What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Will Smiths, Im a diddy legend- score 1.

I always feel that Will Smith's films have gone downhill since he stopped releasing excellent music alongside them.

Night of the Hunter (1955).

An absolute classic. Watched this for the first time tonight, and it's a wonderful, wonderful film. Robert Mitchum is terrific and surpasses his portrayal of Max Cady in Cape Fear for sheer evil in this one. Technically, the film also excels with tremendous use of shadows, camera angles, and cinematography years ahead of its time.

One of those old movies that's just a joy to watch.

9/10.

Cat's Eye

This has two pretty faithful adaptations of Stephen King short stories, although the final part is utterly, utterly horrible, although you do get a funny duel between a cat and a troll with a hilarious climax. Some rotten scenes all of the way through. The source material wins over this enough to make it a thumbs in the middle.

5/10

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

It follows the cliched 50s 'horror' plot, with a twist, with effects to make you think it's awful, followed by another twist to make you think that it's actually a pretty decent wee film.

Vincent Price was great in it.

Obviously it's very dated, and in b/w, but get the decent score of 6/10.

watched Rescue Dawn at the weekend, first off as a big Lost fan it was good to see 'Martin Candle' and 'Daniel Faraday' in the film....the latter, Jeremy Davies i think, putting in a pretty decent performance.

Christian Bale was an actor i never particulalry liked but i have to admit over the last year or so my opinion has changed completely. He was excellent in this as well and i thought it was a pretty good film. Great visually and well shot, interesting dynamics with the camera early on raising the question of who is more scared of who, Americans or the Vietnamese.

Good film.

8.5/10

watched Rescue Dawn at the weekend, first off as a big Lost fan it was good to see 'Martin Candle' and 'Daniel Faraday' in the film....the latter, Jeremy Davies i think, putting in a pretty decent performance.

Christian Bale was an actor i never particulalry liked but i have to admit over the last year or so my opinion has changed completely. He was excellent in this as well and i thought it was a pretty good film. Great visually and well shot, interesting dynamics with the camera early on raising the question of who is more scared of who, Americans or the Vietnamese.

Good film.

8.5/10

You are my enemy. :angry:

:o:lol:

what's wrong with jeremy davies? he's good in that film and good in Lost? ....

He is evil.

1. He tried to destroy Saving Private Ryan with his awful acting.

2. He looks like Jimmy Carr.

3. I hate Jimmy Carr.

4. Jimmy Carr is not funny.

5. Jimmy Carr and Jeremy Davies should both be lost, PERMANENTLY.

6. I've never seen Lost.

Night of the Hunter (1955).

An absolute classic. Watched this for the first time tonight, and it's a wonderful, wonderful film. Robert Mitchum is terrific and surpasses his portrayal of Max Cady in Cape Fear for sheer evil in this one. Technically, the film also excels with tremendous use of shadows, camera angles, and cinematography years ahead of its time.

One of those old movies that's just a joy to watch.

9/10.

Totally agree.

The scene with the 2 kids hiding in the barn looking out at Mitchum whistling under the moonlight will stay wi me forever.

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

Awful wee horror "starring" Lindsay Low-rate. The girl can't act for shit, and she ain't that bonny either. She should stick to using her assets in other ways, as acting is certainly not the right career path for her!

The killer was blatantly obvious from the get-go, the music was horrendous, the Malaysians banned this pile of crap and I'm jealous of them!

The 3 marks are basically for trying a few plot twists, despite carrying them so badly it was unbelievable!

On further inspection, I'll give it 2 as with that budget ($12m) they could have done a lot better!

2/10

Totally agree.

The scene with the 2 kids hiding in the barn looking out at Mitchum whistling under the moonlight will stay wi me forever.

That's a tremendous scene. It's the despair in the kid's voice when he says "Don't he ever sleep?"

I also loved when he was telling his kid sister the bedtime story, and the silhouette of Mitchum in his hat appeared on the wall. Sheer menace.

The whole film was maginificent, literally dripping in symbolism from start to finish.

Anyone seen (REC) yet?

Ive heard its pretty good and shite scary. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Apparantly everyone loves it because it's foreign, and it's not Cloverfield.

Which basically means they loved Cloverfield, dinnae want to admit it because it's so popular, so will gush their praise on this instead as a sort of buffer zone.

People are nothing if not predictable.

Oh, and it is rather good as well. Not as good as the 'C' word though.

Apparantly everyone loves it because it's foreign, and it's not Cloverfield.

Which basically means they loved Cloverfield, dinnae want to admit it because it's so popular, so will gush their praise on this instead as a sort of buffer zone.

People are nothing if not predictable.

Oh, and it is rather good as well. Not as good as the 'C' word though.

Tbh Stewarty I disliked Cloverfield because it couldn't decide what it was wanting to be and I had no feelings towards the characters. With [Rec] it made an effort to get you behind the characters even if they were whiney and annoying it still ellicited some feeling from me. Whereas with Cloverfield it didn't.