Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

With the loyal hordes waiting for the names and addresses to be "clarified" publicly there is no chance of the sanctions being sustained never mind increased and who can blame them? It will take someone from outwith oor wee cesspit to do the right thing.

You really wouldn't want to be in the position of those charged with the responsiblity of making this decision.

I've heard the position of the other SPL clubs described as being 'between a rock and a hard place' (horse's mouth), but I think they might want to spare a thought for the people who have to make a ruling on this appeal.

If they ratify the tribunal decision, Rangers, their supporters, and the spineless handmaidens in the media look out their torches and pitchforks.

Reduce the penalties, and all right-thinking observers will deem the SFA to be so lacking in credibility, integrity, and authority, as to render the organisation an acquiescent poodle.

Increase the penalties? Laugh? I nearly soiled myself.

TBH, I reckon the best they could do (from their perspective) is to reduce the financial penalty but keep the transfer embargo in place. As it happens, I don't think this will happen. I fear the transfer embargo will be wiped altogether. If this happens, well....football as a sport in this country is as good as dead.

Edit: typos

Edited by Drooper

When the time comes for the newco to buy all of the "oldco" assets I do hope Steve Brown swoops in, outbids them, and buys the history of titles and cups since it's that easy to pass achievements onto a new team that has hee haw to do with the old one. It'll also shut the St Mirren fans right up on here, St Johnstone would suddenly become the most successfull club in Scottish football and all for only a few quid.

You know as well I do that it will all more than likely get dodged quite easily.

I thought so at the beginning - because of so many other football clubs seemingly using administrtion as a joker card with only a bit of short-term pain involved. I no longer think so. This Rangers administration is off-the-scale twisted. They are limping to the finish line of this season, after that I see no way they can act as if it were all a bad dream.

Edited by pozbaird

I thought so at the beginning - because of so many other football clubs seemingly using administrtion as a joker card with only a bit of short-term pain involved. I no longer think so. This Rangers administration is off-the-scale twisted. They are limping to the finish line of this season, after that I see no way they can act as if it were all a bad dream.

Ally does Dallas? :ph34r:

When the time comes for the newco to buy all of the "oldco" assets I do hope Steve Brown swoops in, outbids them, and buys the history of titles and cups since it's that easy to pass achievements onto a new team that has hee haw to do with the old one. It'll also shut the St Mirren fans right up on here, St Johnstone would suddenly become the most successfull club in Scottish football and all for only a few quid.

Mentally unstable.

With the loyal hordes waiting for the names and addresses to be "clarified" publicly there is no chance of the sanctions being sustained never mind increased and who can blame them? It will take someone from outwith oor wee cesspit to do the right thing.

how funny would it be if they increased their sanctions?!

I thought recently it was looking like they would hit with some decent punishment but over the last week im all the more convinced we are all going to be truly shafted.

Is it really? :rolleyes:

That's twice you have defended this joker. With wee snidey comments.

What about his exclusive scoop you were all waiting on? ........... Still waiting :rolleyes:

The guy has made a complete and utter tit out of himself over this whole affair and those who hang on his every word are just as bad.

What has his lack of exclusives got to do with his political/religious leanings, which you were so quick to focus on.

I wasnt defending Thomson, merely deriding you :)

I don't think this has been posted here - gloomy predictions from a contributor on the Scots Law blog:

(ETA - the smileys are not in the original, can't get rid of them on my phone).

Regrettably, what will happen in my opinion is this…

1) rangers 1872 will form a new company say rangers 2012 (‘incubator’)and transfer its SPL share (each club has 1 share in the SPL)

2) Duff and Phelps as administrators will sell the ‘Goodwill’ or ‘intellectual property’ of the old club to the new club, probably for a nominal sum. That includes its History of trophy’s leagues etc.

3) The old company will try and exit administration via a CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement) by way of offering its creditors a ‘pennies in the pound’ deal.

4) HMRC will NOT settle for 10-15p/£ they will press for upwards of 50p.

5) If the big tax case goes against rangers HMRC (and Ticketus who are owed £27 Million ) will BLOCK a cva. Result of that will ensure rfc 1872 is liquidated.

6) Rfc 2012 will continue in the SPL as if nothing happened, with minimal sanctions as there is no sanctions available under the current articles of association. The spineless directors who adjourned Monday’s meeting will reconvene next week and pass new rules for clubs getting in a mess in the ‘future’. This against a backdrop of intimidation and fear not to mention nepotism.

7) Rfc 2012 will offer shares to the mass of orcs and buy large!….result will be that they’re still up there competing against Celtic. Meanwhile Dunfermline who have been financially prudent all season (closing stands to save money) will be relegated…hence the uproar about footballing integrity, both moral and sporting.

8) Whyte who has a floating charge over ALL assets as it was assigned to him from Lloyds TSB when he settled the overdraft using Ticketus money. He will either sell to rfc 2012 over a period for many millions or transfer the assets and remain a major shareholder in the new company. Once on their feet he can sell his shareholding…assets restored, whyte walks with Millions…win win.

9) Ticketus may try and block deal, but Lord Hodge has observed that they are a normal creditor and should be treated as such. An observation NOT a ruling as he had insufficient time and information to make a proper judgement. Ticketus will pursue Whyte separately (which will take years)

10) SFA meanwhile will uphold partial sanctions (maybe 6 m ban on transfers suspended to see if they pay the outstanding money on players at present) and the semi-derisory fine of £160,000 will be halved.

11) UEFA will ban rfc 2012 from Europe for 1 (maybe 3) years.

12) SPL will rule that rfc 1872 broke the rules using EBT’s and may or may not strip them of trophies. It won’t matter as rfc 1872 is in liquidation.

