Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

UEFA statement...

“Clubs are not allowed to change their legal form or structure in order to obtain a licence, simply by ‘cleaning up’ their balance sheet while offloading debts – thus harming creditors (including employees and social/tax authorities) as well as threatening the integrity of sporting competition.

Any such alteration of a club’s legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and, consequently, three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence. In other words, the three-year rule is designed basically to avoid circumvention of the club licensing system."

“If a club sets up a new company simply to avoid paying its debts or obligations then they would almost certainly fail the three-year rule [for obtaining the required Uefa licence] This is to ensure clubs do not simply create a ‘newco’ and leave the previous entity in charge of dealing with debts.”

Do you have a link to this?

UEFA statement...

"Clubs are not allowed to change their legal form or structure in order to obtain a licence, simply by 'cleaning up' their balance sheet while offloading debts – thus harming creditors (including employees and social/tax authorities) as well as threatening the integrity of sporting competition.

Any such alteration of a club's legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and, consequently, three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence. In other words, the three-year rule is designed basically to avoid circumvention of the club licensing system."

"If a club sets up a new company simply to avoid paying its debts or obligations then they would almost certainly fail the three-year rule [for obtaining the required Uefa licence] This is to ensure clubs do not simply create a 'newco' and leave the previous entity in charge of dealing with debts."

If this is correct, then why did UEFA effectively say that the decision was up to the SFA?

Are they just waiting to see if their rules are broken, then hammer the SFA?

As a divvy from a 'numpty' team, can I ask all non OF fans of SPL teams what steps they have taken to inform their respective Chairmen/Boards of how angry they are of the prospect of Newco Rangers Soccerball Club going straight into SPL?

Or is it just venting on 'Pie n chips' then walking away/walking back?

I've seen Ab fans make a stir - is this still going, for example?

I wrote to my MP and MSP, spoke with our club's commercial director, and had an hour long meeting with our chairman in the boardroom.

Going to the football to watch Johnstone Burgh then St Mirren has been part of my life since 1966, so I made an effort to make my voice heard. Whether it makes a blind bit of difference is anyone's guess. At least I am content in my own mind that I at least tried.

Cheers, this has been posted before but I am sure it is a requirement of the SFA that teams in the top league require to have a European licence.

National Club Licensing applies to Scottish FA member clubs andUEFA Club Licensing applies to Scottish Premier League clubs. There is also an extraordinary procedure that applies to any member club outside the SPL where that club has sportingly qualified for a UEFA club competition and makes an application to participate in that competition.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2570

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/01%20General%20Provisions%20(2).pdf

1.6 Objectives

The stated objectives of the UEFA Club Licensing system are set out in Article 2 of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. In a national context these are

a) to further promote and continuously improve on all aspects of football at SPL level and to give continued priority to the training and care of young players in every SPL club;

b) to ensure that an SPL club has an adequate level of management and organisation;

c) to ensure that clubs’ sporting infrastructure provide all players, spectators and media representatives with suitable, well equipped and safe facilities;

d) to improve the economic and financial capability of the clubs, increasing their transparency and credibility;

e) to place the necessary importance on the protection of creditors by ensuring that club settle their liabilities with players, social/tax authorities and other clubs punctually;

f) to introduce more discipline and rationality in club football finances;

g) to ensure that any UEFA Licence awarded by the Scottish FA does not put at risk the smooth running of any UEFA competition;

h) to develop benchmarking information for SPL clubs which will allow a comparison with other clubs throughout Europe.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/03%20The%20Club%20as%20Licence%20Applicant%20and%20Licence%20(2).pdf

3.3.2 Meeting the UEFA requirements

For a licence applicant to be eligible to participate in the UEFA Club Competitions it must meet the requirements as detailed in the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations (see Article 16). The specific requirements as they apply to SPL applicants are detailed in Part 3 Section 5 and Part 4 of this Manual.

Section 5

ETA relevent SFA documentation which would seem to indicate that SPL clubs do indeed require a UEFA licence awarded to them by the SFA.

Edited by stonedsailor

As a divvy from a 'numpty' team, can I ask all non OF fans of SPL teams what steps they have taken to inform their respective Chairmen/Boards of how angry they are of the prospect of Newco Rangers Soccerball Club going straight into SPL?

How aboots a list here of things done instead of clever posts from Motherwell,Kllii, etc which mean 0 which will sit here on the ether until Rangers Socccerball Club next fixture?

I have had a conversation via email with Kenny Cameron, chairman of ICT, outlining my views and bringing attention to the SPL fans survey.

So under current SPL rules, you cannot play in the SPL without a UEFA Licence.

No, from my understanding of those documents the SFA require you to have a UEFA licence to qualify to compete in the country's top tier.

ETA, this is only my interpretation of the documents, perhaps someone with a better understanding of legal language could enlighten us more.

Edited by stonedsailor

How aboots a list here of things done instead of clever posts from Motherwell,Kllii, etc which mean 0 which will sit here on the ether until Rangers Socccerball Club next fixture?

This is the best post for a long time . All this posturing and competition to see who can condemn the **** the most is achieving the square root of f**k all. The non OF teams have had plenty of time to group together and organise something . Great , great shame , that all there has been is a handful of e- mails to their repective chairman expressing their complaints. Whoopee doo ! The distasteful **** are guilty as hell but it hasn't stop them mobilising themselves to put their deluded views to the authorities .

I emailed Killie to tell them the same thing I said on the thread earlier, that I won't be renewing my season ticket if a Rangers Newco are in the league.

This is the best post for a long time . All this posturing and competition to see who can condemn the **** the most is achieving the square root of f**k all. The non OF teams have had plenty of time to group together and organise something . Great , great shame , that all there has been is a handful of e- mails to their repective chairman expressing their complaints. Whoopee doo ! The distasteful **** are guilty as hell but it hasn't stop them mobilising themselves to put their deluded views to the authorities .

Thank you JRS - I just think the odd email from a supporter will get forgotten - time for SPL fans to organise to send open letters published in respective local papers. I can do little as a diddly team supporter, but wrote to object to my MSP's open letter of support and also to his national party to say it was inappropriate if they considered how many public services had been diddled! (sarcastically)

I emailed Killie to tell them the same thing I said on the thread earlier, that I won't be renewing my season ticket if a Rangers Newco are in the league.

and neither will i, football for me is finished if they are allowed back

and neither will i, football for me is finished if they are allowed back

So can't yez organise - they'd laff away your email but an organised many saying that in the local rag might make your Chairman think twice!

Petrie is well aware of the Hibs fans feelings on this. After getting our house in order and suffering the consequences he indicated to me that Hibs position will reflect the fans opinions in the main.

I for one expect him to make public his thoughts within days of a newco being created. Until then I expect he will continue to make statements about fair play without mentioning rangers by name.

Nope - you will be watching Rangers Soccerball Club gub you for sure and you will realise you are complicit

No I will not the soccerball team Glasgow of Rangers gub us, I shall not go to those for certain.

There is a very good chance I shall see the soccerball team Miidden Saints of Paisley gub us though.