Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Seems Collymore was right ... sectarian bigots.

Lets hope the club gets hammered ...

In the same way your own club is dealt with every time they strike up their own repertoire of offensive songs at the game eh? Fair enough!

Our Stanley seems rather selective on this point though no?

They're turning on each other!

The H word is more on a par with the word that rhymes with Greenyin. I agree with AB that using Greenyin is far worse than calling a plastic irishman a plastic

Greenyins has been used for awhile on here with no problem. Now suddenly a completely harmless phrase is causing all sorts of outrage.

How in the name of Larry the Lamb is Greenyin bigoted?

It doesn't rhyme with the three letter T word for starters!

I thought it was yin as in one, or person like big yin.

A Rangers fan would be a Blue yin, etc.

Sounds awfa like feeinyin(sp) to me. :unsure:

Edited by AberdeenBud

Sounds awfa like feeinyin(sp) to me. :unsure:

It just shows you how out the loop I am on this bigotry thing!

I'd completely forgot about the F word being used.

Well if that's why Greenyin is used then I've got to agree with No8. Bennett, if you think that's acceptable then Thats pretty disgusting.

So it's not rhyming slang for the F word?

This is a whole plate of worms!

That's what I was saying, I'm totally unsure in this OF race to be offended minefield?

But, if in doubt leave it out, normally works for me and "greenyin" does seem along the same lines as "currant".

Edited by AberdeenBud

Are we back onto the fake offended pish now are we ?

Grow up fur fux sake !

It's one long borefest Zzzzzzz, far too many column inches and airtime spent on this rubbish. Our Moral Guardian's time and attention could be much better spent elsewhere.

When I first saw the phrase 'greenyin' used on here, the rhyming slang connotations didn't register with me.

They later did though, and it's clearly used in the same way that currant is. It's a mangled contorted contraction that is obviously employed as a means of using a term deemed offensive, without actually using it.

Please, let's not have anyone trying to genuinely claim otherwise.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Seems Collymore was right ... sectarian bigots.

Let's hope the club gets hammered ...

The reporting of them is mere lip service.

In any case, they have a ready-made defence. They were let off very recently, on the basis that the club couldnt do any more, so the defence would be - just what more are they expected to do in the space of a few days?

Authorities have made a rod for their own back with their previous shitebaggery.

Sectarian or not, it is hugely cringeworthy that at a football game in 2015 this (and related) shite is still being sung.

Edited by Richie

Are we back onto the fake offended pish now are we ?

Grow up fur fux sake !

They can't grow up, the race to offend and be offended is what both supports use to define and measure themselves. It's the worlds ugliest, never ever ever ending merry go round. The rest of us can only watch and cringe. Two disgusting cancerous organisations.

It's just typical West of Scotland p*sh and isn't even worthy of media attention to be honest. Who really gives a flying f*ck !

I don't go along with this to be honest.

Of course the race to be offended exists and gets petty, silly and about scoring points.

This doesn't mean we should just accept the projection of such ugly, divisive sentiment though. It's a laissez faire attitude that allows it to flourish and normalises it. It's not normal and needs challenged.

Point deductions is the only way it can dealt with, an award of 0-3 to Raith last night and the same for any similar airing of the UEFA sanctioned anti Irish/Catholic racist party tunes. Long long overdue. But what an own goal by the vermin, Mr Collymore vindicated fully. Hope he continues to expose the Shame.

Point deductions is the only way it can dealt with, an award of 0-3 to Raith last night and the same for any similar airing of the UEFA sanctioned anti Irish/Catholic racist party tunes. Long long overdue. But what an own goal by the vermin, Mr Collymore vindicated fully. Hope he continues to expose the Shame.

Points deductions for this might be appropriate and would certainly be more likely to bring about behavioural changes than most other sanctions.

Raith were not especially a wronged party though, so awarding them points would not be fair on the sides Raith are competing with.

Edited by Monkey Tennis