What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Mummy 3: 8/10

Loved the first 2 films and this one wasnt a disappointment, enjoyed it from start to finish and full of laughs, especially John Hannah.

:lol:

I thought it was utter bollocks

:lol:

It was beyond shite. I give it 1/10 and that is for the Yak spewing in the plane.

Cassandra's Dream ( 2007 )

If Woody Allen still had a clue how to put a movie together, this could have been much higher up the scoring scale. Good story with good performances by the panicking Ewan MacGregor and Colin Farrell. But there is no drama. No thrills or tension. Just a movie unfolding. I know that not everything has to be overdramatic, but a movie should be involving and this basically isn't. It's still good enough for thumbs slightly up.

6/10

The Last Samurai (2003)

Decent film but nothing spectacular, Tom Cruise and Billy Connolly really don't help it!

Shame that I saw 300 before it, as that does the whole Thermopylae battle idea a lot better!

6/10

Went to see The Dark Night tonight.

As expected, a terrific movie, with loads of great performances. I'm not sure all the hoo hah about Ledger's performance is justified though. He's good in it, great maybe even, but hardly Oscar winning material. Nicholson's performance in the 1989 film is one I've always admired, and I was looking forward to comparing the two, however it might as well have been two different characters, such was the difference. I think Nicholson's version was more in line with the old tv series, whereas Ledger's was more old style comic book. Both great in their own way.

Anyway, besides that, a fine example of how to make a big screen adaptation of a comic-book hero. Better than the previous film? Probably. Best film of all time as the readers of IMDB are currently voting? Nowhere close.

9/10

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (1999)

Couldn't be bothered watching anything I hadn't seen before, so put on some light entertainment instead! When you've seen a film many times before you can stuck watching the main characters and just look around the backgrounds, and there is so many more things there that you wouldn't see the first time.

I'm gonna give it a higher mark as there really is quite a lot!

9/10

This Is England

overated.

Yes, it certainly is over-rated. But it was still a 7/10 which is "good" in my book.

Over-rated tells us nothing. Give it a mark out of ten, you know the point of the thread!

Guest dougalldogg

Step Brothers

Was much the same as Farells other movies, which suited me fine because I think he is hilarious. Definately worth a watch and some of the gags are just quality had me rofl.

8/10

Guest dougalldogg
Superbad. Thought it had some funny moments (mostly with the policemen) but it was a bit predictable. 6/10

Cant believe you would rate Superbad a 6/10, without a doubt a 8.5/10 in my books

Todays cinematic (dis)pleasure was Mama Mia.

I would give it 9/10 for the songs and 5/10 for the story, acting etc. Meryl Streep was good at times but the rest was a bit cringeworthy. Also, Jr got bored and cranky towards the end so it loses points for that.

Yes, but I'm not a knuckledragger who thinks jokes about sex and drinking are oh-so-hilarious.

I must be a knuckledragger then as I thought it was really funny.

Hadnt laughed so much in ages at a movie when I watched that.

The cops were comedy gold :)