Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

His 'back story' is he has already shown he s willing to invest millions of his own money to help the Rangers cause

He said he would invest on day 1

Still waiting....

Utter nonsense. Dave King said in the interview they are aiming to balance the books within three years.

They NEED to overspend ....their money...to get the infrastructure in place at the club due to the gross mismanagement by previous boards. A new scouting network...improved youth academy...new management team..15 new players...general tidy up at stadium.

His 'back story' is he has already shown he s willing to invest millions of his own money to help the Rangers cause

Aw don't you start. I genuinely thought you had more sense that that.

The overspend talk was all to do with "competing comfortably in" (ie winning) the Championship, before becoming "competitive" in the Premier.

His back story is very much more colourful than you wish to suggest here, but of course you already know that.

I don't hold with the line that this means Rangers are again doomed, but there was little to suggest real hope either. You could do to develop the odd critical faculty.

A new scouting network...improved youth academy...new management team..15 new players...general tidy up at stadium.

:lol:

This could have been lifted straight out of Rangers media.

Absolutely crazy approach to running a club/company. It's cool though, King will put in squillions.

If Sevco was a dog, you'd 'do the kind thing'.

Utter nonsense. Dave King said in the interview they are aiming to balance the books within three years.

They NEED to overspend ....their money...to get the infrastructure in place at the club due to the gross mismanagement by previous boards. A new scouting network...improved youth academy...new management team..15 new players...general tidy up at stadium.

You'll never learn so I don't know why we all try, but just as you jump on Dave's big fantasy train of make-believe, just consider this.

What other club has under-utilised such an impressive piece of developmental infrastructure as Murray Park, and continues to do so year on year while spending dead money on some truly appalling players? And what support simply neglects this blatant fact, so desperate are they to see the big names on the team sheet week in, week out?

And what club tries so desperately to hold on to such underutilised infrastructure? If this was my club - not just now, but for a decade or more - I would be infuriated that it has produced so few players of note. That is where the investment should be going if The Rangers want to be sustainable; but we all know it never will.

... due to the gross mismanagement by previous boards. ..

It's always the previous board's/boards' fault, isn't it? When King rides off into the sunset with your money and some other crook takes over, you'll be saying the same thing again. "It's all Dave King's fault. But the new man is one of us."

May I just say

Chairman in asking fans to buy ST shocker.....

Carry on.

I would have thought the lies he's told so far would be of a big concern to you.

Would invest on day 1. Still waiting

:lol:

Are the Sevconians on here actually serious about believing in Dave King, or is it just their Billy Big Baws attitude that's preventing them from publicly accepting reality?

Cool. I want AC/DC with Bon Scott, Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott and Led Zep' with John Bonham. £90... Bargain. Looking forward to the Falkirk Minty Mooonbeams Festival.

I'm in negotiations with 5 acts at the moment, so watch this space.

I'll be competing with T in the Park in a couple of years time, which will take many millions (I have these millions too of course, but you will feel much better about things if you contribute some first all )

To ensure my fledgling company is able to compete and indeed dominate T in the Park in a couple of years time it's important that this concert is a big success. So I you will be overinvesting in the event.

Absolutely nothing I heard yesterday concerned me in the slightest.

What I have read on this thread over the past day has amused me.

So you're not bothered he hasn't kept his promises since taken over?

Very good.

Kingy :-

"Ultimately I’m going to be judged – and quite rightly so – by whether I deliver on my statement of intent. It’s not a promise, because one cannot make a promise like that. But the statement of intent is that we are taking it very seriously and going to provide the funds. If I stop providing the funds then the fans can come and say ‘You let me down’."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

The reports I read say it was, yes a loan, what other method is there of putting money into Rangers right now?

Does it have a repayment date? If not, it's a gift. That's the The Rangers way of thinking.

Wasn't the point of having players like McCullough, Daly and Shiels in the third division was so they didn't have to spend more money on players when if they go up to the top league?

Rangers should cap wages to £2k-£3k a skull and tell players to f**k off if they want more.

I believe it was reported that it will be repaid in the form of equity.

1) "The parties providing these loans have advised that they intend to convert them to equity when the opportunity arises."

2) "These loans will provide the company with time to deliver a longer-term funding strategy.

"Longer-term funding strategy" = Season ticket money from ra berzz.