reduce his own exposure over time.

Sustainability. Over time. At DOMESTIC level.

That's the new world Berrz. It's where reality lies in all honesty.

Mike Ashley is tying up the commercial package quite effectively. Should the Bears all go off on a boycott of merchandise he simply pulls the plug - properly this time, no favourable Administrator. The only buyers at that point would be T3B, King or a Sarver type. The price tag for getting all of that back will be eye watering even to them.

Or...

The bears have their tantrum, go to their room and, when they've all calmed down, find that Ashley is setting them up to be of a suitable Scottish Premier League standard outfit. Competing on a much lower fiscal platform but still competing with Celtic/Aberdeen/Hearts/Dundee Utd etc. The "Direct" (sorry) result of that being the continued puchasing of the merchandise from the easy-to-please brigade more than making up for the we deserve better brigade.

One other thought...

Ashley could also consider that the commercial tie ups are sufficient and allow the likes of T3B to join the board and let them use their money to fund the playing side of the operation. No risk to him financially that way, and lets, perceived, "Rangers Men" to bring the on-field success that will help drive his retail profits.

Rangers were all about success at any cost in the past after all.

How's that bill looking now Berrz?

:1eye

If Killie were liquidated I would regretfully have to deal with that reality. I might even give my support to a new, fan led club, risen from the ashes.

Then again Kilmarnock FC is just a Football Club, not an ethereal entity, existing outside of time and space, that can be neither destroyed, nor consistently defined.

Obviously not in the same league as...oh, aye, wait a minute, we know that. Carry on.