What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hellboy and Hellboy II on DVD - both get a solid 9/10. Amazing visuals, and just the right amount of humour.

Barry Manilow will never be the same......

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) - 5/10. Keanu Reeves should only play characters with no emotions - it's all he can do.

They didn't muck the story up too much, but it just, sort of, *ended*; it could have done with an extra 10 minutes to explain what had happened and what the human race had to do next.

Highlander (1986)

You know the one in which the Scot pretending to be Spanish and the French guy pretending to be Scottish take on the American pretending to be Russian, and a lot of it happens in the only castle that anyone ever sees in films about Scotland (Eilean Donan).

Pretty fun, with a good soundtrack. More plotholes than I know where to begin, but good fun to watch none-the-less.

7/10

DVD of 'Into the Wild' last night

the visuals were amazing, but a somewhat dour 'inspired by a true story' about a young lad who wants to escape his family by travelling to Alaska. the acting was first rate, as was the visuals and music. it as thought provoking.

7/10 for me but not a cheery tale.

Watching The Terminal on BBC 1 at the moment, and it's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen so far.

see its one that should be really good, good plot, tom hanks -good actor-, steven speilberg -decent director-, zeta jones -nice legs-, yet I agree aside from the excellent jazz part of the plot and a legend like benny golson being in the last 5 minutes -this is a poor effort 4/10

Posieden -the kurt russell version- surprisingly watchable tosh. 6/10

the thing 8/10 now there is a frozen wasteland horror unlike

30 days of night 3/10 pish and too long

ghostbusters 6/10 not aged to well a film made better by your nostalgic memories

still got the dark night to watch from christmas just can't get the telly to myself

Watched a couple of good films:

The Dark Knight - very good, but not 'the best film of the year' or anything. Probably on a par with Daredevil, to be honest ( Hey, I liked it). Heath Ledger was fine in it, but it's easy to play a mad character; much more difficult to play an understated role, like that of a mumbling bummer.

Kung Fu Panda- 8/10- surprisingly, very funny. And once you looked beyond the fat jokes, some of the fight scenes were beautifully and stylishly executed.

3 films this weekend:

The Reader

I don't believe Kate Winslet merits oscar buzz for this role as a Nazi war criminal with a toy boy and a secret that is fairly bloody obvious from early in the film. And why have a film with British actors speaking with dodgy German accents. Haven't we learned lessons from Steve MacLaren? Just hire German actors and have it subtitled, for christ's sake.

6/10

The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Really engaging documentary about hugely talented singer songwriter Daniel Johnston who was committed to an asylum a number of times. One notable incident was when he pulled the keys from the ignition of a plane his dad was flying and threw them out the window - he survived. Buy his albums.

8/10

The Wrestler

Mickey Rourke is perfect for this grim Daniel Aranofsky film about an Ultimate Warrior type wrestler who has hit the hard life since his fall from fame in the 80s. Marisa Tomei in yet another slutty role - fair play to her.

7/10

3 films this weekend:

[

The Devil and Daniel Johnston

Really engaging documentary about hugely talented singer songwriter Daniel Johnston who was committed to an asylum a number of times. One notable incident was when he pulled the keys from the ignition of a plane his dad was flying and threw them out the window - he survived. Buy his albums.

8/10

7/10

Preach on, brother. It's a very sympathetic and at times moving documentary. Even if you don't like his music, it's an excellent piece of work and an insight into the mind of a very troubled and creative man.

Once (2006) 7/10.

Musical/Film about an Irish busker who meets a Slovak street vendor in Dublin and their story together.

A good film with some nice funny parts but I felt they could've cut the music scences down by a minute or so, some of the songs seemed to drag on a bit, but a nice ending and a good flick, not bad for less than a 100,000 euros or whatever it was filmed on.

Once (2006) 7/10.

Musical/Film about an Irish busker who meets a Slovak street vendor in Dublin and their story together.

A good film with some nice funny parts but I felt they could've cut the music scences down by a minute or so, some of the songs seemed to drag on a bit, but a nice ending and a good flick, not bad for less than a 100,000 euros or whatever it was filmed on.

About double that.