What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Citizen Kane - 10/10

Quite simply the greatest movie ever made in terms of technical achievement and the advancement of cinema plus the story aint half bad and the acting is superb.

Solaris (2002)

3/10

What an utterly awful movie.

Basically all Clooney had to do was get the black woman to leave her room and get back on the spaceship and go home. Yet he decides to get engulfed by Solaris instead of going home.

What a fud.

Oh, and the 3 points are for Jeremy Davies dying, for looking like Jimmy Carr, the same reason as I wanted him to die in Saving Private Ryan.

I honestly can't wait to see how Del Toro handles The Hobbit. It could be something truly special

I thought Peter Jackson was doing The Hobbit?

I'd probably prefer Jackson, while I love Pan's Labyrinth, Del Toro has had a few stinkers...

I thought Peter Jackson was doing The Hobbit?

I'd probably prefer Jackson, while I love Pan's Labyrinth, Del Toro has had a few stinkers...

Nope, it's definitely Del Toro.

Was rumoured to be Jackson at first though!

Jackson and Fran Walsh (his wife) are producing and possibly writing some of it (not sure about the writing but they are producing)

Peter Jackson is only an executive producer, so has next to nothing to do with it.

For example, Tarantino and Hostel. He just added his name for publicity for the terrible, terrible film.

Jackson had a big fall out with people, but before that, he was down to direct The Hobbit. Now Del Toro is the director. Even Hellboy had some style with him, so I can't imagine just how good The Hobbit is going to be with him at the helm.

I originally tipped Pan's Labyrinth as a contender for best movie of the decade so far, and I'm not really seeing a better option.

Pan's Labyrinth

Repeated viewing is defiantely kind to this one. An utterly wonderful movie.

10/10

Totally agree with this rating. One of the most amazing films I've seen (though that weird creature with the eyes in its hands reminds me of Archie MacPherson :huh: ).

I also like the idea of stick insect fairys :D

Just seen In Bruges with colin farrell and glendan Breeson. I nearly passed out I was laughing so much. The humour will probably not be to everyones taste as it can be pretty un PC with child molesting jokes and midgets getting the piss ripped out of them. For me it's the funniest film I've seen in about 2 years and I have seen alot of the "comedies" that have been released in that time as well.

10/10 for me but if the humour isnt to your taste it'll be a 5 or a 6/10 I reckons

Simon Says (2006)

5/10

Pretty inventive for Fife Horror, but once you've seen one, you've seen 'em all!

Crispin Glover (currently starring in The I Scream Man with horror legends Dee Wallace and George A. Romero) does a good job as the killer and Margo Harshman does well as the one who survives.

That's not giving anything away, it's always the one who is closest to Eliza Dushku that survives in this type of film!

Blondes may as well just lie down with a sign saying "Kill me" at the beginning!!!

Its All Gone Pete Tong, I Watched It Last Night As It Was On Tv, An Enjoyable Film To Watch. 8/10 :)

Grrr... stop typing like that. It's intensely annoying,

Anyway, more to the point, is "being enjoyable" really worth 8 out of 10? I would say an 8 would have to be more than that.

I originally tipped Pan's Labyrinth as a contender for best movie of the decade so far, and I'm not really seeing a better option.

I would say it's up there. However I would say that Brick is up there with it from my point of view and also City of God was made this decade aswell (seems ages ago)!

The Orphanage was quality but I don't want to class it in the same category as these other films due to only seeing it recently.