Tattoos

Got my first one last week. The title of my favourite Charlatans song on the inside of my right forearm. Already planning my second.

See, I quite like The Charlatans. Or at least I did do back when britpop was in full swing. Saw them a few times - great band live......... However, I just don't get why you would permanently scar yourself with the name of one of their songs on your arm. Are you a bit simple?

See, I quite like The Charlatans. Or at least I did do back when britpop was in full swing. Saw them a few times - great band live......... However, I just don't get why you would permanently scar yourself with the name of one of their songs on your arm. Are you a bit simple?

I don't particularly care for your opinion on it m8.

#beta

• 2 years later...
38 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Booked in for a new tattoo at the end of the month. Seriously thinking of getting numbing cream this time as I think this one might be quite sore. Has anyone used it before, if so what would be the best one to get?

Man up.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Booked in for a new tattoo at the end of the month. Seriously thinking of getting numbing cream this time as I think this one might be quite sore. Has anyone used it before, if so what would be the best one to get?

Where are you getting tattooed, and how long for?

30 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

All day session on my chest. Can't say I am looking forward to this one.

Not going to lie, I didn't enjoy having my chest done. Numbing cream won't help you on a full day session, if you're that worried, break it down into two half days. At least a 3-4 blasts has light at the end of the tunnel. I've had quite a few full days done and after about 4 hours your body just runs out of energy and there isn't much you can do about it.

Not as bad as the armpit, mind. Or under the knee.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Not going to lie, I didn't enjoy having my chest done. Numbing cream won't help you on a full day session, if you're that worried, break it down into two half days. At least a 3-4 blasts has light at the end of the tunnel. I've had quite a few full days done and after about 4 hours your body just runs out of energy and there isn't much you can do about it.

Not as bad as the armpit, mind. Or under the knee.

Thank you.

I've had two all day sessions on my legs recently. Not as bad as I thought it would be apart from on the shin bone itself, that was bad. The fact you get to see all the comings and goings in the shop over the whole day can be quite a laugh.

The guy doing the tattoo said the numbing cream would help for an hour or two which would be enough time to do the line work, but never used it before, don't know if it is any good or not.

• 1 month later...

Anyone offer recommendations for a tattoo artist who can do a reasonable to good job of work in the surrealist fashion? I might even stretch to someone who covers good to excellent.

On 1/18/2017 at 12:48, Sergeant Wilson said:

Keep it away from that rug.

On 1/18/2017 at 12:45, saint dave said:

New one , just to back for some more shading down the back. Only got it done yesterday so waiting for the colour to calm down to grays. 

IMG_20170117_221653.jpg

In honour of Grimbo? 

• 11 months later...