What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I ended up watching Live Free or Die Hard. Which was remains quite a lot of fun tbh. Think McClane is a bit more straight laced than before which takes a wee bit away from it. But as a dumb action movie it does the trick. It's a 7/10 for that.

Decided I'm not going to bother with the last one. I have seen it. Don't plan on putting myself through that again.

On 1/8/2017 at 05:51, Dominique Malonga said:

The Guv'nor

The story of Lenny "The Guv'nor" McLean. Basically his son goes about interviewing old colleagues and friends to see what type of man he was etc. It's shite, mainly because of the arsehole son.

Some of the old footage is decent, particularly the Roy Shaw fights but most of it is laughable. There's a bit where the son says Lenny would have beaten Mike Tyson and Klitshko in his prime "on the cobbles" yet you see him sparring not long after and Mike Tyson would not have many sleepless nights, put it that way. There's no disputing he was a hard man. If it was a fight outside a pub against normal people I doubt you would have seen much better, he would have been a seriously scary man in that environment without a doubt. Against a Word Champion boxer of the same size/weight it would be a different story. In fact any decent pro would probably put him away. Iron Mike in his prime would have knocked him spark out.

The worst thing about this film is the son though. There's a bizarre 5 or ten minutes towards the end where he walks in to a cafe and gets involved in a fight :lol: he then tried to talk about the rage inside him and saying it's hard to go out etc. His cousin/friend then pipes up and says it's difficult to come down here because of "the hipsters and the change of it all" :lol:

Ever see any Big Joe Joyce vids on YouTube? Not exactly classic boxing style but he loves a haymaker. I'd agree about Iron Mike v Bruce.   

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aye I've seen a few of his videos on YouTube. " a soak me hands in petrol so when I hit a man boom!, it's brick hard" :lol:

He's adamant hand wraps are for wimps. I've sparred against folk who have done different martial arts but I'm not sure where I'd start with him. He is mental. "Never been bet, never will be bet by no man". 

Girl on the Train - 7/10. Decent watch this. Was hoping for a bit better but it was still pretty decent. Emily Blunt was great throughout. Expected a twist but didn't expect it to go the way it went.

Jack Reacher 2 - 3/10. Teenager was annoying, Cruise looked out of sorts, shot choice was confusing. Terrible.

He's adamant hand wraps are for wimps. I've sparred against folk who have done different martial arts but I'm not sure where I'd start with him. He is mental. "Never been bet, never will be bet by no man". 

He's not playing with the full deck, that's for sure. I watched a fight involving him and another boy and he must have been pushing 60 :lol: sure he got disqualified too.

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

He's not playing with the full deck, that's for sure. I watched a fight involving him and another boy and he must have been pushing 60 :lol: sure he got disqualified too.

I'll foight any of you Malongas so I will. 

hqdefault.jpg

Endless Poetry 6/10

Part 2 of Alejandro Jodorowskys series of five (!) planned autobiographical (if he makes it that far before kicking the bucket, he's 87!) films, pretty daft but quite enjoyable, probably massively helped by having a couple of drinks cos it's that sort of film really. LOL at his son playing him, GOT to be a bit weird re-enacting yr dad's sex life (although admittedly none of it with his mum)

Truth..........7/10.

Newsroom drama detailing the 2004 CBS 60 Minutes report investigating then-President George W. Bush's military service, and the subsequent firestorm of criticism that cost anchor Dan Rather and producer Mary Mapes their careers.

5 minutes ago, Christophe said:

What did you think of it Jim? Can read the IMDb blurb anywhere

Apologies, I don't usually copy and paste.

I quite enjoyed it if a tad long winded at times. Robert Redford is a pretty good Dan Rather. The first hour deals with the CBS journalists getting the story and the second hour is the enquiry into them after the shit hits the fan. Hadn't heard of the film until yesterday while half watching Victoria Derbyshire discuss the latest Trump  allegations and it was compared to this episode in relation to publishing stories before they are properly verified.

Only the dead
8/10
Documentary about the war in Iraq.made by news reporter Michael were stunning film and a gut wrenching ending must see film

Quite good although not a lot we haven't seen already. Assuming the guy at the end was an insurgent then no sympathy required.

Silence.

Not very good as far as epics go. Some great cinematography but weak acting and the actors don't really carry the film when it's a film that needs some excellent performances. Wasn't a film I enjoyed nor was it something that will stay with me. Forgettable.

4/10.