Islam Feruz

You should check out some of the stuff the lad has said on social media in the past, he has no passion for Scotland.

I hope he's picked in the next Somali squad as I doubt he can even remember what the country was really like.

PS - Just checked out the Somali national football teams wiki page, half of the latest squad (from 2013) don't even have clubs listed. :lol:

Yeah, imagine turning your back on the country of your birth? Annoying eh?

Has he really turned his back on Scotland though? He's starting for the 21's now and probably feels the 19's is a step back.

He apparently did this early last season when he was selected for the u-17s, talk is he turned up at the squad training with his agent and they told the coaches he was too good to be selected at that level and should be in the u-21s instead so wouldn't be playing

To be fair you can see why he would be disappointed about being constantly overlooked for the u21 squad given some of the complete dross that have played there ahead of him. You can understand too with his set of circumstances why he wouldn't be particularly bothered about international football, especially when he's considered one of the best young talents at a club like Chelsea.

To be fair you can see why he would be disappointed about being constantly overlooked for the u21 squad given some of the complete dross that have played there ahead of him. You can understand too with his set of circumstances why he wouldn't be particularly bothered about international football, especially when he's considered one of the best young talents at a club like Chelsea.

Actually if you look at Chelsea fans sites you'll see the overwhelming feeling is that he has had a poor season and has started to fall down the pecking order amongst their young attackers

The "dross" being picked ahead of him, the likes of Stevie May, Rory Mckenzie and Callum Patterson, I would hazard a guess have already got about 200 first team appearances in senior football under their belt.

Comes across as a petulant wee arsehole, a suposed talented player he may be but until he has proven it at senior level it counts for nothing in my eyes. Too many youngsters happy to stay at big clubs swanning around like they've made it. Having a kickabout once a week in an empty stadium where around half the players on show will never cut it in the professional leagues isn't comparable to a full blooded contest in the SPFL or lower leagues in england with promotion/relegation at stake. I've much more time for a player who has grafted away and got some expereience under his belt in competetive football than some lazy prima donna like Islam Feruz.

The "dross" being picked ahead of him, the likes of Stevie May, Rory Mckenzie and Callum Patterson, I would hazard a guess have already got about 200 first team appearances in senior football under their belt.

Comes across as a petulant wee arsehole, a suposed talented player he may be but until he has proven it at senior level it counts for nothing in my eyes. Too many youngsters happy to stay at big clubs swanning around like they've made it. Having a kickabout once a week in an empty stadium where around half the players on show will never cut it in the professional leagues isn't comparable to a full blooded contest in the SPFL or lower leagues in england with promotion/relegation at stake. I've much more time for a player who has grafted away and got some expereience under his belt in competetive football than some lazy prima donna like Islam Feruz.

Yup, he's never played a single senior game of football, not even a minute of it. The highest level he's played at is Under 21's, where he doesn't stand out particularly. The whole "hype" about him is due to the fact he was at Celtic then Chelsea signed him, nothing to do with how he's actually performed. He'll be 19 this year, and if he doesn't play senior football this year then you'll have to worry about his development.

As an aside, he's his comparison to the "dross"

Islam Feruz - 0 senior games - 0 senior goals - 18 years old

Stevie May - 136 senior games - 75 senior goals - 21 years old

Rory McKenzie - 77 senior games - 13 senior goals - 20 years old

Callum Paterson - 69 senior games - 15 senior goals - 19 years old

He's got a few years on May and McKenzie, but right now his development is miles behind them, he really needs to start playing regular football at senior level to fulfil his potential, which is arguably greater than the others. Its arguable whether the comparison with Paterson is needed, due to the fact Paterson seems to be more of a full back/winger

So he's turning his back on Scotland now too:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477642/Feruz-snubs-Scotland?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Words fail me with this guy :thumbsdown

Would he still have enough time to qualify for England the same way he did for us?

I'm quite disappointed by this but glad we know where we stand with him now. Better to have players who are committed than players who don't want to play for us.

Worst part is Celtic fans will see this as some kind of victory for them.

How exactly?

Nothing's been 'proved', either way

If one thing has been proved, its that we are clearly walking around with our head up our own arse if we believe him and others like him give as much as a solitary shit about the country which handed them a life. I have no doubts whatsoever that if Bayern wanted him, he'd be hooring himself for the German team in no time at all. In football, every b*****d these days is a salesman. When clubs are charging 50 quid a ticket, and selling all the tickets, then they are obviously good at it. Throwing money at dicks like Feruz and even Januzaj is a small.price to pay to convince the public to part with not only their cash but also the right to exect a degree of decency from those unheralded superstars we should be grateful to share oxygen with. Overhyping and pressurising a boy from the age of 14 has reaped its reward here, so for my money whatever happens the last ones with a leg to stand on are those so fickle they'll take anyone from anywhere and at any cost.

Edited by ShawfieldAggro

• 2 months later...