Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The internet nutters get their way and titles are stripped.

The appeal to the supreme court is made and is successful.

Then I suppose we all just have a chuckle and move on, maybe build a bridge or two.

Do you see title stripping as dependent on the legality of how Rangers operated the EBT scheme?

Yep, that post is pretty hilarious!

I also laughed at this one:

"Good statement let the children misbehave whilst the adults sort the real issues out "

...stunning! Just stunning!!!!!

I'm finding this statement and some responses to it, genuinely difficult to get my head around.

Do you see title stripping as dependent on the legality of how Rangers operated the EBT scheme?

Oh fcuk no Cletus, strip them because its Rangers and the internet nutjobs must be appeased.

There are thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans.

Does anybody know of any - apart from Spiers - who think it would be better not to keep the titles?

There must be some who are a bit embarrassed by it all. There must be some who would rather not have titles which are at the very least tarnished, in so many eyes.

The chance to bay at the moon about 54 titles can't really be that important to absolutely all of them, can it?

Has anyone honestly heard a contrite 'it's a fair cop Guv' attitude from any Rangers fans?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Oh fcuk no Cletus, strip them because its Rangers and the internet nutjobs must be appeased.

Come on Bennett. Stop being silly now.

You do realise that the more you post about this all being to do with "internet nutjobs", the more It points to an absence of any real arguments in favour of Rangers here.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Can I just remind everyone that a guy who created an alias called Vicki The Viking - made an elaborate back story about it - and even argued with a site moderator that it was true and that said moderator was "picking" on him, is now rattling on about "internet nutters".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I just remind everyone that a guy who created an alias called Vicki The Viking - made an elaborate back story about it - and even argued with a site moderator that it was true and that said moderator was "picking" on him, is now rattling on about "internet nutters".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's beyond parody. The poor guys hurting.

We'd have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those pesky internet nutters.

History lesson If Gers want to live in the past they must accept the bad baggage too

By BILL LECKIE

published

EVERY day in this country, more than 30 poor sods go bankrupt.

With one sweep of a pen, they lose the lot the business, the house, the car, the jewellery, the paintings, the holiday cottage, often even the wife and weans.

Its how it is. You want to walk away from all that debt, you have to wave goodbye to all that stuff that got you in it.

Main Image

Gers and fans should stop living in past in case it costs them dear

Except, it appears, if youre Rangers.

Who this past week have reiterated that they have nothing to do with the regime whose spending sent the club into a spiral of disintegration.

While very publicly demonstrating their need to trade on the results OF that spending.

Between the Broomloan and Sandy Jardine stands, a giant billboard plugs stadium tours, the biggest faces drawing punters in are those of Gazza and Brian Laudrup.

At half-time, the current team 3-0 up on Alloa in a ho-hum second-tier fixture, the big screen entertainment is a 4-2 Old Firm win with goals from Albertz, Amoruso and Amato.

As the second half slowly and goal-lessly unwinds, the wee Ultras in the bottom corner behind the bored Wes Foderinghams goal keep themselves awake with songs about Nacho Novo, Barry Ferguson, Stefan Klos and more from what we might unkindly call EBT United.

Yet here, just to remind ourselves, is the statement issued from Ibrox on Wednesday after Her Majestys Revenue & Customs won their appeal against what has become known as The Big Tax Case:

The Rangers Football Club and the entities which currently own and manage it are not party to these proceedings nor do we have any say in what happens. The proceedings are a matter for those affected by them.

Now, at this point well skip over the fact that this statement comes less than two months after Dave Kings suggestion that they somehow reverse time and bring the Oldco back, words that go down in folklore along with Ally McCoists about not doing walking away.

Instead, well ask one simple question. Which is that if said proceedings are a matter for those affected by them shouldnt the trinkets accumulated by those affected be consigned to the past in the same way?

By this, Im not calling for Rangers to be stripped of titles. If the SFA and SPFL want to go down that road, let them buy the tin hats and dig the trenches.

No, all Im saying is that if the present regime want to argue that the debts of the past should be presented to the owners of the past, wouldnt it be sensible to stop defining themselves by the teams of the past?

