whisky lovers

Absolutely zero chance of it being Ardbeg, it's far too hard to get casks of it these days and if you do manage it they are ridiculously expensive. Likewise aged Lagavulin.

Bruichladdich didn't heavily peat their whisky pre-mothballing in 94 so it won't be from their, Bunnahabhain didn't produce a peated style (since the 60's at least) until 97 so it won't be from then either.

The only realistic options are Bowmore, Caol Ila or Laphroaig, all of which are found frequently in independent bottlings. I've not tried it so I can't hazard a guess.

I did have an 18 year old highland from lidl about 5 or 6 years ago and vowed never to buy another whisky from them again, it tasted like a mix of cardboard and cabbage. Disgusting.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had Talisker Skye before?

It's currently £25 a bottle (from £32) in Asda.

It's worth £25.

As with all talisker stick with the 10yo unless you want to move up to 57°north which I think is the best whisky you can buy for under £75.

The rest of their NAS range is not as good as 10 yo and frequently more expensive.

I'm away to crack on the 57 now, you have put me in the mood.

As I regularly point out on here, I'm about a mile or so away from the Dalmore so it tends to be my dram of choice. Managed to find myself a Cromartie for the same price it used to sell for when it was still on the run (£120), just waiting on delivery. Puts me up to a Dalmore collection of: 12, Cigar, 15, 18, King Alexander & Cromartie. I bought a Cromartie for my dad a few years back, and it's one I really do quite like. Really quite fancy getting myself the Rivers collection though. Tried the Dee and the Tay, I liked one but not the other. Can't remember which though because I got fairly drunk after. Spey and the Tweed are supposed to be pretty good though. Will be hunting around the auction sites to bump the collection I think.

It's worth £25.

As with all talisker stick with the 10yo unless you want to move up to 57°north which I think is the best whisky you can buy for under £75.

The rest of their NAS range is not as good as 10 yo and frequently more expensive.

I'm away to crack on the 57 now, you have put me in the mood.

Talisker 57 N is the best whisky that exists and I'll fight anyone who disagrees

Talisker 57 N is the best whisky that exists and I'll fight anyone who disagrees

Disagree... free whisky is the best whisky.

Edit: Incidentally, I love Christmas because that's when my suppliers give me lots of free whisky.

Edited by Spain

Good taste in whisky but very poor in cushion covers.

Wife chose them.

Whisky 7/10.

Tree 5/10.

Cushions have been discussed previously.

Not having that, the tree is a solid 7.

I can't believe you discussed the quality of tree, and didn't point out that it's far too early for a christmas tree.

Wife's choice.

I chose the whisky though, feeling smug.