13) Domestic and European clubs who were damaged with their cheating will desist from pursuing rfc 1872 for damages as they are in liquidation

Summary

1) The rangers fans will claim a seamless history despite rfc 2012 having a new company number. (You can change names to the cows come home but it is the number which is important. Celtic FC have had the name number registered at companies house since 1887).

2) The creditors will be stiffed big style including HMRC and Ticketus.

3) Business as usual for SPL

4) Business as usual for SFA

5) Duff and Phelps will be lauded as geniuses and can take their seats at Ibrox whenever they want…despite the Police warning them that it was unsafe at a recent league match….our old friend Intimidation again!

6) UEFA may make some noises under financial fair play rules (STILL TO BE INTRODUCED)but will let domestic association deal with it all.

7) Due to intimidation, threats, aggressive posturing rfc have essentially got their way….the authorities have capitulated.

8) David Murray absolved…indeed not even questioned.

9) Whyte seen to be playing ball will be left alone as his actions will have been vindicated…semi heroic status conferred.

10) The establishment club saved.

11) Bigger than usual party in Stirling on July 7th 2012……a real ‘we arra peepil celebration’….confirmed by the actions of all involved.

I personally, will not so much as watch another football match in Scotland let alone spend money to go and see one. There will be many like me…for a short while, then normal service will be resumed.

A couple of flaws with that I think.

If the SPL membership is transferred to the newco then any football punishments, due to the actions of the oldco, could still be applied to the newco.

On Murray and Whyte, if the oldco is liquidated then there will be a more in depth investigation into the goings on at the oldco. Hard to see how either could simply walk away from that

Far be it for me to question these legal experts, but it strikes me that if companies (not just football clubs) could avoid their financial obligations in this way whilst maintaining their public profile it would be far more widespread. Particularly companies that only had to worry about company law and did not have the added pressure of working under regulatory bodies (i.e. SFA, SPL, UEFA).

My instinct is that there are flaws in Bill Miller's plans and these will become quickly apparent.

Anyway the idea of ownership of Rangers going from someone like Craig Whyte to someone like Bill Miller should fill the h**s with dread.

It does seem like what Miller is proposing is not only legal but, relatively, commonplace - outwith football of course. It seems the confusion has come from his terminology, which no-one understands!

This Scots 'lawyer' raises some interesting points but on the subject of law you maybe want to take what he says with a pinch of salt as the guy who writes it has been suspended(see link).

http://www.lawscot.org.uk/news/press-releases/2010/september/news_20100902

He's got a lot more right on his blog than wrong.

Besides, it wasnt him that made those points, it was someone commenting on his blog

Actually the only thing to stop Rangers coming out relatively unscathed is the stubbornness of their fans by refusing a newco and backing Millers bid.

The support of the Blue Knights from the Follow Follow types does seem a bit like the "Archibald for Airdrie" stuff from Section B at times. I'm not totally convinced Miller is for real though. Could be a decoy bid being used by the administrators to apply pressure when needed on various parties. "The put up or shut up" stuff sounded more like what the administrators would say than a bidder.

My money is on the SFA sanctions being upheld. No increase, no decrease, ratified as before. Maybe, just maybe, a reduction in the fines, because in Rangers case, what good are imposing fines anyway? I think McCoist & Jardine have had their 'pitchfork' moment - I think they know inside thenselves that liquidation is coming, and some of the noises they have made seem to be preparing their supporters for the same.

Tick tock indeed.

My money is on the SFA sanctions being upheld. No increase, no decrease, ratified as before. Maybe, just maybe, a reduction in the fines, because in Rangers case, what good are imposing fines anyway? I think McCoist & Jardine have had their 'pitchfork' moment - I think they know inside thenselves that liquidation is coming, and some of the noises they have made seem to be preparing their supporters for the same.

Tick tock indeed.

Well, they only got 'censured' on 2 of the charges including the non-payment to DUFC for the cup tie. If that'd been anybody else, they'd have been banned from the Scottish cup next season.

Get the punishments upped appeals board (in my wet dreams :D )

Fixed for you :rolleyes: but still a good point, worst admin in the world !

What was the problem? How do you know he didn't chuck them in the recycling bin? When I take cardboard to be recycled, I go to the dump. Technicall I should say I am going to the Dawsholm recycling and waste management centre.

Back on topic - I sincerely hope that Rangers end up in the landfill, as opposed to the recycling.

What was the problem? How do you know he didn't chuck them in the recycling bin? When I take cardboard to be recycled, I go to the dump. Technicall I should say I am going to the Dawsholm recycling and waste management centre.

Back on topic - I sincerely hope that Rangers end up in the landfill, as opposed to the recycling.

I go to the dump, too, whether the stuff is being recycled or landfilled. I'm not even sure what is the correct name of our recycling facility.

2nd paragraph - biggrin.gif

Fair enough. My point is that he is clearly biased but at least he bothers to raise issues that the MSM either don't want to or are incapable of. I gues if he was a pukka, dosh earning lawyer he wouldn't be messing around with a blog but he has been one of the non-mainstream commentators that has given this story legs from the beginning. 10-20 years ago it would have all been sorted out of the public gaze. More power to bloggers and forums!

The fact that he's gone bankrupt surely makes him more qualified to discuss Rangers rather than less. For what it's worth he claims to follow Albion Rovers.

1336038875[/url]' post='6197704']

11am staff meeting at Ibrox being tweeted by several media sources. Miller to be announced as preferred bidder...

Hello, hello, they are the hill billy boys.

Do we now get a rush of positive publicity from the succulent lamb brigade before he pulls out, citing fan opposition?