What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

run arnold run a biopic of arnold schwarzanegger over 30 years as he competes firstly for the mr universe title then for the california governer election 4/10 worth seeing for the absolute shocking acting by the guy who plays him in later life it really needs to be seen

SO do you mean it is actually an interesting character portrayal he does? or does he actually act like he is Arnie very well? (i.e. a shit actor)

Blood Deep (2005)

1/10

Several characters I didn't give a f**k about, several back stories after the fact that I didn't care about, several shit actors, several deaths off camera for no reason what-so-ever as we already knew the killer's identity.

Just fucking awful.

Edited by SaltyTON

I watched a few recently:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 9/10. Indy4 canot come soon enough.

All of Me - 8/10. The blueprint for Anchorman and Me, Myself and Irene. Steve Martin on fine form, even if it's a sweeter re-hash of The Man With Two Brains.

Toy Story - 8/10.

Big - 7/10. Hanks is great, Perkins is foxy ;)

The Sting

A tad bit predictable and it hasn't aged well either. The music through the movie makes the whole thing ridiculous too. Okay, so they want to make it as good a period movie as possible, but at the expense of making the movie as good as possible ? It's this sort of thing that made me dislike Death Proof. Anyways, it's a good movie, but also frustrating, as it could have been much better.

7/10

The Sting is one of those really well known films that I've never actually seen.

I always try and get to see the well known movies. Anyways ...

The Southland Tales

Am I the only one who's been pleasantly surprised by Justin Timberlake when he acts ? He certainly does a better job than The Rock and Sarah Michelle Gellar. The movie itself is weird, but also to the point of idiocy at times. The weirdness is enough to keep you glued at times because you aren't left bored too much, but I still can't rate it highly, because there are times when the story becomes almost non-existant.

4/10

The Flying Scotsman - 8/10

Johnny Lee Miller gives a very creditable performance as Graham Obree. Chris Boardman must relly be pissed off whenever Obree's mentioned in the same breath.

The Slaughterhouse Massacre (USA) aka Sickle (UK) (2005) (V)

4 really annoying characters go to an abbatoir in search of a local urban myth Marty Sickle, the film in itself is worth nothing, but half a mark for each of the 3 that die, 1 for the death that doesn't involve a sickle, and a half mark for the necessary I'm going for the car out this window, oh I've fallen and shockingly enough sprained my ankle scene.

That gives us 3/10

There Will Be Blood

Utterly captivating, but totally bewildering western, I guess, about an insane oil tycoon and an equally insane preacher. I have absolutely no idea what the point of this movie was, I can't honestly say I enjoyed it, but I have never seen a movie remotely similar. Definitely a ground breaking piece of cinema, in the same sense as ...Jess James... is. Both movies are superior conceptually and artistically to No Country For Old Men. the oscars are a sham.

Children of the Living Dead (2001) (V)

6/10

Tom Savini and Bill Hinzman, two horror legends combine to make a decent straight to video zombie flick.

Also of note that the "introducing" actor A. Barrett Worland has worked in a grand total of ONE feature film since, the well known "Fighting Words" in 2007, about a young poet who falls in love with a publisher who is HIV positive. Sounds fascinating. :lol:

Maybe he just should have been a street sweeper.

Edited by SaltyTON

I watched Battle Royale again the other night. It's a great film.

I haven't seen the sequel though, not sure if I fancy it. Has anyone seen it?

Battle Royale, class in a glass the sequel is VERY VERY poor, so bad I only watched half of it. Although other people liked it, it felt like a straight to DVD release after a highly successful movie which it probably was :P

I watched Battle Royale again the other night. It's a great film.

I haven't seen the sequel though, not sure if I fancy it. Has anyone seen it?

I preferred the sequel to be honest, one of my favourite films of all time. But the first one was still a 9/10 effort!