Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

could you expand.

I'm just saying hibs competed well considering the gulf in quality. it was only 1 goal in ti and i could see them getting another. Everyone concentrating on how awful hibs were, which they were after the third hearts goal, but ignoring how horrendous the ref was and who, in my view, completely spoiled the spectacle.

:lol:

Hibs offered absolutely nothing, other than the goal and about a five minute spell after that, during which i'm not even sure they got a shot on target. for the first half hour, and first fifteen minutes of the second half, Hearts absolutely dominated. The remaining 30 minutes were little more than a training session. If Hearts could have been arsed, we'd have been looking at a cricket score.

I fail to se how the ref "completely spoiled the spectacle". It looks as though the linesman gave the verdict on whether it was a penalty or a free kick, and even if it had been a free kick, that useless Gambian guy would have got a second yellow for the blatant shirt tug anyway. Hearts would still have pished all over Hibs.

If I'm not a true supporter I dont know what is been supporting Hibs since I was born have had a season ticket for 9 years. Only missed 8 games this season. Hurting more than I ever have in my life right now. If you want to see some Hibs fans that are jacking it in go over to hibs.net. Alternatively for true fans go over to Hibees Bounce

I wasn't trying to claim you weren't a true supporter G&WA.

I just think there is better things Hibs fans could do with their energy after today/this season than threatening to turn their back on the club.

This was Scottish fitba's showpiece and not a move in it nor the slightest hint of class - a piss poor HIbs side and an ordinary Hearts one. Take the OF away (and I wouldnt care if they do) and our game's no better than the League of Ireland.

Other than Scottish football having MUCH bigger crowds, and much better players than the League of Ireland, yes without the OF it's exactly the same.

Buffoon.

Take the OF away (and I wouldnt care if they do) and our game's no better than the League of Ireland.

I wouldn't mention that to Cosgrove, he will deservedly chew your face off.

This was Scottish fitba's showpiece and not a move in it nor the slightest hint of class - a piss poor HIbs side and an ordinary Hearts one. Take the OF away (and I wouldnt care if they do) and our game's no better than the League of Ireland.

Just watch what happens when Fenlon signs the best players the League of Ireland has to offer.

Gary Twigg went there from Brechin and pretty much became a sensation for Shamrock overnight.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Well it hurts, really hurts. Don't think it was a penalty though but it doesn't really matter anymore.

Hearts deserved it, our players just didn't live up to the occasion and ultimately are not good enough.

Roll on next season...

Hearts, were better than us today but seeing as it finished 12 v 10 that was hardly a surprise. Ian Black should have seen red in the first 10 minutes then made 3 other fouls in the first half yet Kujabi made one and was booked.

The penalty was never a penalty tge foul was outside the box. Yes, its a yellow but that should have been Kujabi's first yellow and if that free kick is cleared the game is completely different.

That's a bit of a stretch there. Didn't think Black's was that bad and I felt was rightly booked, for a late lunge through the back of the player. He was having a nightmare and Fenlon should have subbed him. Yes it wasn't a penalty but I don't think you can say oh it would be a first yellow card- he knew he was on a booking, if he doesn't tug him, he was still on the pitch.

Slowly but surely improvements if he is sacked before the end of next season ( unless we are rooted to the bottom ) i could possibly give up on the club that I love.

Come on mate, that's ridiculous knee jerk talk. We threw away a league cup to 9 men, hard at the time. The next game we gubbed Celtic. That's football.

My club has spent years in Division 1, this is the first year bar Gretna year we haven't been in relegation danger at the split. Look at Dundee stuck in D1 for 7 years. Far worse than Hibs having a poor couple of years and being gubbed by rivals in a cup final!

Hibs were rank rotten throughout and Fenlon has to cut the place to shreds in the summer and start again.

Think comparisons between him and Stephen Kenny are unfair, mind. He inherited a dis-spirited shambles that was going down and managed to keep them in the top flight. In time I think that he will come good- it;s what he does over the summer that is important.

Can see him doing much better next season once the duds have been cleared out. Depends how much the Hibs board back him though.

Hearts were simply streets ahead, and although the penalty was incorrect they'd have gone on to win anyway. I enjoyed the first hour or so of the game but the last half hour was an absolute bore-a-thon. Good game overall though from the neutral point of view.

In a future Irvine Welsh book someone will be glassed tonight by Francis Begbie- either that or he'll end up in the jail for some other act of random vioence.

1337446225[/url]' post='6253584']

Hibs were awful but it was only 2-1 when Thomson came out with an absolutely ridiculous penalty decision. God forbid he does that in euro champs. He will make Scottish football look even more stupid than it does just now.

Oh, the irony.

Hibs won't sack him now, but its inevitable he'll be punted around Novemberish and they'll be stuck with his shower of duds on long term deals.

Two days before the AGM no doubt, as Petrie always does to deflect heat away from himself.

He was having a nightmare and Fenlon should have subbed him. Yes it wasn't a penalty but I don't think you can say oh it would be a first yellow card- he knew he was on a booking, if he doesn't tug him, he was still on the pitch.

Exactly. When the commentators announced in the first half that Fenlon was bringing Sproule on at 2-0 I figured Kujabi was obviously going to go off as he had been a liability that far in the game and looked to have the potential to become an even bigger liability. But he didn't get subbed and he went on to make the mistake that killed any Hibs comeback. Definitely wasn't a penalty, should have been a free kick but both Kujabi's bookings were deserved imo. (I missed Black's tackle so can't comment there)

One of the worst games of football I have ever seen was Manchester United v Liverpool in the 1996 FA Cup Final.

Guest The Phoenix

A noisy double decker bus of Hibs fans just went past my window. Fair play to them.

You've got great views...

bus-cliff-1.jpg