What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

In Japan. And yes, it has been released as "テェ フィクサ†as the words Michael Clayton are utterly meaningless.

Decent movie nonetheless.

Does the character not have a name in the movie at all then? :huh:

Also is Jack Frost called "Evil Snowman"?? :P

Conspiracy ( 2008 )

Basically a remake of Bad Day at Black Rock. Val Kilmer plays the main part with an amazing level of tension. The backstory that's added helps get you involved, which was the main flaw of the original. I'd say that because of that, this remake is actually worth something. Better than the original, and an early contender for movie of the year.

9/10

The film you are referring to is called Michael Clayton and is not called "The Fixer" anywhere on Earth, so which planet are you currently on holiday on?

<H5>This is taken from IMDB.com

<A name=akas>Also Known As (AKA)

Michael ClaytonArgentina / Canada (French title) / Germany / GreeceAvukatTurkey (Turkish title)Conduta de RiscoBrazilFixerJapan (English title)Majkl KlejtonSerbiaMichael Clayton - Uma Questão de ConsciênciaPortugal

</H5>

Cloverfield

I decided not to go back and read old reviews. All I can remember is that reactions were mixed. I quite enjoyed it. It's dead spots were really boring, but when the excitement hits, you have some terrifying stuff. The cool stuff usually comes in bursts and right out of the blue, which works for me. It's not the movie of the year or anything, but it's a good way to send a couple of hours. Recommended for two of the best movie scenes you'll get this year.

7/10

Cars 8/10

I had seen it before, but a repeat viewing means you get to see all the nice wee touches that you miss initially. It's probably one of the most underrated Pixar movies - apparently it's one of the least grossing, but I think it's funny, exciting and genuinely touching in places. Mind you, I'm just a bit soppy at heart.

[REC]

Utterly, utterly, utterly insane. I was paranoid with fear by the last 20 minutes, turning the movie off every time a sound happened. I'm going to wait to see if I score it, but at this point, it feels like a 10.

EDIT : There are things I look for in a horror. Some actual horrific stuff, gore, pure insanity and paranoia, and the ability to give you a sleepless night. You need tension and genuine scares. [REC] delivers everything in a perfect way. Everything from the acting down to the people with viruses was done to perfection.

The great thing about this, is that even the obvious scares were absolutely frightening because of how realistic the movie is. Before these obvious scares happen, I was thinking "oh god, please no !" rather than "oh god, not again.". As far as horror movies go, this is one to be seen.

10/10

Edited by DomDom

The Ten

My movie watching continues with this. A comedy about the ten commandments where there is a story for each one. The stories are pretty bizarre. Most of the stories link with something in another story. The best is "Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Goods", which is just ridiculous. There's some poor stuff, but it's definately a slight thumbs up from me.

6/10

Oh, and P2.

This is a strange film. It features a corporate lawyer who finds herself locked in her office car park on Christmas Eve after her car won't start, with only the security guard for company.

This got pretty poor reviews, but I thought it was alright. The guy who plays the security guard is pretty excellent as a psychopath.

I'd give it a 6/10.

The orphanage - 10/10

Quality spanish film from Del Toro (This guy makes movies i want to watch) ;)

You do realise that Del Toro was just the producer of this movie, right?

Juan Antonia Bayona was the director and the screenplay was written by Sergio G Sanchez. Del Toro has done alot of this in the past, he'll support a youg director to help him/her get started if they have interesting ideas.

Oh, and P2.

This is a strange film. It features a corporate lawyer who finds herself locked in her office car park on Christmas Eve after her car won't start, with only the security guard for company.

This got pretty poor reviews, but I thought it was alright. The guy who plays the security guard is pretty excellent as a psychopath.

I'd give it a 6/10.

I watched that a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

Not brilliant but a good movie.

National Treasure : Book Of Secrets

This movie suffers from an extreme lack of depth in both character and plot. Not that there's not a lot of plot of course. It's just that there's really nothing to it. The characters are so one dimensional that I can't even begin to care. That said, it's still got some right fun action in it and good visuals. That's not all that matters, and it's a thumbs down from me.

4/10

I watched one last night as well.

Sunshine

I'm sure I rated this on here, but I didn't want to go back and look. I'm sure that Danny Boyle set out what he wanted to achieve here. A pretty good sci-fi movie. It's just that the movie takes far too long to get to it's point. We all know where the main problems are going to come from. Icarus I. When they get there, it turns into a movie worth seeing, but even then, it moves at a pretty slow rate. The climax is absolutely must-see though, and pretty much makes the entire movie worth sitting through.

Would I recommend watching the whole movie ? Yes, as I think the ending pretty much pays off everything that comes before, and wouldn't mean as much without watching it all. It's worth watching it all to get to it as well.

6/10

Cloverfield

I decided not to go back and read old reviews. All I can remember is that reactions were mixed. I quite enjoyed it. It's dead spots were really boring, but when the excitement hits, you have some terrifying stuff. The cool stuff usually comes in bursts and right out of the blue, which works for me. It's not the movie of the year or anything, but it's a good way to send a couple of hours. Recommended for two of the best movie scenes you'll get this year.

7/10

just watched it, and would agree totally with your take on it.

Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay 8/10

Its their new movie and you should really enjoy it if you like "Get the munchies" :)

Is this in the Cinema or a straight DVD release?