What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Recently I have (re)watched the following.

Monty Python's Holy Grail - 9.5/10 - I always feel it could have been put together better

Monty Python's Life of Brian - 10/10

Local Hero - 7/10

Platoon - 8/10 - I feel I will enjoy it more if I come to watch it again

The Goonies - 6/10

Monty Python's Holy Grail - 9.5/10 - I always feel it could have been put together better

Local Hero - 7/10

The Goonies - 6/10

I read this and felt I had to watch it again. Its brilliant.

Snakes on a plane is on Channel 4 tonight i think. is it any good? the advert looked quite good but they always put the most exciting bits in the advert just to get you to watch it. :)

Local Hero - 7/10

The Goonies - 6/10

That is a startlingly low mark for one of the greatest films of all time.

I read this and felt I had to watch it again. Its brilliant.

Snakes on a plane is on Channel 4 tonight i think. is it any good? the advert looked quite good but they always put the most exciting bits in the advert just to get you to watch it. :)

Despite a ridiculous premise, this is actually a fairly competent action movie. A bit like Con Air or something.

Homeward bound, classic family movie about 2 dogs and a cat trying to find thier way home

10/10

Great film. And I hate dogs!

It's a real family movie. It was my daughter's favourite when she was little and now my son loves it.

I just watched Hancock. It was initially pretty decent, but faded about two thirds in and just became a bit ...bleh 6/10

That is a startlingly low mark for one of the greatest films of all time.

I felt it was on the lower ede of 7. I think my friends had overhyped it. I watched it last night, in retrospect a 7 would probibly a fairer mark, good, but not great. Good fun though.

I felt it was on the lower ede of 7. I think my friends had overhyped it. I watched it last night, in retrospect a 7 would probibly a fairer mark, good, but not great. Good fun though.

The Goonies is the ultimate film for cheering you up. I was unwell one day, felt like shite, and stuck it on. I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a film in my life.

Other films I've recently watched:

Football Factory: Pisses all over Greenstreet. 7/10

The Dark Knight: If not for Heath Ledger as the Joker, it'd be a pretty mediocre film, but his inclusion is amazing. 9/10

One Missed Call (2008)

I wish the Americans would stop rehashing Japanese horror, cos they are really bad at it! Okay the Japanese films tend to be pretty average, but they have an ability to get a sense of fear over that no-one else can manage!

This was just fucking stupid, I mean Stephen King stupid... shove your 'Cell' up your arse, you pompous fat troll.

2/10

Watched a few films over the last few days

Nightmare before Christmas - 7/10

Good film, considerin it is essentially an animated musical. Better than the Corpse Bride too

Simpsons Movie - 6/10

Pretty average, not many laugh out loud moments or that, not a bad watch but nothing great.

Disturbia - 8.5/10

Quality thriller with Shia Leboeuf, plenty of tension and a very good watch. Oh and the burd in it is smokin hot!!!!

The Wrestler

Mickey Rourke plays washed-up former pro wrestling star, Randy The Ram Robinson, making ends meet in the weekend wrestling circuit in New Jersey.

After a brutal, no holds barred match featuring nail guns, barbed wire etc he has a heart attack and is warned to stop wrestling (and the attendant training and steroid abuse) or die. He attempts to rebuild his life but attempts to reconnect with his daughter, to work for his keep and to build a relationship with Cassidy, a local stripper, all come to nothing so he returns for a final, almost suicidal match with his old nemesis from the 1980s.

It's a pretty downbeat film, which for the main follows your average sports film story. However, the writing has a bit too much integrity to go for the easy outcomes and the ending is heartbreakingly ambigious. Mickey Rourke gives a great performance, he just fits the part so well - he looks exactly as Randy should, a hulking, uncomfortable, unnatural 'piece of meat'. Marisa Tomei is also good as his only real friend, an aging stripper.

If anyone fancies a career as a professional wrestler, probably best not go and see this film!

Wild Hogs (2007)

It's not often I sit and watch a comedy and smile through most of it, even with Tim Allen in there it still had enough to make it a very good comedy.

The use of the Allman Brothers, in the same way as they did in the Devil's Rejects was nicely done.

Just generally good fun!

8/10