Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yup. His 500k pays the administrators costs only I'd guess.

ah, so its safe to assume the next few weeks his own team of legal eagles will finally be able to have a good dig around. I doubt for one second that everything has been made as transparent, despite calls from Ibrox about everyone else being so, as would suit any investor.

Im sure the 500k will be in a bond sort of arrangement, may even be the 'newco' that has been touted first balance.

Miller obviously believes there is light at the end of the tunnel, but i still wouldn't be too hopeful as a Rangers supporter that he may pull the plug at any time.

At least being in in the States if he does decide to run away he is slightly safer from death threats than investor that gets involved in this country.

3. Mute point. The fans will insist it does. As far as everyone else is concerned, its irrelevant

I thought at first you meant a moot point, but realised it's probably because what's going on has left you speechless. But what has an animal with big floppy ears and a trunk have to do with it, unless you mean the business over the "history" is the irrelevant in the room?

As I've said before, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a ruddy duck, and I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Rangers will be the same fetid bilge water in new bottles, anyone saying otherwise is just being childish.

Of course, the real fun will start when liquidation finally does come and the battle breaks out between competing factions over who gets to start up the "new Rangers" - it'll be like the 57 varieties of Bay City Rollers! :lol:

In real life, the bad guys always win sad.gif

You mean like World War 2? Like Hearts stuffing Rangers in the year of Walter's first retirement when it was his "right" to win the Scottish Cup one last time?

We who will laugh last, will laugh best and longest. Keep the faith!

They may have done this deal on Macciavelli's birthday, but these muppets aren't in the same league.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

So Miller gets a chance to cut open the apple to see what the rotten core looks like - I'd run a mile then.

If he has assurances form the SFA/SFL, then he may make a go of things. It sickens me really - contempuous sanctimonious b*****ds

I thought at first you meant a moot point, but realised it's probably because what's going on has left you speechless. But what has an animal with big floppy ears and a trunk have to do with it, unless you mean the business over the "history" is the irrelevant in the room?

As I've said before, if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a ruddy duck, and I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Rangers will be the same fetid bilge water in new bottles, anyone saying otherwise is just being childish.

Of course, the real fun will start when liquidation finally does come and the battle breaks out between competing factions over who gets to start up the "new Rangers" - it'll be like the 57 varieties of Bay City Rollers! :lol:

You mean like World War 2? Like Hearts stuffing Rangers in the year of Walter's first retirement when it was his "right" to win the Scottish Cup one last time?

We who will laugh last, will laugh best and longest. Keep the faith!

They may have done this deal on Macciavelli's birthday, but these muppets aren't in the same league.

Personally, I think the real fun will begin anytime within the next two weeks, when Miller takes a look at the books, doesnt get his way with the SPL (finger crossed) and walks away :lol:

If that happens, we really could see the death of Rangers, full stop.

@mattslaterbbc - Scottish colleague James Cook reports SPL has told BM that #RFC can continue in SPL with no further pts deductions

I totally didn't see that coming.

ETA what James Cook actually tweeted

The administrators say they understand Bill Miller has assurances that #Rangers will continue in the SPL with no further points deductions.
Administrators say they understand #Rangers will retain all previous titles and continue in SPL with no points deductions.
Edited by ray_of_licht

So Miller gets a chance to cut open the apple to see what the rotten core looks like - I'd run a mile then.

If he has assurances form the SFA/SFL, then he may make a go of things. It sickens me really - contempuous sanctimonious b*****ds

That's my take on it as well. I think the authorities are going to roll out the red carpet, but mercifully it won't be enough.

Personally, I think the real fun will begin anytime within the next two weeks, when Miller takes a look at the books, doesnt get his way with the SPL (finger crossed) and walks away :lol:

If that happens, we really could see the death of Rangers, full stop.

Oh, the SPL will give him whatever he wants, but the one saving grace here is that Rangers as a business don't look salvagable.

@mattslaterbbc - Scottish colleague James Cook reports SPL has told BM that #RFC can continue in SPL with no further pts deductions

Is this enough evidence for us the cretinous creatures of the diddy clubs to put together a list of enemies :blink:

Why so much doom and gloom.

The fact the Duffers have even agreed in principal to look into this plan proves how much trouble RFC are in.

In simple terms this Yank is willing to gamble £11m to buy who knows how much debt (80m??? 100m ??? 150m???) in the hope he can transfer what flesh left on the rotting carcass to a newco leaving behind the putrid rotting bones as RFC. He then needs to take a huge leap of faith in so far as he has to hope that he can persuade the creditors to accept peanuts in the pound (highly unlikely). To pay said peanuts he has to cross his fingers in the hope that the newco are allowed to play in some league where they can then generate enough money (despite certain punitive barriers) to finance the CVA payments which given a lack of Europe and financial penalties will take years and all this before the yank can merge the 2 to sell for what he hopes will be a profit.

Good luck with that Mr Miller - complete pie in the sky.

The administrators have said a lot of things.

Indeed.

It's what they don't say that is of significance here - ie, what happens if (when) oldco can't achieve a CVA? From WaffenThinMint's posts, it's armageddon time. What does Big Mad Bill Miller think, is what I'd like to hear.

If they can agree a CVA, if they can get themselves organised in time to play next season, if they don't end up in liquidation, then that would be fair. However, those are enormous ifs.

I take your Ifs and give you OF which will trump it - perhaps

Beeb (James Cook) has just tweeted that the Chuckle Bros understand that miller has has assurances that Raners can continue in the SPL without further points deductions.

If so, our game is finished.

D&P have talked shite from day one of this debacle, I don't see any reason why this is different.

If they can agree a CVA, if they can get themselves organised in time to play next season, if they don't end up in liquidation, then that would be fair. However, those are enormous ifs.

Agreed.

The administrators have said a lot of things.

When H&D say they "understand" something is that like when a sports journalist "understands" something? ie. made it up and hoped it was right

Agreed.

When H&D say they "understand" something is that like when a sports journalist "understands" something? ie. made it up and hoped it was right

If they don't liquidate and are out of administration by the start of the season then there won't be further punishment. Those ae the current rules anyway...

I highly doubt that Miller can achieve what he wants under a CVA, but if he can move all the assets then there is nothing to liquidate so a CVA might give creditors some money.