What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The film you've mentioned is a bad earlier version of

Ghost Ship, and is directed by Paul WS Anderson

Terrible, terrible film.

Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

8/10

Paddy Considine wrote and starred in a terrific wee film set in Matlock, about a brother taking revenge for his retarded brother's torture and suicide at the hands of a gang of drug users/sellers a few years earlier whilst he was in the armed forces.

Made by FilmFour, so it should be on there at some point (I watched it on DVD so no adverts :P )

It's been on it loads of times already

Guest Moan Gils...skin him!!&#

watched 4 films over the long weekend so here goes

The Invasion

Remake of The Invasion of the Bodysnatchers and i thot it was pretty good

7/10

Halloween (2007)

The remake of the original, although i havent seen the original yet, this was extremely gory which i love in a film

9/10

30 Days of Night

Unique idea for a film and i thought the story line worked well with the scenery in the film

10/10

Die Hard

Seen it so many times and is one of my favourites of all time but i never get tired of "yippee Kay yay" or the Agent Johnson joke.

10/10

I'm not saying that

Event Horizon

is a great film, just that it did it better than Sunshine.

It's underrated in my opinon

It defies the laws of Physics from the get-go, so I despise it. If you're going to make a scifi film, at least TRY to get the basics right! :angry:

It's been on it loads of times already

I meant more in the future, it being on the past isn't really much help to anyone except the Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

I meant more in the future, it being on the past isn't really much help to anyone except the Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

I daresay most of the people on here have seen it already, the last time it was on Film4 it had it's very own special wee thread in general nonsense.

I daresay most of the people on here have seen it already, the last time it was on Film4 it had it's very own special wee thread in general nonsense.

Really? Must have missed that, oh well, LoveFilm serves a purpose. :D

You watch a helluva lot of films! I can't find the time! :(

Got nothing else to do, well except study for uni in September, but it's called procrastination! :P

Children of the Corn

What a lot of tedious crap. They managed to adapt a decent wee short story into a pile of crap. There's some points earned in the "so bad, it's hilarious" stakes. Hilarity point are well and truly earned by Isaac, the head child.

1/10

Diary of the Dead

I might be getting fed up of this whole hand held footage thing by now. That being said, nothing wrong with this movie at all. Romero has always been good at building the characters, and he does that extremely well here. It delivers everything that you'd want from one of his movies, and doesn't rely on the mania of Land of the Dead either, making it a better movie. It's not an amazing movie or anything, but it's a decent enough addition to the series.

7/10

The Italian Job is great fun. Watched a couple of days ago, although, as usual with 10/10 movies, I want to give it another watch just to make sure I'm pegging it right. I'll probably go with the 10 though.

The Italian Job is great fun. Watched a couple of days ago, although, as usual with 10/10 movies, I want to give it another watch just to make sure I'm pegging it right. I'll probably go with the 10 though.

Its a 10 for me! A film that has fast minis in deserves a 10 :lol:

I Am Legend (2007)

5/10

A film based around a character who was so slow witted I'm surprised he managed to think of a postmortem solution to the problem, although him being called Neville seemed somewhat apt.

Smith tries his hardest but it really wasn't a very good film, and had been done before to many times recently.

When the last voiceover by Alice Braga has more emotion in it than the entire film you know that there is a serious problem with the story!

Worth watching, but perhaps I expected to much! $150 million badly spent!

EDIT: Forgot to put in the word "Neville", so it made no sense!

Edited by SaltyTON

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

I didn't think the style of the movie helped it any, but it never took anything away either so I can't complain about it too much. Good story, and well played out. The great thing was that they never really changed any of the characters throughout, apart from maybe the dad at the end, but even that could be understood. They stuck their grounds with the characters, whether it's the slightly on edge Andy, or the pussy Hank, they're played absolutely perfectly.

8/10

Shapeshifter (2005)

Seen far worse budget horrors, by the end you actually cared what happened to the characters and even knew what their names were which is very rare! For a $200k movie you can't expect much more than this pretty decent American effort!

3/10

The legendary horror Troll (where we first meet Harry Potter, although Rowling will claim never to have heard of it!) is up next on Zone Horror! Definitely shall be watched...

die hard

currently being repeated on itv2 almost every night. still quality and hasnt dated.Could be the best action movie ever

9/10

boring film about card counting staring kevin spacey. 1 dimensional characters and looks like its been produced by the las Vegas tourist board. Its like watching a big commercial for vegas

4/10

Breach

You probably notice I go on about acting performances a lot, so you can see why I'd be annoyed when someone like Chris Cooper, who could go on screen and simply say "blah blah blah" and get you engaged, doesn't get nearly enough roles. He's typically commanding here as a suspected spy in the FBI. The story is decent enough, and I enjoy movies of this type, but there's nothing done to raise the intrigue untill well into the movie. Is it enough for a thumbs up ? Yes, the story and the cast and everything is fine. I'd just ask for a bit more playing up to the story.

6/10

Troll (1986)

I don't know why this is so badly slated, it's got all the camposity (okay I made that word up, but it seems about right) of such greats as Willow, Krull, House, Leprechaun and Rumpelstiltskin. Totally engaging wee fantasy movie even at this time in the morning and with advert breaks!

I loved it, okay it's no Willow, but it's still a nice wee movie!

7/10