Sitting there on Saturday, a lone angry man behind us in the Main Stand yelling a non-stop tirade about its all the scumbag press fault, it struck home more clearly than ever that Dave King and his cohorts are playing a very dangerous game of bluff with both the fiscal and the footballing authorities.

Like I say, my sympathies do edge towards them on the tax thing, because as I wrote many, many times back in the day, David Murray ran Rangers like so many ordinary punters when bills are out of control; refinancing, juggling credit cards, paying for luxuries on the never-never.

I warned it could only end in tears and took boundless abuse for it from the fans who said I was just hurtin cos were winnin everyhin.

How Murray has stayed out of it all since it went pear-shaped is an escapology act David Blaine would applaud.

He ran the EBT scheme, he sanctioned all those mega-inflated transfer fees with no possible sell-on value, he borrowed millions against season ticket income and he got away with it because, unlike the average hard-pressed householder, he had pals in high places in the banks.

So, yes, if I was someone sitting at the sharp end of Rangers Football Club 15 to 20 years on, trying to pick up the pieces and somehow stagger out of the wreckage clutching something to be proud of, I too would be trying to put as much distance as humanly possible between myself and Sir David.

Fact is, though, that when HMRC have the bit between their teeth they go after anything they deem as live and unfortunately for Rangers, that means Ibrox Stadium, its fixtures and its fittings.

If the men from the ministry had been snooping around on Saturday, they might have looked at that billboard for stadium tours, watched the big screens and listened to the songs.

And they might well have doubted if there really WAS the kind of distance Dave King and Co. would like the world to believe was between them and the sins of the past.

So it seems like its time for Rangers Football Club to finally make a monumental decision.

Do they genuinely want a future where theyre free of all this scandal? Or do they want to cling to the past until it turns round and chokes them?

Its tough to let go of so much history and heritage, so many great memories. But sometimes in life, no matter how hard you wish for it, you just cant have everything.

There are thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans.

Does anybody know of any - apart from Spiers - who think it would be better not to keep the titles?

There must be some who are a bit embarrassed by it all. There must be some who would rather not have titles which are at the very least tarnished, in so many eyes.

The chance to bay at the moon about 54 titles can't really be that important to absolutely all of them, can it?

Has anyone honestly heard a contrite 'it's a fair cop Guv' attitude from any Rangers fans?

This is the fans who hate Murray for what he done to the club while giving it big lick for the trophies and achievements under his leadership

This is the fans who hate Murray for what he done to the club while giving it big lick for the trophies and achievements under his leadership

I know, but for all the stereotype is fun and handy, they really are not all Neanderthal idiots.

I know and like plenty who aren't.

There seems to be a blind spot though.

Come on Bennett. Stop being silly now.

You do realise that the more you post about this all being to do with "internet nutjobs", the more It points to an absence of any real arguments in favour of Rangers here.

I like the way that Vicky post about "internet nutjobs" on the, eh, Internet.

That isn't just deluded. That is "I've never owned, seen, or heard of a mirror, let alone looked in one" levels of lack of self-awareness. Especially given his drivel over the last couple of days, which has either plumbed new depths or scaled new heights - depending on whether it's insight or hilarity you're after.

Anyone fancy guessing which country the next B&B resident to be Tedi's best mate comes from? :lol:

I certainly don't. Many smaller clubs have been thrown out of competitions for doing things* which, while not illegal, breached competition rules. Why should rangers have been any different?

*Heinous crimes like signatures on the wrong line, or failing to fax a registration in time. Hang 'em all, eh?

I certainly don't. Many smaller clubs have been thrown out of competitions for doing things* which, while not illegal, breached competition rules. Why should rangers have been any different?

*Heinous crimes like signatures on the wrong line, or failing to fax a registration in time. Hang 'em all, eh?

Yes, but it's special rules for rangers (and celtic).

They've been favoured by the authorities for decades - but you'll never get one of their fans to acknowledge that - it would make their triumphalism hollow (and therefore their lives)