Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As usual we can only guess at the intentions of Mike Ashley and Sports Direct. However, despite the loan, there is very little to suggest that the club is moving forward in any shape or form.

So, initially there is a £5million tranch secured against pretty much everything apart from Ibrox and has drastically increased Ashleys grip on the retail arm. That'll pay back the initial loan and probably cover the bills for another month.

The bottom line is that if Dave King and the three bears want control of Rangers then the amount of up front cash required to take it from Ashley just increased drastically.

Failure to get promoted, an incredible but increasingly likely possibility, could be the final nail.

I don't even think Ashley himself thought it would be this easy. He has the club where he wants them, and I doubt it'll be long before something gives and he makes his move.

They should've taken that American boy's money when it was there.

Technically I think this loan is Sports Direct, the last one was from Ashley personally, but I'm not sure.

Loans from different companies/sources with the same owner, where have I heard that before...

Ah, right. So it's like going to a mate, asking for a loan of fifty quid, which he gives you from his current account, then a month later, instead of paying it back, you ask him for a loan of a hundred quid - but you want him to use his joint account with the missus'.

Makes sense now.

27 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

£10m Credit Facility and associated transfer of 26% of Rangers Retail Limited

The Board of Rangers announces that Rangers Football Club Limited ("the Club") has entered in to agreements with SportsDirect.com Retail Limited and associated companies ("SD"), to provide a long term on-going credit facility of up to £10m (the "Facility").

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

WH Ireland Limited

Tel: 020 7220 1666

Adrian Hadden / Paul Shackleton

Newgate Threadneedle

Tel: 020 7148 6143

Roddy Watt / Ed Treadwell

So an admission that the club is a company. Incorporated as Sevco Scotland Limited on 29/05/12, changed name to current name on 31/7/12.

So much for 140 year, going strong, same club, etc.

This loan solves the immediate problem, but what about the long-term strategy?

Oh yes, it's "allowing the Company time to arrange permanent capital which can be used for strengthening the playing squad."

So another share issue, This time you'll be asked to "invest" in buying players for a second-tier team with no manager, no scouting network, and a dismal record of financial mis-management. Don't all rush at once.

Seems to me the fans of Sevco Scotland - the club, the company, the holding company, the ethereal entity that cannot die, even if a stake was plunged through its' heart weilded by Christopher Lee reeking of garlic and wearing a sellik' tap'.... have had a problem. That problem was where to focus all their anger and frustration. Sir Minty? Sir Craigie of Whyte? Charlie 'hospital bed' Green? The Krays? The spivs in general? The SFA? The rest of Scottish football?

It also seems they want Ashley to fcuk - surely now they can get together, the Sons of Struth, The Blue Order, the myriad of groups - and organise a complete across the board boycott of buying The Sevco merchandise, and a general boycott of buying their trainers and shellsuits from Sports Direct? It will be tough for them to go cold turkey without that cheap polyester fix, but if they dig deep, they can do it.

Sports Direct guys - hit em' hard. Do it. Now.

I don't even think Ashley himself thought it would be this easy. He has the club where he wants them, and I doubt it'll be long before something gives and he makes his move.

They should've taken that American boy's money when it was there.

I'm still convinced that the American boy was only there as a diversion, while Mike's legal men sorted out the finer detail of all that has happened in the background. Even the stooshie over Ibrox seems to have been a diversion.

Mike Ashley has turned Rangers into Slazenger, and every other distressed brand that he bought into, brought down, took over, and will whore out for every penny it can bring him. I wouldn't even be surprised it he has used Rangers as a guinea pig in football terms. He pretty much owns the intellectual property rights. The name, the badge, and dare I say it the rights to commemorate their history. Will the fans walk away? Will they start their own club? Will they continue to pay him a dividend on absolutely everything that relates to Rangers and can be bought in a shop?