Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm really new to this party, seeing as I'm from the States. So yes, while I saw a Hearts match first while on holiday and so that's "my club" now, it's not nearly as engrained in me as it might be for a lot of other supporters who've been going to see their club all their lives. So I guess my question is, are the Rangers fans actually this confident that there's "nothing to see here," or are they just taking the piss?

Because as a lawyer, even one versed in American, not Scots, law, this looks like a hell of a lot more than just "buying a car with stolen money."

Legal beagles are a dime a dozen on this thread. Have you taken silk?

Edited by The_Kincardine

How in the world could I have taken silk if I'm not even qualified to practice Scots law? I just came right out and said that, if not in absolute terms, in pretty damn obvious ones.

That said, I, like most of the rest of the literate universe, can read an indictment with 15 counts on it, several of which have to do f-all with acquiring liquid cash by illegal means.

That's a no then. f**k off back to drafting wills and wishing you could shag Ally McBeal.

Hahahaha, oh man. Well, if nothing else, you've answered my question--you are actually that confident (and there's a fine line between confidence and delusion) that there's nothing else to this entire legal affair.

Either that, or you're so nervous about all this, that you've bitten your fingernails down to nubs and it's really sare, isn't it you big grumpmaster.

Edited by Justin Z

How in the world could I have taken silk if I'm not even qualified to practice Scots law? I just came right out and said that, if not in absolute terms, in pretty damn obvious ones.

That said, I, like most of the rest of the literate universe, can read an indictment with 15 counts on it, several of which have to do f-all with acquiring liquid cash by illegal means.

I really like the look of 12 & 13.

Zee is unacceptable btw and with bonhomie like the above, you're very much in the potential alias probation box.

Grumpmaster :lol: f**k it, I feel the addition of a smug-jambo-yank-shyster can only improve things. Alias or not, welcome, speculate away.....

Edited by williemillersmoustache

The ownership of Rangers isn't on trial here however Perry Mason one wants to get and however-much the P&D dolts would wish otherwise.

How about a wager? The outcome of this fraud case will lead directly to a dispute about Rangers' ownership.

Who is fool enough to say yes?

The ownership of Rangers isn't on trial here however Perry Mason one wants to get and however-much the P&D dolts would wish otherwise.

How about a wager? The outcome of this fraud case will lead directly to a dispute about Rangers' ownership.

The ownership of Rangers is already in dispute.

Is Justin Zee just pretending that it's a lot more complicated then?

Well really I was speculating, saying that it looked like more than just a handwave, while openly admitting my lack of expertise in this area . . . but someone's feeling a little defensive tonight.

Edited by Justin Z

Nobody, offering bets on a football forum is fucking deranged. Take a valium.

The point of this trial isn't about a fraudulent transaction but about fraudulent acquisition of funds. Id est, the difference between buying a stolen car and using stolen money to buy a car. That subtlety is what is taxing the brains of the pathetic morons in grey and green.

Here you say it's not about the transaction.

Here Ally McZeeel quotes:

13. CW, GW, DW, PC, CG & IA participated in a conspiracy to purchase the business and assets of the club depriving creditors of the rightful sums due to them and the material benefit going to themselves

So assuming that list of indictments is correct*, you're talking pish, and just a bit raging about it. And because the journalist tweeting about it went to a different school and you were wrong. I bet you that's whats's happening here. A billion smackerooonis.

*a link is always useful here JZ ;)