Black Ops 2

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see what's nonsense about that... in FIFA 12 gameplay-wise they brought in a new Impact Engine and also a new defending method, what did they bring in to MW3?

I thought the MW3 campaign was ridiculously short and quite poor, after the events of MW2 the whole story was so open, they could've done much better with it and given the plot more depth and longevity to make it last longer. They probably made it so short so that people would move onto playing the multiplayer faster, and some of said people would buy (the maps/upgrade to Elite/into any other of their moneymaking schemes) :rolleyes:

My first real CoD game was MW2 the Christmas just after it came out, I got my PS3 then. At first I hated it for not much reason at all and played WaW, probably as zombies was immense. I then gave MW2 a try after a while and was hooked. For me the best campaign was Black Ops', the best multiplayer was MW2 (I spunked far too much time away by playing it so excessively), and the best all-round game was WaW. I got MW last summer for about £4, it was decent, but it'd have been much better playing it at its "peak" I suppose.

I've always enjoyed the Treyarch games due to the fact they are set in the past and use the weapons from the respective eras, going futuristic is a bit gash tbh. They don't have many past conflicts to choose from though.

I'd much rather they brought out one every two years, rather than being money-grabbing b*****ds, that way with longer to work on the games they would be of a far better quality and also groundbreaking new features and changes to the gameplay would maybe, just maybe, be brought in to prevent every CoD game from being only slightly different to its predecessor...

I agree with most of this. I think BF3 has moved things on a lot for FPS games though, particularly emphasising team play, and MW3 didn't do much to gain back ground, so this one is going to have to go some.

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm from previous comments and the footage, i'm quite underwhelmed by this. I've just bought a replacement X-box, but i'm not up for pishing away £44.95 on something that looks fairly ordinary once November comes round.

In the meantime, is it worth buying Black Ops to get some online play in just now, or is every c**t on MW3?

Black Ops has the better multiplayer and AFAIK plenty are still playing.

As for this, it looks more and more like a Halo/Syndicate/Crysis 2 hybrid. The previous videos for the story and stuff were hideous, this is a bit better. It can't be any worse than MW3 so here's hoping it turns out alright.

Cheers.

I might give it a few weeks before buying the new one, if indeed i do. The chances are there will be shitloads of "teething" problems as in previous efforts with mismatching and ludicrous re-spawns etc.

The faster people realise that Cod4 is the Counterstrike of the console world, the better. Call of Duty 4 everything that followed it in the franchise.

I agree about cod4. I played MW2 and MW3 (probably too much) but they are too easy. Even shit players can be good a these 2 games takes hardly any skill to be decent.

• 1 month later...

Archived