What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

6 Days, 7 Nights - 6/10

Much better than I thought it would be. Sad to see Han Solo reduced to chasing confused dykes such as Anne Hech.

Harrison Ford has been in some right shite.

He's also been in a couple of classics since the Star Wars day.

Natura contro (1988)

I've never seen a more poorly named DVD in all my life.

It was called Cannibal Holocaust 2 on the cover, and pretty much everywhere except in Italy... There were no fucking cannibals! The only connection between this and Cannibal Holocaust was that it was in the jungle and there were lots of animals, including a turtle in a tank (which wasn't hurt this time...)

The only people who die on screen were either speared or shot, one guy got castrated by a snake, although this was off-camera.

A very strange, yet nice wee Italian exploitation movie.

4/10 as I liked all the animals, was sweet. :lol:

Phantasm - 6/10

Not as good as i remembered but still a decent wee horror. The Tall Man is a terrifying baddie, especially when he's chasing Mike.

Preferred the sequels.

Edited by Gall09

Phantasm - 6/10

Not as good as i remembered but still a decent wee horror. The Tall Man is a terrifying baddie, especially when he's chasing Mike.

Preferred the sequels.

OblIVion is by far the best! :D

Troy (2004)

Far better than the nonsense that was Gladiator, and aside from people being called Greeks, which is far too late in history was pretty good historically. (Aside from a few minor things)

Pitt and Bloom were very good, as usual. Slightly worrying though to see the Undertaker's bitch Nathan Jones as the first guy that Achilles kills!

8/10

Iron Man

Excellent "superhero" movie, made all the better by Robert Downey Jnr and Jeff Bridges. Cracking FX and funny as well. It's more of a set up for a franchise, but if they manage to keep the main cast and keep up the storyline it'll be well worth it.

8/10......wait..what's that?...*whispers*...ahem, my Little General, who has the casting vote in almost everything I do, has decided on 8.5/10, just because Gwyneth Paltrow made him feel like putting a parade on.

30 Days of Night

Good concept, poor execution. The ideas alone gain some points, even if they were basically already done before the movie itself. Some nice visual stuff as well, and the story itself isn't that bad. It's just boring stuff that is completely devoid of scares. Thumbs leaning down.

3/10

Kevin and Perry Go LARGE

10/10

Class!

Can't wait till Ibiza now!!!! :D

I want to fucking see that so badly again. I missed it on BBC 3 weh it was on :(

Police Academy B)

Pure brilliance 9/10 :lol:

Troy (2004)

Far better than the nonsense that was Gladiator, and aside from people being called Greeks, which is far too late in history was pretty good historically. (Aside from a few minor things)

Pitt and Bloom were very good, as usual. Slightly worrying though to see the Undertaker's bitch Nathan Jones as the first guy that Achilles kills!

8/10

I swear you are on the wind up most of the time :D

Gladiator was watchable, but the script was fucking awful. That and Russell Crowe is a shit actor.

Yep - wind-up!

Mimic (1997)

Del Toro's first Hollywood effort, and it was a decent enough film despite me wanting to kill Chuy all the way through the film for constantly playing with his spoons when they are trying to be quiet!

Mira Sorvino, in her looking like Jennifer Aniston period, is unconvincing as an entomologist!

6/10

Had Sky Movies on this afternoon.

Over The Hedge

I'm sure that I've rated this before, but what the hell. With a lot of average animated stuff coming out around the time of this movie, it's refreshing to see one that was absolutely great fun.

8/10

Volcano

If you're going to do a disaster movie, at least make sure the majority of stuff that happens in the movie revolves around the disaster. Thankfully, unlike some, this manages to do just that. Of course there's the other storylines which, for some reason, the people who write it seem to be essential, but they don't take up much time. There's loads of cheese in this movie, probably bordering on the ridiculous. "Lava. Who can stop that ?" "My dad.". f**k off. Anyways, it's a decent blockbuster.

6/10

30 Days of Night

Good concept, poor execution. The ideas alone gain some points, even if they were basically already done before the movie itself. Some nice visual stuff as well, and the story itself isn't that bad. It's just boring stuff that is completely devoid of scares. Thumbs leaning down.

3/10

Agree wi most of that.

Scores so low 'cos it was pretty boring and i didn't like any character, and i hated the old guy and Hartnett's wee brother!

Quite a refreshing ending though.

4.5/10